Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antiarc

ShadowCraft: Rogue spreadsheet for 4.0

986 posts in this topic

It seems to be up and running again. However, I have encountered a strange bug. When I take a point out of Improved Recuperate, it seems to suddenly think I am Subtlety spec for some reason, spamming me with "You must specify a combat cycle to match your combat spec" and asking on the Settings page if I want to use Backstab or Hemo for my CP builder.

Nice!

So i tryed to see if there are differents between shadowcraft and wow reforge for Assassination (2/3Precision):

Shadowcraft:

Crit: 996

Exp: 652

Haste: 1767

Hit:1323 (0.09% of Spell missing)

Mastery: 1678

WowReforge with this setting stats (Hit at least 1332 over cap w: 0.87; Stats EP from Assassination 3d)

Crit: 996

Exp: 652

Haste: 1767

Hit:1339

Mastery: 1662

There is a difference on Hit<->Mastery of 16units

So Shadowcraft cut low %hit thinking 0.02->0 (so, negligible I think) to maximize Mastery

instead

WowReforge go to exactly spell hit cap for a bit lower amount of mastery (16)

So I think the difference of DPS is very low, but i'm going to reforge like WowReforge, cause I have a sure 0% of spell miss.

What do you think about this?

Overall, you won't notice the difference lol.

But to be precise, which one is correct depends on the stat weights you believe are true. WoW Reforge rates Hit=2.9345 and Mastery=1.9871 while Shadowcraft rates Hit=1.75 and Mastery 1.68 . . . much closer in value . . . at least for me. Since Shadowcraft believes Hit and Mastery are much closer for Assassination, it values 16 Mastery more than 9 Spell Hit and 7 White Hit.

I don't know how WoW Reforger rates White Hit.

Personally, I follow Shadowcraft . . . YMMV.

MM, ok, but I used rates of Assa 3d hit=1.72 madstery=1.62 (so yes less than shadowcraft too.)

ok, ty for resp :)

MM, ok, but I used rates of Assa 3d hit=1.72 madstery=1.62 (so yes less than shadowcraft too.)

ok, ty for resp :)

If you plugged in those numbers, I'd assume that WoW Reforge would use 1.72 for Spell Hit . . . but what would it use for White Hit? That's likely where the issue is.

These final 16 points should be compared as:

[(9 x Spell Hit Weight) + (7 x White Hit Weight)] vs [16 x Mastery Weight]

Using your weights, 9 Spell Hit gives 0.9 advantage compared to 9 points of Mastery . . . but White Hit should be significantly lower than Mastery for Assassination . . . so it should be easy for the extra 7 White Hit to lose to 7 Mastery by a lot more than 0.9.

Which is why Shadowcraft says 16 points of Mastery and 9 under the Spell Hit Cap is better than going 7 over the Spell Hit cap.

I'm currently having a problem with the site. Plugging in name, server, location only leads to a blank page--with all the regular Shadowcraft trappings, but no items/icons/anything. I xferred servers 5 days ago, but my armory is working, etc. so I don't think that's the problem. I also deleted cookies just in case something was problematic there. I also (also) tried the site in different browsers (Opera and Firefox) but it yielded the same results.

Anyone have any ideas for what I should do? I really would like to get this working again.

I'm currently having a problem with the site. Plugging in name, server, location only leads to a blank page--with all the regular Shadowcraft trappings, but no items/icons/anything. I xferred servers 5 days ago, but my armory is working, etc. so I don't think that's the problem. I also deleted cookies just in case something was problematic there. I also (also) tried the site in different browsers (Opera and Firefox) but it yielded the same results.

Anyone have any ideas for what I should do? I really would like to get this working again.

I had this issue a while back after server transferring as well, what you need to do is click the gear and choose "Refresh from Armory." If the gear isn't available (I don't remember if it actually shows up or not when this happens), just change the URL in the address bar to "http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/servername/charactername/refresh", that should force it to refresh your profile from the armory and get it all working again.

I know you guys are working hard on getting this updated, Is anyone else still getting errors from not being able to "refresh from armoury"

cheers

Please don't take my words for granted, I can't speak for anyone else. But maybe I'll bring at least some insight into this for you.

ShadowCraft essentially consists of two parts - ShadowCraft-Engine and ShadowCraft-UI. The former is what makes the calculation and the latter is web front-end you can find at ShadowCraft - Rogue DPS Spreadsheet.

Nextormento, Pathal and maybe some others are doing some great job with getting ShadowCraft-Engine ready for Mists. This is where more tech-savvy users are already getting info about future stat weights, optimal cycles and so on. I am quite sure we'll see some PvE guides soon - and those will be most likely based on ShadowCraft-Engine results

ShadowCraft-UI, on the other hand, is maintained by Antiarc and last public message we got from him is this one. I might be mistaken, but currently it doesn't seem like there is some ongoing progress.

All I am trying to say that ShadowCraft - Rogue DPS Spreadsheet might stay in it's current broken state for quite a while. It's not some random bug that can be fixed overnight. And until Antiarc (or someone else) decides to fully rewrite the application for Mists, we are stuck with PvE guides and, if you can use it, ShadowCraft-Engine.