Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight

FaceShooter and hunter shot priorities in Cataclysm

56 posts in this topic

Need of HM/SpS can be determined by target HP, i.e. "recommend HM/SpS if targetHP < [an user specified value with some default (say 30k)]"

Need of HM/SpS can be determined by target HP, i.e. "recommend HM/SpS if targetHP < [an user specified value with some default (say 30k)]"

Target HP alone is a very bad criteria for debuff requirements as it makes a big difference wether you have to burn those 30k alone or with 24 other people in the raid. That´s why I´d rather do it the time-to-life way again.

This criteria can be useful on non-bosslevel targets (trash etc).

That is only because you would be using target health as a proxy for time to die -- i.e., "These 30k health targets will die fast in my group, so I don't have time to use [insert ability]." The point is that a health threshold is meaningless without the context of how much damage the target is taking, at which point using time-to-die is more useful.

I finished the TTL module yesterday and will release a new version as soon as Im confident it´s working as intended (which propably means having done a few heroics and/or raids). I also included options that don´t require the TTL module and make FS either don´t suggest SpS/BA/Traps at all or on bosslevel mobs only.

Thread closed in the interest of Cataclysm cleanup. Look for a new thread from Midnight when the testing mentioned in the last post is completed.