Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carebare

[BETA] Resto Discussion

231 posts in this topic

Int will pull ahead Spirit on pure MP5 value once you account for Replenishment, Innervate/Glyph, and added Revitalize procs from Rejuv. The spreadsheet lets you play with this pretty well.

One other thing to keep in mind (that's not even obvious on the sheet) is the total mana increase from Int. As in, not the MP5 effect from Revitalize, etc., but the actual fact that longevity increases directly with a larger mana pool. This makes Int far better than Spirit for mana purposes.

Well on the bright side Int and Spirit don't ever compete for themselves on gear outside of gemming.

The problem comes to be, "Do I have enough Int to where spirit should be avoided on gear?

Also innervate glyph isn't working on Beta at the moment.

Are people who got to raid on the Beta finding that they are able to use WG/SM roughly on cooldown while essentially spamming RJ in between?

I was keeping my LB stack up at all times (with LB..) and using wild growth and swiftmend as needed. The "Acquiring Target" mechanic requires some quick focused Regrowths which was the only time I used that without ooc. And Yes I threw a rejuv on anyone needing heals. Since no one heal or hot heals anyone all the way, I did find I would roll hots 2-3 times sometimes, so I know I was getting good use out of Mastery. This was in 10 man, in 25 man, I would want specific healing assignments so I was in charge of say 1 ranged group, keeping Eff on the melee, and healing a tank. This would allow us best synergy with our Mastery thereby saving mana.

I was certainly not gcd locked or "spamming" there were times I was simply waiting for w/e was next. And squeezing in the 10 second channel of my potion of concentration wasn't all that hard.

I used TOL on Halfus during the lots of movement whirlwind phase, and on Omnitron purely to save mana. Mostly just spamming lb's around. And Innervate as early as possible and then again.

I really can't imagine any Cata gear setup that will let you ignore mana completely... I mean if we were haste capped you can burn 65 thousand mana in 10 seconds spamming Regrowth. Which is over half our current mana. In which time you would gain back around 5%.

I just think throughput stats are more helpful then Spirit. 1 rejuv heals for, I think a third max of somebody's life. So if you aren't overhealing with the throughput, then it will save you mana.

Here's the video of our kills! I'm the female troll with green hair, casting green spells, with Green in my name! You see me use the Potion of Concentration at 3:20, and 10:10. (You get the sleep animation over your head)

Those bracers at the end? Aahh ya. Wearing em. World of Raids Forums -> Gallery -> Viewing image -> motsb.png

Not my first pick for stats, but Int is so good i-level will probably be the main determining factor.

Oh I was curious on one point. Does anyone know what the game uses to decide which stat you get from the goblin barbecue? I specifically noticed I got haste from it in the raid. Later last night I was talking to another druid on vent who had just copied a premade, and he was checking everything out, he said he got Int from it.

So I sat down and sure enough I was getting int every time. I would RATHER get int, though haste isn't bad obviously. I would guess either it randomly picks a stat that is useful to your talented spec, or it picks whichever stat you have the most of, or stack the most of, but some of the numbers didn't seem to make sense.

Just curious if anyone has tested to figure out exactly which mechanic it uses to pick the stat.

For anyone stuck using the awful spirit proc weapon enchant you can get a Power Torrent enchant from the shard trader in Twilight Highlands which is a 500 spellpower proc. They also have some upgraded versions of the base enchants (i.e. a mastery/runspeed boot enchant, 20 stats on chest).

[edit] Corrected below. Just tested Power Torrent, and it can proc from HOT ticks, as well as actual casts. [/edit]

Empowered Touch still seems very much broken to me. It works if you're refreshing LB on yourself, but doesn't work if the LB is on another target - which as mentioned, is fairly useless.

For anyone stuck using the awful spirit proc weapon enchant you can get a Power Torrent enchant from the shard trader in Twilight Highlands which is a 500 spellpower proc. They also have some upgraded versions of the base enchants (i.e. a mastery/runspeed boot enchant, 20 stats on chest).

