Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamlet

[Resto] Cataclysm 4.3 (Dragon Soul)

145 posts in this topic

That's because you are probably seeing Deep Corruption incorrectly (there are two debuffs, one that doesn't stack, etc). If you use Grid you need Grid Status Raid debuff to see it properly.

Also it seems like a bug but Firebloom causes a stack. If your guild brings a resto druid to the encounter they'll have to avoid using their T12 4pc. I don't believe trinket heals cause stacks from what we saw during the encounter.

That's because you are probably seeing Deep Corruption incorrectly (there are two debuffs, one that doesn't stack, etc). If you use Grid you need Grid Status Raid debuff to see it properly.

Also it seems like a bug but Firebloom causes a stack. If your guild brings a resto druid to the encounter they'll have to avoid using their T12 4pc. I don't believe trinket heals cause stacks from what we saw during the encounter.

I was told that Efflorescence triggers stacks on affected persons, thus totally ruining possibility of using Swiftmend. Now I know it does not, but if Firebloom triggers that, I will have to avoid using it anyway till they fix it. And same with proc trinkets mentioned earlier, I really don't see a point in uncontrollable stuff triggering it.

A trick to have Lifebloom up that we'll be testing tonight is to put it on a Hunter or Warlock pet. I don't believe those gain the Deep Corruption debuff, so that's a way you can continue providing Replenishment for your raid and Revitalize for yourself.

I'm expecting positive reply from you, getting some mana back before Mana void is killed seems pretty crucial to me, from what I've seen yesterday.

Summary for Yor'sahj Purple Alive:

• Tranquility = Instant Wipe
  • Swiftmend = 1 Stack
  • Extra Swiftmend Proc from 4p T12 = 1 Stack
  • Rejuv = 1 Stack
  • Lifebloom = 1 Stack
  • HT/Regrowth/Nourish = 1 Stack
  • Trinket Healing Procs = 1 Stack
  • Efflo = 0 Stacks

TBD: Maw of the Dragonlord. Haven't found any public logs with anyone who has this.

Although I didn't explicitly test it, Lifebloom bloom was also giving one stack of deep corruption as far as I could tell.

Although I didn't explicitly test it, Lifebloom bloom was also giving one stack of deep corruption as far as I could tell.

I didn't notice that on the few times I used LB on a player. As far as I could tell, it was just 1 stack. Can we get confirmation from someone else that LB procs 2 stacks in total (once on the cast, once on the bloom)?

Just so we don't confuse other players reading this: generally for a purple phase, despite this talk about LB, a resto druid should be blanketing Rejuv as your pre-purple approach and only LBing a pet after that blanket is out.

Untalent Gift of the Eaerthmother and spam Rejuv on purple phases, if you want to be even remotely useful on this encounter. Also, Nature's Ward Rejuv proc doesn't create a stack of Deep Corruption so you might as well talent that.

Untalent Gift of the Eaerthmother and spam Rejuv on purple phases, if you want to be even remotely useful on this encounter. Also, Nature's Ward Rejuv proc doesn't create a stack of Deep Corruption so you might as well talent that.

Why would GOTEM matter, it's one stack regardless, right?

We tested Moonkins casting rejuv (and refreshing before it fell) on people with Deep Corruption on trash and it still put a stack. So as far as I can understand there's no reason to spec out of GotEM.

I spent a whole night healing my group with rejuv giving zero stacks. Test on bosses, not on trash.

I spent a whole night healing my group with rejuv giving zero stacks. Test on bosses, not on trash.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, a side question: why would you spec nature's ward if rejuvenation was already not causing a stack?

Because there's nothing else to spec into and it's additional healing for no mana.

I was moonkin on the kill so it hardly matters. Resto druids are the worst healing class for Yorsahj and you shouldn't bring any.

Because there's nothing else to spec into and it's additional healing for no mana.

I was moonkin on the kill so it hardly matters. Resto druids are the worst healing class for Yorsahj and you shouldn't bring any.

I just saw your spec, makes sense.

We don't really have the option to ditch druids. Can you elaborate a bit on why were are sucking on that fight in particular? Seemed like finding out about the gotem thing would bump us up a bit for purple.

