Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aldriana

Rogue Simple Questions Thread: Cataclysm Edition

1163 posts in this topic

^ getting a bit off topic now for the rogue forums, but are you burning the final 2 drakes quickly, then cleaning up the melee adds while ranged are on Goriona?

Back on topic, just to clarify the main part of my question: is the 'resist' part of Cloak bugged for Twilight Barrage?

In previous expansions the tooltip said "90% increased chance to resist", although it no longer says that, and my logs show that if the Barrage is not Immuned then the cloak in fact does not provide any additional resistance.

Resistance in this case means something different. There's partial-to-full resistance which comes from having the resistance stat (aura, totem, racials, innate) and is countered by spell penetration (and in previous expansions curse of elements), and there's spell hit chance which is determined by relative level and other mechanics. Cloak doesn't trigger a resist, but a miss. So many spells can be partially (or even fully) resisted but cannot be forced to miss. That's the behavior you would be seeing if barrage goes through cloak.

I was referring to heroic, so the ranged are never really on goriona; they just clean up adds and avoid fire/charge/shockwave as the boss and drake land. I think we're talking about the same thing, but I want to be clear. But yes we burn the drakes immediately after killing the sapper and push the transition as rapidly as possible. Adds will be anywhere between 40% and dead by the time blackhorn lands and is in position, and are always dead before goriona is tankable. Fire clears up not long after she lands unless people are derpish and run through it to avoid shockwaves.

OK. (Goriona lands at 80% of her health BTW, so ranged can speed that up and help out the ship cannons)

Nobody has posted in the assassination thread in quite some time. Click on your name. Click on edit options. Look for "Default Thread Age Cut Off" and change it to "show all threads". You'll be set.

Although this is not exactly what are you asking, you might want to try Leatrix Latency Fix (if you did not already) to lower your latency. It can produce pretty significant results (around 150 -> 40 for me) just by changing the way Windows are ACKing network packets. No side effects spotted over 2 years of usage.

Also, WoW build-in "latency tolerance" can work quite well if you set it up correctly. It's pretty simple - if you enqueue your abilities in advance, they fire at the very moment GCD gets ready. You can't possibly get better than. The only downside is when the threshold is set too high and you start queueing wrong abilities before you even want to.

Had a few questions for any combat rogues:

1. With the SS glyph, I've been running into a handful of situations where it'll proc when I have 3CP and give me 5 straight off. Is it worth using RvS before my next Evis/Rupture and thereby lose a CP in exchange for the damage benefit? Or are there separate situations depending on the finisher?

2. If I have 3-4CP and SnD scheduled to fall off within the next 5 seconds, is it worth refreshing then or better to get off a finisher and then refresh SnD?

Thanks in advance

I've been gone from WoW for some time now. So, I was wondering what the best PVP race (for racial bonus) was for Horde Rogues now. Is it blood-elf, orc, or undead?

As I ve stAted before, I am having trouble cloaking parasite before it is cast( tanks don't get it you bop players with out immunities, ice block and parasite does not spawn) it was working but now my cloak shadows isn't. Don't pm if you know nothing about this strat. Don't pm if you have useless info all I ve seem to receive. Don't pm on how to do the hw dw strat look it up.