Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elendril

Guild Banks in TBC

55 posts in this topic

That's a very healthy guild bank at this point I'd say.

We had ~43,000 gold going into Naxx, and virtually no bank to speak of by the end of December. That hurt.

About the same here, 35k to about 8k by the end of naxx - mostly on MC BoE's.

Today we're at about 7k, and don't really intend to raise it... I'm not too fond of taking the 25 man drops to one person for the bank. Selling the chest is a decent idea, but everyone on the server practically can access that.

Is it wrong of me to feel burning hatred every time I see a Gatherer notification of a guild mate (and friend!) picking a mana thistle/terracone/fel lotus? I know they made sacrifices to pick up herbalism, and I get along with them fine, but every day at some point I'll break down and unload a stream of invective into gchat with my opinions on herbalists. Generally after a trip to the AH for flask mats or flasks. It's not logical or reasoned at all, just flashes of pure irrational hate, probably fueled by envy.

On topic, I don't think we have any guild bank to speak of right now, other than flasks for tanks. We never handed out pots or repair money to the raid, people were always told to farm their own, it's no different now - except even tanks are probably fending for themselves more now than they did before. Quest items like idols/scarabs/desecrated scraps were banked, most other stuff was generally greeded.

Our guild has always been a little shifty on the bank situation. But one of the best systems, if you use a straight up dkp system (dont know how well it would work with zero sum, etc). Is to "price" items for dkp value and have donations per week.

What i do is pretty simple, i say new flasks are worth 5 dkp, 2 repair bots 5dkp, 1 stoneshield 1 dkp, 1 ironshield 2 dkp, 50g per 5dkp etc etc, and i let them have a max of 25dkp turnins per week (so they dont over inflate the hell out of the system). On tuesdays before the raid i go into GB, see what we have and who has donated, and add their dkp. Pretty simple and effective plan to build a GB from scraps.

What i do is pretty simple, i say new flasks are worth 5 dkp, 2 repair bots 5dkp, 1 stoneshield 1 dkp, 1 ironshield 2 dkp, 50g per 5dkp etc etc, and i let them have a max of 25dkp turnins per week (so they dont over inflate the hell out of the system). On tuesdays before the raid i go into GB, see what we have and who has donated, and add their dkp. Pretty simple and effective plan to build a GB from scraps.

We use a similar system to this, the only gripe I have is that processing the donation to DKP is admin heavy. Does anyone know of a mod that can monitor donations based on set variables, then output for EQDKP or similar? If I can find a one step process I'll be sorted ... :-)

We use a similar system to this, the only gripe I have is that processing the donation to DKP is admin heavy. Does anyone know of a mod that can monitor donations based on set variables, then output for EQDKP or similar? If I can find a one step process I'll be sorted ... :-)

Yeah, i find it to be very daunting to add a bunch of people each week too. i do individual adjustments for each week per member, so it gets to be a hassle, this would be nice. I COULD write a mod to do this, and will look into it, however i don't think there is anyway to automate individual adjustments. If there is let me know and i will definately get started on a mod for this. great idea.