We tested Moonkins casting rejuv (and refreshing before it fell) on people with Deep Corruption on trash and it still put a stack. So as far as I can understand there's no reason to spec out of GotEM.

Backing Kluian's findings: as a Moonkin, my Rejuvs were giving 1 stack per application. This result is from the boss too - not the trash.

Now I'm just flat out curious about how to replicate the bug Torty experienced...

I just saw your spec, makes sense.

We don't really have the option to ditch druids. Can you elaborate a bit on why were are sucking on that fight in particular? Seemed like finding out about the gotem thing would bump us up a bit for purple.

Because we don't have raid cooldown for any of the purple phases, we don't have tank cooldown and aoe healing can be done by holy paladins so that's not a problem. Using my guild's tactic, we had 4 purple phases out of 6 possible combos and there are 7 ooze phases on the encounter. I think we've got 5 purple phases on the kill. One class being almost useless on 5 phases out of 7 - you can do the math.

Backing Kluian's findings: as a Moonkin, my Rejuvs were giving 1 stack per application. This result is from the boss too - not the trash.

Now I'm just flat out curious about how to replicate the bug Torty experienced...

3 resto druids, 26 wipes. That was the whole tactic on purple phase we were working around.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

You can dig the log if you want.

P.S. Stop testing stuff on trash, in dps spec, without clear rules like 'only you healing the group'. It's not testing, it's what makes testing bad.

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but on the log you linked (3 druids healing. I assume this was the rejuv strat?), you blew up quite a bit with Deep Corruption:

World of Logs - Deep Corruption (Damage Done = Friendly Fire)

If you look at your kill logs (no druid healers), there was only one explo:

World of Logs - Deep Corruption (Damage Done = Friendly Fire)

Check each individual explosion before you jump into conclusion. I couldn't find any Rejuv application that caused explosion. There are some strange explosions that didn't have either a heal landing or buff applying 2 seconds before the explosions from any of the healers, but no 'X gains Rejuvenation from Torty/Yach/Noldorimbor' and explosion following that in the first 20 wipes at least.

Wipe #6 World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

[21:21:46.563] Soraya Tranquility Kym +9045

[21:21:46.631] Kym Deep Corruption Kagemoth 50256 (A: 8431, R: 18340)

Wipe #15 World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

[22:46:02.775] Y�*ch Tranquility Zenevieva +12809

[22:46:04.486] Y�*ch Tranquility Zenevieva +12808

[22:46:06.305] Zenevieva Deep Corruption Roguishh 24915 (O: 2983, R: 37198)

The only one that I found looking suspicious:

Wipe #19 World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

[23:18:15.310] Kagemoth Prayer of Healing Sludgiez +8911

[23:18:16.948] Kagemoth Prayer of Healing Sludgiez +8739

[23:18:18.936] Kagemoth Prayer of Healing Sludgiez +8742

[23:18:20.165] YÃ*ch Wild Growth Sludgiez +1925

[23:18:20.517] Sludgiez gains Divine Aegis from Kagemoth (Remaining: 11698) (This one I'm pretty lost. There's no heal, but only a Divine Aegis application.)

[23:18:27.799] Sludgiez gains Rejuvenation from Torty

[23:18:29.294] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping's Deep Corruption fades from Sludgiez

[23:18:29.796] Torty Rejuvenation Sludgiez +5334

So we can see Rejuv application roughly 1.5 second BEFORE explosion and a hot tick 0.5 seconds AFTER the explosion. I can't explain that as I can't explain some other explosion that happened with no apparent heal/absorb landing 2 seconds before the explosion (see wipe #15).

It might be that a first rejuv tick applies a buff if you don't have GotEM talented, and that might be the reason why neither of us 3 noticed Deep Corruption getting a stack from Rejuv. If anyone has Yorsahj not killed yet and feels like testing, please do that. I will try to fraps next week if I get a chance to heal, but that's obviously Wednesday-Thursday at best.

Essence of Dreams (the green buff on Ultraxion) isn't benefiting from something from our healing and I cannot work out what. From my own and other logs I'm browsing on WoL we tend to get around 44%~ of our total healing done while having the green buff up while Shamans and Holy Priests get 52%~.

