Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redcape

Redcape's Ret DPS Spreadsheet 5.21 - 4.3 ready (Updated 01/31/12)

61 posts in this topic

New version 5.17 now up.

This includes a few minor bugfixes that do not affect combat choices in current gear and the new

TV - DP

Inq - DP

choices in the priority list. This allows the user to set up different priorities for TV and Inq based on HP status and DP status independently. The newest best rotation seems to be:

Inq

CS (0-2 HP)

TV (DP)

Exo

HoW

TV (3 HP)

Judgement

HW

Consecration

clcinfo supports this rotation already so it should be easy to implement for those using that addon. The new ability to specify Inq as either HP or DP does not matter as placing both first in rotation is optimal. This may change with new mechanics.

First time poster, so bear with me. :)

I noticed some minor issues with your spreadsheet.

1) The +50 crit back enchant is counting as +100 crit, since it is repeated twice in the excel "code" for back enchant selection.

2) +10 Mast gem bonus isn't implemented. The drop-down meny offers only +"4 Mast", while the code that's summing up mastery is only checking if .IF(B20:Q20; "10 Mast")*10, thus will any +10 Mast gem bonuses be ignored.

And as a request, would it be possible to implement DMC:H as a trinket option, or is it possible to approximate it as a STR bonus?

Good points. I have posted a new version, 5.18, where both the back enchant and the mastery socket bonus are fixed. I also added in DMC:H support for good measure, although since we don't have a working model of it yet (to the best of my knowledge, anyhow) I just built a kludge that models it correctly for current gear levels. Should be fine for current content and DMC:H isn't relevant for the next tier of content anyhow.

I have recently discovered wowreforge.com, a tool that allows for very efficient reforging for the respective caps, and then further stack the stat with the highest stat weight. I very much appreciate the fact that it fetches everyting from armory, as it can be quite tedious to update manually the spreadsheet every time i acquire new gear and change my reforgings, and this makes it very user-friendly.

The only issue that has bothered me to some extent, is the fact that the stat weights are static. You can of course change them manually, but part of the deal with retribution is that the stat weights change with your gear. The tool uses the same stat weights no matter what/how your gear is.

Do you think it would be possible to implement some of your dps spreadsheet functionality into the tool present there, or perhaps the most important aspect, namely the calculation of specific stat weights? Another possibility could be to implement it online, like the case is for hunters. I do not know much about how much work this might prove to be, but I might have a site able to host it.

Recalculating stat weights dynamically as your change your reforgings/gemmings would be colossally time intensive. It is certainly possible for me to create a reforger that checks new stat weights after each change but to get decent numbers you would have to leave excel running for a month? year? lifetime? to work it all out. There is no way with current computing power to work out new stat weights with new rotations derived from new stats on gear to optimize reforging in a rational time period. The search space is just too large.

I have, at times, been asked to incorporate an armory grabber into my sheet and I may tackle that someday but not right at the moment.

I'm sorry, I worded it badly.

What I had in mind was to do one round of calculations, based on your current setup, and then provide stat weights based on that.

I know this wont be perfect, but at least it will give some directions of what your best secondary stats would be from that point.

Anyway, great job on the spreadsheet! It has really helped my DPS since I started using it.

What I had in mind was to do one round of calculations, based on your current setup, and then provide stat weights based on that.

I know this wont be perfect, but at least it will give some directions of what your best secondary stats would be from that point.

I think what you're looking for is already within the spreadsheet. If you look on the 'Main' sheet there is a heading Stat weightings for SoT. The stat table underneath this is your current stat weights for the gear used in the spreadsheet. Perhaps not perfect but Redcapes stat weights are usually one of the most accurate I've found.

A new version is up, 5.20. It is current with the mechanics changes coming in 4.2 including new tier set bonuses.

I have retired from WOW so I will no longer be keeping current with upcoming changes in the game. I am happy to continue to support mechanics changes and new set bonuses as those take minimal time investment but there will no longer be substantial upgrades or rewrites to the sheet. I will no longer be checking this thread or forum so please PM me with any new mechanics that need to be added in.

Good luck in all your adventures in Azeroth. May you find many shiny piles of loot and may your numbers always get bigger.

A new version is up, 5.20. It is current with the mechanics changes coming in 4.2 including new tier set bonuses.

I have retired from WOW so I will no longer be keeping current with upcoming changes in the game. I am happy to continue to support mechanics changes and new set bonuses as those take minimal time investment but there will no longer be substantial upgrades or rewrites to the sheet. I will no longer be checking this thread or forum so please PM me with any new mechanics that need to be added in.

Good luck in all your adventures in Azeroth. May you find many shiny piles of loot and may your numbers always get bigger.

Really sad to see you leaving.Good luck with real life mate.

I got a PM asking for a 4.3 compatible version of the sheet so I put it up - both mechanics changes and set bonuses are altered. Info is in the main post as usual. Please update rotation and gear before drawing conclusions. Better late than never?