Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geo

New End game content

124 posts in this topic

You will have to shell out the gold for the 300 riding skill, the same as the Druid epic mount quest will require.

I dont get why people are fazed over that point,

I'm getting annoyed because I finished EVERY single quest there is and only have 3600 gold. I'm a holy paladin, I can farm maybe 10 gold an hour. I can't compete at any hot spots because I can't tag shit at 30 yard. If I want an epic flying mount ever, I'll have to buy the gold for it.

I'm getting annoyed because I finished EVERY single quest there is and only have 3600 gold. I'm a holy paladin, I can farm maybe 10 gold an hour. I can't compete at any hot spots because I can't tag shit at 30 yard. If I want an epic flying mount ever, I'll have to buy the gold for it.

Thats another thread on it's own. One where all healing spec classes and prot warriors get to bitch about this like they have done for the past 2 years. Best advice I can give, level a dps alt and farm your gold with them.

tradeskills / instances / respeccing for a few days / alt / herbing. Plenty of options

I hope they haven't put in any easysauce way to get Consortium rep. Not until they fix the gem mailouts so the nutters among us get *some* payback from having ground to Exalted the tough way :-)

If I never kill another Zaxxis again it will be too soon.

While a Holy paladin is certainly not an optimal class/spec for farming, you're making it out to be far worse than it is. I was able to farm 20g an hour as a Holy spec at level 60, so I very much doubt you're really limited to 10.

If you were to go to Death's Door during non-peak hours, farm the demons, and sell the mark/armament drops, I'd be very surprised if you came in at less than 40g/hour.

tradeskills / instances / respeccing for a few days / alt / herbing. Plenty of options

So I should level up another class so I can farm an epic mount for my main? That's what you consider a valid option?

Herbing is a joke without an epic mount,

respeccing for a few days is also out of the question because I can't come to raids as a retri spec and those specs don't farm that well anyways. Also doesn't have the "this one's mine" button so I still couldn't compete at hotspots.

As for instances, I'm looking at 150 heroic badges. I made 300g in that process and I'm pretty fucking tired of looking at these badges, knowing that my class was completly forgotten when Badge rewards were made. When you contemplate taking caster stuff because it's a minimal upgrade over the blue healing ring you have for 25 BoJs, something is wrong.

As for Alchemy, I'd have to invest a huge amount of time to get high enough to transmute stuff. I know I Can print 20g a day (that would still mean I'd have to wait 3 months until I could buy the epic mount, assuming I wouldn't have to pay through the nose for all the herbs I can't farm cause epic flyers beat me to the spawns most of the time.

during non-peak hours

Unfortunately I am not unemployed and can chose my playtime like that.

My point is pretty much that when people said that gold isn't a problem cause quests give so much, I knew that quests aren't repeatable and that they were wrong. I ran dry on quests a long time ago and since then my income has come to a complete hold.

5k gold for the epic mount imho is the very worst design decision Blizzard made in BC, it's even worse than 30 minute respawn trash.

I made alot of money in instances.. normal ones.. I didn't even sell all the greens I got which could of made me a mint too. Granted back then BoEs were worth more than now but I never utilized my Mining that much early on either.

I did however make sure I had a 'money making' profession to help me there if needed, heck my old main even had tailoring that I ended up leveling so I could sell the transmutes off however this was after I got my mount :P

Being a Druid saved me 1000g or so for the 225 skill, but I never touched SMV back then so even without that freebie it would of at most taken me an extra week or two to get.

You shouldn't expect the money for an epic flying mount just from questing alone, it requires extra work however you decide to do it but I'ld not say its not that big of a challenge, you just have to adapt the ways you make the money based on your role.

PS: I started off with 1,000g~ on my account before TBC came out which went into the mount fund. If you didn't put much effort into preperations back then, then ofcourse you will be slower than those who did, heck I even knew people who made sure they had 5,000 ready and waiting before TBC came out so they could get the mount ASAP.

Anyway I digress, the mount thing is moderatly fine to me, people that want it bad enough find ways to make it happen, those that dont end up having to wait. They are something you earn, not a reward for just playing the game :)

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I enjoyed getting exalted with CC/Earthstrike (server second, server first that didn't buy gold though :\ ) I'm all for rewards that everyone isn't going to get just by sort of, being around. With CC you definitely needed to make a conscious decision you were gonna go for earthstrike. In TBC its like hey wow I'm exalted with cenarion exp, who knew? Aldor is a good example, took me maybe 6-8 hours one day of farming in Legion Hold to get exalted, bleh.

There's also a cave entrance up top, inside Skettis. I can see that being expanded pretty easily.

Its already filled, it goes back a ways and there's a big elite named cat. I'm sure its part of the quests they're doing already.

Unfortunately I am not unemployed and can chose my playtime like that.

Fine then, you'll make 5g less per hour. Or you'll have to grind one of the forge camps in Netherstorm, or the one in SMV. My point is that the options are there, and it's not as though an epic flying mount is required at any stage of the game.

You dont need an epic flying mount to pick up mana thistle, which sells for stupid high prices. Farm ancient lichen in normal slave pens (mobs are just 62-64, you dont need stealth, just walk by until that 2 defender pull, then turn around and reset the instance).

If you have fishing, fish motes of water. I see you have mining as well... go mine and sell the ore, prices are pretty high for ore atm still... Sure you wont be as fast as if you had a swift mount... thats the entire point of farming for one tho.