Example logs where the time frame is only after having the green buff, and being dated after the most recent change to the green buff:

2x Shaman - 53%

Holy Priest 50% & Disc Priest - 40%

Paladin 41% & Druid - 44%

It doesn't seem to be a matter of overhealing as we seem to have among the lowest % overhealing done by Essence of Life while other classes get around double that. I'm somewhat puzzled how we are aligned better with Holy Paladins and Disc Priests(!) in regards to this buff instead of Holy Priests and Shamans.

Essence of Dreams (the green buff on Ultraxion) isn't benefiting from something from our healing and I cannot work out what. From my own and other logs I'm browsing on WoL we tend to get around 44%~ of our total healing done while having the green buff up while Shamans and Holy Priests get 52%~.

Example logs where the time frame is only after having the green buff, and being dated after the most recent change to the green buff:

2x Shaman - 53%

Holy Priest 50% & Disc Priest - 40%

Paladin 41% & Druid - 44%

It doesn't seem to be a matter of overhealing as we seem to have among the lowest % overhealing done by Essence of Life while other classes get around double that. I'm somewhat puzzled how we are aligned better with Holy Paladins and Disc Priests(!) in regards to this buff instead of Holy Priests and Shamans.

If the December 2 hotfix is still intact, it'd easily explain your findings:

The minimum heal required to activate Essence of Dreams is now 1500, up from 500.

Thus it no longer triggers from most Wild Growth ticks + low stacked Lifeblooms.

If the December 2 hotfix is still intact, it'd easily explain your findings:

Thus it no longer triggers from most Wild Growth ticks + low stacked Lifeblooms.

It's invalid because Healing Rain should never trigger Essence of Dreams if that hotfix was still live and I made our Shaman test it tonight to confirm. All other logs of Shamans since the '06 hotfix have a mirrored healing value which includes Healing Rain.

It works as stated simply:

This buff will now activate once per second for each healer who has the buff, and the healing done by the effect will equal the amount of health healed by the healer within that one second window.

For what it is worth Healing Rain ticks about 600-800~ on a 25 man stack, Earthliving and Riptide are over the threshold. Holy Priest Mastery ticks are below 1000, their Sanctuary and glyphed PoH are fine. Lifebloom, Tranq & Rejuvenation are always over the cap and over half of Wild Growth (for a well geared Druid of ilvl 390 and above lets say) ticks are above the threshold.

The key issue here is that if Wild Growth was the main cause of the disparity for us, then Shamans would have an incredibly obvious dent in their Essence healing from Healing Rain being absent completely.

Let's analyse the logs you posted earlier some further:

[TABLE]Name | Class | Raw Healing | Raw Essence | Percentage

Mizquink | RShaman | 10 483 363 | 5 123 471 | 48.87%

Belgwrath | RShaman | 6 800 850 | 3 386 915 | 49.80%

Sereph | HPriest | 9 406 655 | 4 510 547 | 47.95%

Frankwhite | DPriest | 8 793 325 | 3 251 115 | 36.97%

Arving | HPaladin | 12 169 491 | 4 571 045 | 37.56%

Cascata | RDruid | 6 160 021 | 2 577 455 | 41.84%[/TABLE]

That makes sense for everybody but the Druid (HPaladins and DPriests both got shields that probably don't count), maybe Efflorescence works like a pet here and doesn't proc the heal?

There's also a bug where Wild Growth won't be applied to full HP targets.

And I thought I was blind on warlord, thanks for confirming :p.

Let's analyse the logs you posted earlier some further:

/snip/

maybe Efflorescence works like a pet here and doesn't proc the heal?

Efflorescence is not being included on Essence of Dreams nor is Gift of the Earthmother. I also had a further disparity but I believe that was the heal proc from Windward Heart - I would assume Maw of the Dragonlord will have a similar issue but am unable to test that for now.

Regarding Deep Corruption, I haven't tried untalenting GotEM but even so, I think resto druids aren't so bad on Yor'sahj. During purple, I swiftmend a pet so Efflo does some nice healing without giving any stacks at all (without 4pc t12). Then RJ + HT should keep people up without giving any more than 2-3 stacks before the debuff refreshes, clearing the stacks. I find it's very easy to control stacks this way.

Sorry it took a while to get back, but putting Lifebloom on a pet does in fact work during phases with the Purple add up.