Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garf

The Cataclysmic Art of Making Gold

197 posts in this topic

The only way that makes sense is if icethorn and adder's tongue are also 55g a stack.
Unfortunately, this is the case still on a lot of servers. Some of the larger servers have seen the high Northrend herb prices come down in the 25-35g/stack range, but others are still up at 50g+ a stack (generally the smaller servers with less farmers).

Add to it that people are hoarding for as many skillups that they can get come Cata, and well, there you have it.

On my server, Icethorn/Adder's is hanging in the 28g+ range....Couple times a week undercutters will get it down to 20-22 for a few stacks, but those are quickly bought up.

Glyphs are still selling well on the larger servers, and the scribes that didn't stock up with multiple stacks of each glyph pre-4.0.1 patch, are now scrambling to buy herbs to mill for inks (and it takes 3 inks to make all glyphs right now, save 1).

With the announcement that the insane feat of strength may be unachievable in cataclysm the prices for things like DM librams, pristine black diamonds, darkmoon faire cards are already starting to go through the roof.

Regarding Tome of Polymorph Turtle, can the above statement please be confirmed?

I am finally in beta and I cannot locate this spell on trainers. If these "other means" Blizzard is mentioning are not available at launch of Cataclysm than early on it will be worth a bundle. This is one of the items I am keeping my eye on.

With the announcement that the insane feat of strength may be unachievable in cataclysm the prices for things like DM librams, pristine black diamonds, darkmoon faire cards are already starting to go through the roof.

I wouldn't expect DMF cards to go up, since Shen'dralar is the only reputation confirmed to be unobtainable after the shattering. I've seen a huge spike in the prices of librams and PBDs, but I feel that it's an extremely risky market to try and get into. Best case, any unsold inventory becomes vendor trash when 4.0.3a hits. Realistically, your inventory probably becomes worthless a lot sooner because the number of people actually attempting Insane in the Membrane at this point is going to be quite small. Anyone casually attempting it has probably already given up and unloaded their stockpile of materials once it was announced that they had a maximum of six weeks to complete the Shen'dralar portion, and there's no good way to estimate how many remaining customers you actually have.

If you're lucky, you may be able to charge some obscene prices right before 4.0.3a hits, because almost any price is better than failing that FoS after the gold and time investment it takes. Nevertheless, trying to snatch up Insane materials to resell is not what I'd consider a good strategy.

I am finally in beta and I cannot locate this spell on trainers. If these "other means" Blizzard is mentioning are not available at launch of Cataclysm than early on it will be worth a bundle. This is one of the items I am keeping my eye on.
I disagree. before Blizz announced that it would be available "by other means", the prices were high.

You can get them for 500g (or less!) on my server.

I don't foresee the prices skyrocketing, much less selling, for any new "twink" mages coming around.

And those that are completists, and intending to make Dwarf mages, Goblin mages, etc, already picked up their copies a while ago, or farmed it up themselves since it's easy to get.

Now, something to get cheap, and hold on to, the Razzashi Hatchling - vanity pets are always sellers - if you look to the very long term market, picking some of these up now, and sitting on them a long while, you'll get a good rate of return. But all depends on the prices on your server.

I disagree. before Blizz announced that it would be available "by other means", the prices were high.

You can get them for 500g (or less!) on my server.

I don't foresee the prices skyrocketing, much less selling, for any new "twink" mages coming around.

And those that are completists, and intending to make Dwarf mages, Goblin mages, etc, already picked up their copies a while ago, or farmed it up themselves since it's easy to get.

Now, something to get cheap, and hold on to, the Razzashi Hatchling - vanity pets are always sellers - if you look to the very long term market, picking some of these up now, and sitting on them a long while, you'll get a good rate of return. But all depends on the prices on your server.

I disagree. The tomes are cheap now because of blizzard's announcement. The tome itself will be available through other means - not the spell. This means there is a high probability that the item will be dropped or sold by an NPC (think tome of polymorph: black cat). Of course, blizzard may make this a very common drop, in which case the tome would become nearly worthless.

The tomes always sold for 1-2k before blizzard's announcement. If they retain similarly accessible in Cata, expect prices to rise or at least hold even.

That being said, I'm still buying at 700g and under.

The tomes always sold for 1-2k before blizzard's announcement. If they retain similarly accessible in Cata, expect prices to rise or at least hold even.

That being said, I'm still buying at 700g and under.

On my server tomes used to sell ~200g, and skyrocketed to 2k+ when Blizz announced the removal of ZG. But now that they stated there will be "means" of acquiring it, the prices are down to 200-500g. At this point it can go either way in Cata; Rarer then it was in ZG (more expensive), easier to get than ZG (cheap/trash.)