[edit] Corrected below. Just tested Power Torrent, and it can proc from HOT ticks, as well as actual casts. [/edit]

I think if they upped it to something like 500 spirit or maybe even an instant mana gain it might be relatively decent. Still, good tip, I'll probably try it out next time there's a raid testing going on when I'm not raiding on Live.

Chimaeron is pretty fun for Resto. Kind of weird healing mechanic, but HoT's on tanks are great, there's a mechanic that plays into Efflorescence, and you even get to make use of the Tree Form Wrath damage bonus.

Wasn't working the other day!

Only thing I dislike about Chimaeron for resto druids is we have to use nourish to get people above 10k health and you probably won't have a hot on them.

But other than that it was an interesting healing fight kind of similar to Anub.

Don't forget +5% int from leather specialization and the fact that intellect also affects spirit regen.

I think spirit is in a decent place compared to anything but intellect which basically trumps everything anyway. To gain a 10% boost to rejuvenation via crit you'd need something around 4000 rating at level 85. You do gain a fair number of extra rejuvenations if you just have spirit there instead. Haste *might* be decent to gain extra ticks if you could hope to get the second extra one which is currently out of reach (and when it becomes acquirable the returns from spirit have gone up quite a bit thanks to intellect increases).

--

EDIT: A few people I spoke with called Chimaeron the worst boss fight in the expansion thus far. It's all relative but still. :)

The tooltip of WildGrowth was updated to 30 yards in one of the recent beta pushes. That's probably an indication that the change was not a bug.

Theralion+Valiona isn't too interesting to heal, but there are a lot of chances to patch up the raid with Wild Growth, Rejuv, Regrowth and ToL usage. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

We initially went to Chimaeron last night but decided to switch instances as we wiped a few times due to the application of the Bile-o-Tron's buff bug. THAT was a new mechanic to heal, only having to keep people above 10k health, even including the tank, except for double attack.

Overall I'm liking these longer fights, gives us more chances to actually plan our cooldowns.

Theralion+Valiona isn't too interesting to heal, but there are a lot of chances to patch up the raid with Wild Growth, Rejuv, Regrowth and ToL usage. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

We initially went to Chimaeron last night but decided to switch instances as we wiped a few times due to the application of the Bile-o-Tron's buff bug. THAT was a new mechanic to heal, only having to keep people above 10k health, even including the tank, except for double attack.

Overall I'm liking these longer fights, gives us more chances to actually plan our cooldowns.

I healed all 5 beta fights so far. Overall fun, although there might be some tricky issues with the way we still basically just use HoT's/instants and Blizzard not liking that. I put some brief comments here for now:

http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/hamlet/498-cataclysm_beta_raid_testing_10_17_10_18.html

Video of the dragons fight:

Most of the beta fights (outside of Halfucus' drakes on 25 man) don't seem to include the proper tank damage yet. I suspect if that gets thrown in we'll start to using direct heals a tad more.

We downed the 3 up yesterday (I wasn't on for the first 2 a couple days ago) , I was tank healing and found myself helping on raid more then the tanks. The tank damage definitely didn't seem like it's where it should be. Tranquility is pretty OP, used it on Chimaeron once just to see and did 350k healing.

Would be nice if they get the lb refresh bug fixed soon. I rarely used nourish but did use HT more then I do on live. I'm pretty happy with tank healing right now, with how easy it was last night I think once they up the tank damage I'll have more to do, but will still be fine. BWD is such an awesome instance.

I'll run logs next raid testing we get to do, forgot to turn em on last night. ToL wrath spam was fun, kinda cool to see a fight we get to do something a little different. I heard BoP was removing the healing debuff when used though, probably a bug?

I'll run logs next raid testing we get to do, forgot to turn em on last night. ToL wrath spam was fun, kinda cool to see a fight we get to do something a little different. I heard BoP was removing the healing debuff when used though, probably a bug?

It did remove the debuff but only for the duration of the bop. Same with divine shield.

how do you use lifebloom when in tree of life form. are you casting it one stack on lowest members or do you apply 3 stacks and then move to the next raid member?

also how much does your Rejuvenation tick for in a raid situation?

The optimal way in most cases to use tol, will be to slow stack and roll as many LB's as you can. If you fast stack it you aren't getting nearly as many ooc procs.