I recommend teaming up with a DPS class/tank and 2 manning instances. Or just grind together. I'm an Enhancement Shaman, and I definitely prefer grinding with a healer by my side.

If you want teh monies, drop everything you're doing, and go herbing. Live in Terrokar. Next patch when Greater Elixers of AGI are going to be the only pots ever used by 60% of the classes, Terocone prices are going to go apeshit.

Already a stack of tero goes for 28g on my server. Factor in the 2 stacks of felweed (24) and Dreaming Glory (10), thats over 50g for just picking flowers.

All they have to do to limit availability of the netherdrake mount is to put heroic quests in the line that require the likes of shattered halls.

This caught my eye.... Yes, yes, yesyesyesyes, anything that requires above-average skill and coordination for an exclusive reward is sellable and would help alleviate raiding costs... something that's been sorely missing in TBC.

(Or maybe the metagame as it is now isn't mature enough to sell Karazhan spots/loot/etc yet... *shrug*)

Herbalism is an absolute money maker at the moment, I was making 300g/day just from 2 hours of herbing a day. Farming for aldor/scryer tokens or motes of fire in Shadowmoon Valley. Pretty much everyone needs tons of primal fires. You can also just run solo old instances like BRD/strat/scholo (in any spec) and collect cash, a bit more if you are an enchanter but even if you are not the blues sell for decent gold.

Sorry, but it is sooo easy to make money in TBC its crazy. I started TBC with 2000g, when I quit recently I had my epic mount and over 11k gold. Granted I'm a herb/enchanter and my alt is a skinner/miner, but even still, its really not that hard. An alt really helps as well, especially if you level them right (don't do any quests past 64 until your 70, you'll easily make 4k gold doing 200+ quests at 70).

I recommend teaming up with a DPS class/tank and 2 manning instances. Or just grind together. I'm an Enhancement Shaman, and I definitely prefer grinding with a healer by my side.

2-manning old-world instances to feed the Large Brilliant Shard market hay.

Edit: Beaten above. D:

Grinding is not the only way to earn gold. I've been prot spec since a bit after I hit 70, I had around 3k gold, and ever since I respecced I never got +-100g of that, but then I started mining, prospecting the ore, selling the blues. Earnt tons from it. Then I'm also fortunate to have some epic blacksmithing plans that I sell at 300g/nether. And when I got epic flying mount (borrowed last 1k) I got even more money due to incredibly fast mining, one of the best investments I've done in WoW and I don't think the price should be lower either. A friend of mine has made thousands of gold just by fishing aswell, he's a rogue so it's not like he won't be able to grind, he just earn more from fishing.

As for the netherdrake questline, I hope it requires the already existing chain to start, and that it builds onto that, don't know by what but hopefully something real hard so it won't be common at all. Like heroic runs, not sure how I feel about a Timed heroic run a la stratholme though, and perhaps some cash needed aswell, aslong as that's not the deciding part.

This patch is gonna be huge, and it'll be real interesting to see how it unfolds. I for one have high hopes and pray that it'll come soon!

Farm lower content. A few weeks ago I decided to farm Scholo for the Sawbones Shirt and ended up making like 10-15g a run. I sold some of the runecloth on the AH, got a handful of blue BOEs that sold well for alts and a purple. The rest, I either DE'd or vendored.

I would think one of the Strats would be heaven (pun slightly intended) for a pally.

So I should level up another class so I can farm an epic mount for my main? That's what you consider a valid option?

Herbing is a joke without an epic mount ...

You are not considering all your options.

And while you are at it, forget not some old world options.

Running scholo 5 times an hour (easily soloable as a DEF tank) and killing Razorgore and Lich only easily nets me 30-50 Gold an hour (depends how many of the drops are weapons).

And this is without being an enchanter. Just selling the blue BoPs to the NPC.

Without competition. There are no "off hours" in scholomance ^^

This has the further benefit of being NOT dependable on fluctuating AH prices.

And on top of that: the recipe for flask of supreme power can drop. (which it did 3 times the last 2 days for me)

And I'm sure there are even better (yet to be discovered) old world money making opportunities. Even for raid specced classes.

If you are doing only 10G/hour you are doing something very wrong.

Also doesn't have the "this one's mine" button so I still couldn't compete at hotspots.

I'm pretty sure that Holy Paladins generally pick up Holy Shock, which is a ranged instant for grabbing a mob.

Farm lower content. A few weeks ago I decided to farm Scholo for the Sawbones Shirt and ended up making like 10-15g a run. I sold some of the runecloth on the AH, got a handful of blue BOEs that sold well for alts and a purple. The rest, I either DE'd or vendored.

I would think one of the Strats would be heaven (pun slightly intended) for a pally.

Righteous Orbs still sell very well, too.

I'm pretty sure that Holy Paladins generally pick up Holy Shock, which is a ranged instant for grabbing a mob.

It's a 20-yard range, which makes it somewhat limited as a tagging ability. Exorcism is 30, which is one of the reasons I recommended farming demons.

Righteous Orbs still sell very well, too.

Shhh, don't let everyone know. These and primal waters have been my bread and butter thus far. Sadly now that Skettis is going to be a quest hub the competition will be absurd. At least I got my epic flyer already. =]

I really don't want to nitpick every argument made here, but holy shock is 20 yards. I lose most of the time to 35y ice lances or 36y immolates.

Let's not talk about hunters :D