Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dendory

2.1: Graveyards, Flight Paths and Trinkets!

83 posts in this topic

I still don't understand why they chose to reduce glancing blows instead of PvE Armor levels. Would've bumped up all melee just like Glancing Blows, but also Hunters, which Blizz clearly also realized needed some kind of buff.

# "Hunter's Mark": This ability now becomes stronger each time the target is struck by a ranged attack.

And taken from thottbot test data:

Places the Hunter's Mark on the target, increasing the ranged attack power of all attackers against that target by 110 and by an additional 11 each time they are struck by a ranged attack, up to a maximum of 440. In addition, the target of this ability can always be seen by the hunter whether it stealths or turns invisible. The target also appears on the mini-map. Lasts for 2 min.

I know, that's what I talking about. Instead of applying one fix to Melee for glancing, and then another to Hunters, why not go the simpler route, Armor, which would affect Hunters as well?

I know, that's what I talking about. Instead of applying one fix to Melee for glancing, and then another to Hunters, why not go the simpler route, Armor, which would affect Hunters as well?

Because hunters needed an extra little...boost you could say. Bring us more into line with warlocks and mages.

It's probably a coding thing.

For Example:

If you could A) Modify some constant in the combat code changing the glancing percentage to a lower number.

or B) Change the armor value for every boss currently in the game.

Which would you do?

Not to mention some bosses are low armor already, and their armor actually reaches zero (or terribly close) with standard raid debuffs, but attacks still glance against them.

And the glancing change rebalances rogues against fury warriors, since rogues get more of their damage from white damage (i.e. subject to glances)

And Fury Warriors get more Rage for more white damage.

Lets not make statements that may or may not be true until they're actually tested.

# "Hunter's Mark": This ability now becomes stronger each time the target is struck by a ranged attack.

And taken from thottbot test data:

Places the Hunter's Mark on the target, increasing the ranged attack power of all attackers against that target by 110 and by an additional 11 each time they are struck by a ranged attack, up to a maximum of 440. In addition, the target of this ability can always be seen by the hunter whether it stealths or turns invisible. The target also appears on the mini-map. Lasts for 2 min.

Any confirmation on whether or not imp hunter's mark effects the full 440 AP or just the initial 110 AP?

Any confirmation on whether or not imp hunter's mark effects the full 440 AP or just the initial 110 AP?

This is from thottbot test data:

Causes 100% of your Hunter's Mark ability's base attack power to apply to melee attack power as well.

So that looks like a no.