Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thazzdingo

Cataclysm Mage Resources

89 posts in this topic

Lightweave Embroidery is actually proccing 580 Intellect in game now. The Tailoring menu lists it as Spell Power, but the proc shows and gives Intellect. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or intended, but I like it! This makes Tailoring far and away the best profession if kept as is.

While the buff tooltip says 580 Intellect, my character info actually showed an increase of 609 when it procced. Spellpower and mana increased accordingly. Can anyone confirm this?

Assuming maximum uptime we would get an average of 152.25 Int vs. 130 Int from other professions.

Indeed Wizardry does affect the Embroidery proc. It's actually rare that the Lightweave proc is not up during the opening of a fight giving this even more of an advantage of being active during most Time Warp phases. I'm extremely happy with Tailoring as a profession.

Some links I've been using for the epic gear via mmo-champion.com are as follows, albeit they have everyone's gear in them. I'm a bit too busy to create a proper Mage tailored list at the moment, but perhaps I will get around to it if someone else does not.

Cataclysm Raid Loot

Valor Points Rewards

Tier 11 Armor Sets

Quoted from the warlock forum:

"Tailoring: Lightweave Embroidery gives 580 Int for 15 seconds on a 45 second ICD. This averages to 193.3 Int, which replaces the normal 50 Int enchant, providing only a 143.3 Int bonus. Tailoring currently gives the greatest DPS increase of all the professions."

Quoted from this thread:

"Lightweave Embroidery: 580 Int for 15 sec, 35% procc chance, 1 min internal cooldown. Asuming maximum uptime we get an average of 145 Int instead of the usual 65 Crit (+80) or 50 Int (+95) enchants. The effective gain is, of course, less than that value!"

Boomkin forum says 50 sec

Which one is correct?

50 seconds is the correct ICD, like all other int procs it is effected by wizardry/kings etc.

From General:

Added new meta gems: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.

Looks like we have our new Meta gem decided. On that note, is a requirement of 3 red gems really much of a requirement? Might as well have it say "Requires three other gem slots."

I updated the OP, all the changes discussed in the last posts should be included. (new Meta Gem, 50sec ICD of Lightweave Embroidery). I also changed the Off-Hand enchant to 40 Int.

So while I had some free time in the lab, I decided to fiddle around with some basics in Matlab.

Below is a graph of the crossover of the stat values for the three main Mage races (Orc, Troll, Goblin). From the math and the looks of it, Troll comes out on top for the most part (duh right?).

The crossover for troll/orc is around 4% haste and for goblin/orc it's around 15% haste. This is the value of haste from your gear/static buffs at the time the racial is accounted for. The spoiler tag has the code that I used for anyone who wants to check the math.

Racial Comparison Graph

% net haste prior to 'zerking

X = (1:.01:2);

% haste post cast

h = 128.05701;

Z_troll = 1.2.*X;

Z_goblin = 1.01.*X;

Y_troll = zeros(size(Z_troll));

Y_goblin = zeros(size(Z_goblin));

for n = 1:length(Z_troll)

Y_troll(n) = ((Z_troll(n)-X(n))*100*h)/18;

% the 18 accounts for it being active for 1/6 of a minute and a 3 minute CD

Y_goblin(n) = (Z_goblin(n)-X(n))*100*h;

end

sp_rat = 3.0677;

h_rat = 1.2961;

Y_troll = h_rat.*Y_troll;

Y_goblin = h_rat.*Y_goblin;

Y_orc = ones(size(Y_troll))*(584/8)/1.17*sp_rat;

X = (X-1)*100;

diff_troll = 1;

diff_goblin = 1;

for m = 1:length(Y_orc)

if abs(Y_troll(diff_troll)-Y_orc(diff_troll)) > abs(Y_troll(m)-Y_orc(m))

diff_troll = m;

end

if abs(Y_goblin(diff_goblin)-Y_orc(diff_goblin)) > abs(Y_goblin(m)-Y_orc(m))

diff_goblin = m;

end

end

figure, plot(X,Y_troll, X,Y_goblin, X,Y_orc)

legend('Troll','Goblin', 'Orc')

hold on

plot(X(diff_troll),Y_troll(diff_troll),'b*')

hold on

plot(X(diff_goblin), Y_goblin(diff_goblin), 'g*')

% legend('Troll','Goblin', 'Orc')

title('Comparison of stat values for Troll, Goblin and Orc racials.')

xlabel('Base haste value prior to application of racial.')

ylabel('Stat value increase due to racial.')

While the buff tooltip says 580 Intellect, my character info actually showed an increase of 609 when it procced. Spellpower and mana increased accordingly. Can anyone confirm this?

Assuming maximum uptime we would get an average of 152.25 Int vs. 130 Int from other professions.

That would be becuase of kings or any other +5% int buff.

580 x 1.05 = 609

Updated the "Pros and Cons of the different Specs" section. Is someone able to estimate the current state of Frost AoE? It got a huge buff, however i didn't really see anyone using it since then.

(No long discussion here please, a rough estimation should be enough because damage output anyways varies quite much in different fight situations)

Wouldn't swapping positions of fire and frost on single target fights also be needed? The last couple of official simcraft outputs posted, both for 4.1 and 4.2 show frost significantly higher than fire anymore, unless I am misunderstanding something.

In the interest of Max/Min:

Arcane Engineers can cast Mage Ward (before the pull or with a spare GCD during movement), then use a Sapper Charge, proccing Incanter's Absorption for ~+250SP for 15 seconds.

The Sapper Charge works neatly with your AP/Berserking/Mirror Image/Haste Pot macro.

does this work still?

Updated for 4.2, the biggest addition is.. a boring gear list >.<

Wouldn't swapping positions of fire and frost on single target fights also be needed? The last couple of official simcraft outputs posted, both for 4.1 and 4.2 show frost significantly higher than fire anymore, unless I am misunderstanding something.

swapped ;)