Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groglox

Addon resource usage?

30 posts in this topic

PerformanceFu (requires Fubar) is a handy day-to-day tool for monitoring your UI space. It's a running display of your FPS, memory usage and increasing rate.

Instead of deciding if a mod is good/bad because of the size (barring the poorly written or buggy mod), as a general rule I find it easier to figure out a threshold of UI memory usage that I am comfortable with and try to limit myself to the number of addons that fit within that threshold. There are some addons that are relatively "heavy", like ArkInventory, that I will always find space in my UI for.

Also, everyone's threshold of performance-to-usability is different... aside from personal preferences, things such as hardware and latency also impact the user experience. For example, my new machine (core duo, crossfire, blah blah) can handle many more addons than my old one.

May I ask how you measured this? I'd like to see what numbers I get over here :D

That was just with the command

/ktm test time

All the combat event parsing is done in the <regex> module, so have a look for <regex> in the <onevent> section. It's a bit messy and might require you to expand your main chatframe to read properly.

KLH Performance Monitor causes an error in one of the ace libraries for me, thus preventing bartender from working correctly.

Drove me mad in an alterac game, where I had to retreat from a level 65 paladin when capping the frostwolf towers, because my action bars didn't change correctly when dropping out of stealth after engaging him.

Had to run away, restealth and unstealth manually several times. :|

KLH Performance Monitor causes an error in one of the ace libraries for me, thus preventing bartender from working correctly.

Drove me mad in an alterac game, where I had to retreat from a level 65 paladin when capping the frostwolf towers, because my action bars didn't change correctly when dropping out of stealth after engaging him.

Had to run away, restealth and unstealth manually several times. :|

TekSupport is an alternate option to KLH Perf Monitor which is well-integrated with Ace.