As for the Razzashi, I've seen them on AH for 15k-35k. I have not idea how much it'll be worth once it becomes "extinct."

I have seen good success farming up and selling enchants on the auction house. Mongoose and the boa enchants, spellpower, agility, crusader, etc, have been selling really well,

While you are doing these old world dungeons and raids for mounts or other items, I've been having an enchanter just sit in group with me, they don't have to be in the same area as you. Pair it with something like farming for Thunderfury, Anzu, or Zulian Tiger, that way you have a chance to get something cool and make a lot of money at the same time.

I buy every Tome I see under 500g, even now I am seeing a profit as I can regularly buy them at about 400g and resell at about 700, still have about 20 saved though that i'm gonna sit on. Only time will tell I guess.

If you have a large amount of Dark moon cards or decks, this might also be the time to sell them at above average prices.

After the current darkmoon farie ends there will only be 2-3 days of DMF before Cataclysm (right before the addon) and everyone who wants the Insane in the Membrane Achievement will have to turn in tons of cards/decks these 2 days.

If you have a large amount of Dark moon cards or decks, this might also be the time to sell them at above average prices.

After the current darkmoon farie ends there will only be 2-3 days of DMF before Cataclysm (right before the addon) and everyone who wants the Insane in the Membrane Achievement will have to turn in tons of cards/decks these 2 days.

You can do that later; Darkmoon Faire isn't going away.

If you have Librams/Pristine Black Diamonds, it's time to cash in within the next 4 weeks. That is the real chokepoint for the hopeful Insanes. Since the Shendralar go away with the Dire Maul revamp, I presume the librams will turn into grey vendor trash (like the spellbooks did in 4.0.1).

You can do that later; Darkmoon Faire isn't going away.

If you have Librams/Pristine Black Diamonds, it's time to cash in within the next 4 weeks. That is the real chokepoint for the hopeful Insanes. Since the Shendralar go away with the Dire Maul revamp, I presume the librams will turn into grey vendor trash (like the spellbooks did in 4.0.1).

The demand for Dark Moon Faerie rep (and therefore lowlvl cards/decks) will most likely go down as well with cata since you cant complete the Insane in the Membrane achievement anymore unless you are exalted with Shendralar already.

There will be no real other reason to get DMF to exalted except for 10 points.

The demand for Dark Moon Faerie rep (and therefore lowlvl cards/decks) will most likely go down as well with cata since you cant complete the Insane in the Membrane achievement anymore unless you are exalted with Shendralar already.

There will be no real other reason to get DMF to exalted except for 10 points.

Although I do know quite a few people who are currently only working on parts of the Insane achievements which are going to be removed (Bloodsail, Shrendalar) and planning to finish up on the DMF part of the achievement during cata.

However, unless you are in one of the most densely populated servers, the amount of potential revenue from this niche group won't probably be worth speculating on, seeing that there will also be a supply increase from those pursuing the achievements but dumping the extras due to excess cards. Not to mention, if they find out that the low-level deck prices are jacked up too high to not worth the rep turnin, they can always choose the alternative option, which is to turn in the lvl-85 cata decks. They can, for example, turn in the more inferior lvl-85 decks which will be relatively abundant and cheap due to scribes making excessive cards to strive for the "lvl-85 Greatness card", or offering to turn in the "lvl 85-Greatness card" for the surge of players who are actually going to use the trinket.

They are also relatively easy and quick to farm, I am currently acquiring at least 2 a day, with a current stock pile of 36. With the extinction of this pet I would estimate a price of over 30k per pet 6 - 12 months after the initial wave hits. As a side note coins and bijous as a by product are also selling well to those wanting to squeeze in the Zandalar rep.

It seems the Insane title no longer requires Shen'dralar reputation. I assume this means it will be available in Cataclysm, which means the market for Junkboxes won't collapse either.

Have the locations for the blue gems patterns shown up in Cataclysm yet? At the beginning of WotLK, inadvertently being one of the first people with the blue spellpower gem pattern (I was going for an epic rep item, the pattern was a bonus) on Lightninghoof was a gold mine for me, pulling in several thousand gold a day for a few weeks until other people caught up.

I keep checking Wowhead for where the JC patterns are, hoping to replicate my success, and it seems all the patterns are listed without any location. :-(

Can anyone confirm if the ink trader in Dalaran (or perhaps even a new ink trader) will switch to accepting Cata ink for lower level inks? If so, will this change happen in 4.0.3 or in Cataclysm?