It does depend exactly why you are popping it, I've popped it for more throughput on tranquility when I didn't think I'd need either that fight, I've used it for very mobile healing.

But I think the most common use in Cata will be to cover large amounts of raid damage, the cheapest way you can. So you'll want to slow stack LB on as many people as possible, and use omen procs for insta regrowths on the lowest people

The OoC spam requires Malfurion's Gift though, which is hard to take now and will be even harder to take at 85.

You can now use lifebloom in macros, and empowered touch now refreshes lifebloom correctly. Yay for fixes!

The OoC spam requires Malfurion's Gift though, which is hard to take now and will be even harder to take at 85.

Hm? Why's that? If we take a spec like this:

WoW Talent Calculator - Sigrie

Then you have plenty of points for Malfurion's Gift. I am not convinced we will be doing the level of raid spamming that we do at 80, therefore making Swift Rejuv and GotEM relatively useless until we can pull more points out of mana regen talents. Additionally, there is plenty of room to move around and still maintain Malfurion's Gift, like this or this. Blizzard could end up removing Fury of Stormrage as a prerequisite anyway, and we would probably have even more wiggle room.

Well, I was expecting that a lot of those are points we'll be unlikely to drop in lieu of MG (in particular, GOTEM, Moonglow, Genesis).

GOTEM is a 10% healing boost to Rejuv for 3 points. It's hard to give up based on that alone, and especially when you further consider that the instant heal is proportionally far better than HoT healing. Genesis is 6% to Rejuv/LB/WG/SM/Efflo, which are all likely to be significant components of healing (indeed, the way I and others are playing on 85 beta right now, it's basically everything). Moonglow is far better than MG for regen in every situation except the specific one you're describing.

We should math out just how much MG is really likely to save you during a ToL. But I find it hard to imagine taking over talents which provide useful bonuses that are always active.

My point was that it is not hard at all to take Malfurion's Gift and still have a perfectly viable raiding spec.

This is the Beta forum, I assumed he was speaking for Beta. We have already done a lot of discussion on the topic, though most of it was when mg was a 6% bonus. It's all on what's the wotlk 4.0 thread now.

Well, I was expecting that a lot of those are points we'll be unlikely to drop in lieu of MG (in particular, GOTEM, Moonglow, Genesis).

GOTEM is a 10% healing boost to Rejuv for 3 points. It's hard to give up based on that alone, and especially when you further consider that the instant heal is proportionally far better than HoT healing. Genesis is 6% to Rejuv/LB/WG/SM/Efflo, which are all likely to be significant components of healing (indeed, the way I and others are playing on 85 beta right now, it's basically everything). Moonglow is far better than MG for regen in every situation except the specific one you're describing.

We should math out just how much MG is really likely to save you during a ToL. But I find it hard to imagine taking over talents which provide useful bonuses that are always active.

If you can use 80% or more of the MG procs for healing touch or Regrowth, it saves a lot more then 4% mana. And then factor in all the mana you can save while in tol, and it nearly doubles the effect. If you are using tol and your ooc procs well, there is no way the 6% from moonglow will save near the same amount of mana. And you can't take all 3 points in moonglow without dropping a point in furor, which isn't likely to ever be a good tradeoff. There are equations and pages upon pages already on the wotlk 4.0 thread.

This is what I've been using.

WoW Talent Calculator - Sigrie.

There are 2 situations I can see speccing farther into Balance then the 4% Nature's majesty. A straight up max regen spec. Which I'm considering and will probably try.

The drawback this one has, is Regrowth goes from being a great but critically expensive emergency heal, to something so bad you almost might want to unbind it. In a long mana intensive fight Regrowth is murder anyway, but being able to use it with ooc procs is nice.

And a straight up throughput spec, which we can switch to when we get a large enough mana pool and regen to not care about it as much. (If that happens in Cata)

I'm assuming in the last one they fix Swift Rejuv. I'm not taking it in the other 2, because unlike other throughput talents such as Nature's majesty, it doesn't increase hpm at all. I'm not finding myself nearly as gcd constrained, as mana constrained.