Have the locations for the blue gems patterns shown up in Cataclysm yet? Inadvertently being one of the first people with the blue spellpower gem pattern (I was going for an epic rep item, the pattern was a bonus) on Lightninghoof was a gold mine for me, pulling in several thousand gold a day for a few weeks until other people caught up.

I keep checking Wowhead for where the JC patterns are, hoping to replicate my success, and it seems all the patterns are listed without any location. :-(

Does this mean they've finally scrapped that awful daily system for JC? Been trying to find info on how getting recipes works in Cataclysm, can't say I've been to succesful.

Does this mean they've finally scrapped that awful daily system for JC? Been trying to find info on how getting recipes works in Cataclysm, can't say I've been to succesful.

You do know not all patterns in Wrath were from the dailies, right? Some were BoP drops from specific mobs, others were BoE world drops and lastly dailies.

They are also relatively easy and quick to farm, I am currently acquiring at least 2 a day, with a current stock pile of 36. With the extinction of this pet I would estimate a price of over 30k per pet 6 - 12 months after the initial wave hits. As a side note coins and bijous as a by product are also selling well to those wanting to squeeze in the Zandalar rep.

The Razzashi Hatchling will drop from another source after the Shattering.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)

Source: MMO-Champion BlueTracker

Based on screenshots many JC epic cuts in Cata mirror what happened in Wrath. Specifically there are 73 cuts which can be purchased with 3 tokens received from doing the JC daily. This roughly matches what Wrath saw. I haven't seen it, but it would be logical to assume there will be a duplication of the ability to trade dust from prospecting one of the new ores for tokens.

After they announced that the insane title would no longer be available all the mats related to gaining rep for it went "insane" pricewise. (Sorry)

Now it's been a few days since they announced that it won't be going away. People are still buying like mad. Get rid of your snowfall ink while you can. On my medium pop server I couldn't keep enough of it on the AH without selling out.

The daily quest system for JC tokens is still there in Cataclysm. There will be 3 new quests. Source: Kaliope's WoW Crafting Blog: Cataclysm Jewelcrafting: 450-475

Have the locations for the blue gems patterns shown up in Cataclysm yet? At the beginning of WotLK, inadvertently being one of the first people with the blue spellpower gem pattern (I was going for an epic rep item, the pattern was a bonus) on Lightninghoof was a gold mine for me, pulling in several thousand gold a day for a few weeks until other people caught up.

After doing some research and data mining, this is what I have come up with. There are also skill level 525 blue quality rings/necks on the JC token vendor. These should get you to cap. However they require 4 Chimera's Eye each as well as 75 volatiles (new version of eternals).

Kaliope of Crafterstome says:

"The token vendor also sells the new meta-gem cuts and Chimera's Eye recipes. Meta gem recipes kick in at 490 and will get you to the 500 range. Chimera cuts are available at 500 and have exactly the same level range as meta gems. Meta gems will be the likely next step after rare gem cuts poop out on you. They won't get you anywhere near 525 though, the only recipe I see that gets even close is the Fire Prism recipe that's on a 1-day cooldown. You'll note in our recipe lists that there are zero recipes between 500 and 525. This is pretty accurate, most beta players are using the Fire Prism. Even that appears to turn green at 520, a painful process if you ask me.

This is the main reason I haven't tried to level Jewelcrafting yet, I can't imagine this is the final design for progression. But there's a clear trend for moving all 500+ recipe to traders and vendors. So far I've seen it with Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Tailoring and now Jewelcrafting. I think we need to assume that plowing through a profession on the first day will be close to impossible. Jewelcrafting is throttled by the daily quest lady. You just won't be able to purchase any recipe from her until the third day of Cataclysm. The other three professions are throttled by your character level. You can't unlock the Twilight Highlands vendors until you reach level 84 and can access the starter quest in Highbank." Source: Kaliope's WoW Crafting Blog: Cataclysm Jewelcrafting Recipes Now Online

Full list of recipes in beta: Jewelcrafting Recipes : Crafter's Tome : World of Warcraft

To sum things up, JC will be hard to power level fast. It will gated by the Fire Prism 1-day cooldown as well as the JC daily quest, which rewards only 1 token a day. If you plan on going for ream first or simply trying to max it out shortly after release, you will have to unlock the daily and fire prism recipe and just do those every single day. Cooking in Warth was similar to this, recipes turned green around 425 and you were blocked by doing the daily and buying expensive spices and materials (cooking has been made easier to level recently).