Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamlet

[Resto] Cataclysm 4.3 (Dragon Soul)

145 posts in this topic

Wow, just noticed something while going through heroic madness of deathwing logs that didnt make sense. My Firebloom (t12 4piece) was out-healing my swiftmend. I remember this never being possible so i tried something in LFR. Looks like our tier 12 is about to completely outpace our t13:

firebloomfixed.png

Why wouldn't it be possible? swiftmend heals for 20k, you get a 20% increase to your firebloom from green buff, firebloom heals for 24k. Now firebloom outheals swiftmend.

Why wouldn't it be possible? swiftmend heals for 20k, you get a 20% increase to your firebloom from green buff, firebloom heals for 24k. Now firebloom outheals swiftmend.

I don't really know if that's how Ysera's buff works on Madness of Deathwing. Might very well be true, but the point Aphrael was getting at, and that's evident from her screenshot, is that Firebloom is no longer equal to the non-overheal value of Swiftmend. Otherwise, healing done by Swiftmend would never be 0 while Firebloom is 20.5k. The combat log shows the same thing. Firebloom is now equal to Swiftmend irrespective of whether it's a partial or complete overheal.

It's quite invaluable on fights like Madness where Corruptions are hitting 5 people at a time in 25 man and 2 in 10. It's basically one free SM during Blistering Tentacles or when the Elementium Blast hits (although at times of heavy damage like that, it's function barely changes).

Wish they'd changed it a while back, though. Not after so many are done with progression.

Hi everyone, today my guild started working on spine 10 heroic. We've started with 3 healers but had some dps problems, now we are trying with 2 healers, my question is if someone here did it with 2 healers. I've tried search some vids but all guilds are doing with 3. We reach the 2nd plate with mana problems but I think it can be done, I will apreciate some help here if possible. Almost forgot we are doing Hpaly and Rdruid with me focused on dispels and pally focused on searing plasma. Sorry for bad english, didnt practice it much

One quick question. Do i need to be above the haste breakpoint or is it enough to be exactly on it ? (e.g. 2005 or 2006)

One quick question. Do i need to be above the haste breakpoint or is it enough to be exactly on it ? (e.g. 2005 or 2006)

Unless there are any errors, they're computed so you just have to be exactly on it.

Hi everyone, today my guild started working on spine 10 heroic. We've started with 3 healers but had some dps problems, now we are trying with 2 healers, my question is if someone here did it with 2 healers. I've tried search some vids but all guilds are doing with 3. We reach the 2nd plate with mana problems but I think it can be done, I will apreciate some help here if possible. Almost forgot we are doing Hpaly and Rdruid with me focused on dispels and pally focused on searing plasma. Sorry for bad english, didnt practice it much

I think it'd be better to go for 3/3 in Nature's Bounty so that you can spam Nourish - a few of the logs I've seen had higher than usual Nourish casts (Nourish spam is also used for MoD). When we downed it, we were 3 healing with Paladin and Shaman (dedicated dispeller). Shaman is particularly strong for this fight due to Spirit Link Totem (bypasses Searing Plasma) and their lower cost of dispel (talent?). I don't think my spell priority are that efficient but it wasn't particularly draining on mana but I'm not sure if it'll work for 2-heal:

- WG if there are enough people to benefit from it but don't count Searing Plasma targets unless they've lost HP

- 3xLB the most recent target if there isn't one (preferably one that isn't already being healed because you want it to bloom)

- RJ everyone that has Searing Plasma

- Use RG when Clearcasting (preferably not your LB target)

- Pick a target to Nourish spam (preferably not your LB target) - this has a pretty big impact on your HPS

- Tranquility for rolls or when Superheated Nucleus

- ToL as a mana CD - except for the last spine where you need the output

- All your other spells pretty much follow the same rules

Also, prior to the nerf, I was using ToL to help DPS the first two spine to insure that we could consistently get to the 3rd spine. After the nerf, I didn't really need to help anymore. You may need to get used to using ToL + WM to DPS for MoD if your composition isn't particularly strong on AOE/burst.

You do need something to track the Searing Plasma debuff so you don't waste mana - VuhDo does it but I use a separate addon and I believe DBM does it as well. Despite using the above, the bloom portion of LB only amounted to 2.6% of my total. For comparison:

- Instant portion of RJ was 2.1%

- Cleansing Flames was 4.8%

I still feel the past nerf to LB blooming was unnecessary even if that was not how druids played and personally I believe PVE and PVP should be separate anyways.

You may have to link some logs but I don't think you'll run into much mana problems until the 3rd spine. Did you run into mana problem when 3-healing? I was still reforged for mastery (think I had 19xx spirit) and used Jaws of Defeat + Foul Gift of the Demon Lord.

Our problem is DPS, so we got the idea of try with 2 healers, we are doing fine. We did like 10 trys on him and maybe 5 with 2 healers we have no mana problems when doing with 3 healers, but we cant take the plate within 2 amalga, in all attempts so far we did it in 2 amalga only one time and was with 2 heals, unfortunally we dont recorded logs that day, but I will get them on the next. I know it'll be hard to accomplish but we got excited when doing with 2 heals and after 3 attemps we solve mana problems on first plate and it came back only on the 4th amalga, we did very few trys so I cant say much but will try some more to see what happens, thanks for the tips

There's a Grid module called GridStatusSearingPlasma that is working wonders for me right now. I have it set up to change the color of the frame border based on the amount of absorption left on debuff. I didn't get a lot of mileage out of seeing numerical values, but I'm sure any setup is superior to just showing who has Searing Plasma and who doesn't.

Is there a point at which crit becomes more valuable then mastery?

I reforged a lot in mastery already and i wonder if it is better to put in crit at some point.

Hey there,

I was just wondering why every druid speccs „empowered touch“?

Isn't it pretty annoying when your tank takes huge amounts of damage and you have to heal him without the final heal of lifebloom + spaming regrowth?

If the tank doesn't take that much damage you can easily refresh your lifebloom by refreshing it with a new lifebloom (1200mana) instead of casting regwroth (6000mana).

Sure you have to stack it three times again if it expires, but i also dont think that you constantly cast regrwoth on the tank before lifebloom would expire.

Especially when it's more important to heal the party then the tank. So you have to stack lifebloom again anyway.

I dont get the importance of this talent, cause it ruins the opportunity to heal the tank without beeing dependent on the other healer(s).

When the tank's hp are stable, i dont have to stack lifebloom again that fast. Just spaming Reju/WG to heal the raid (or casting HT/stacking new lifeblooms/what ever if there is less/no aoe/tank damage).

I killed 5/8 heroic bosses yet. Maybe that's the reason why I dont have to cast nourish/healing touch.

Sorry for my bad English.

Lifebloom exists primarily as a buffer spell; that is, you keep a 3 stack ticking on a tank at all times to efficiently heal up the constant melee swing damage they take. Generally the "bloom" won't reliably happen after a big spike of damage except for abilities on a fixed timer like Impale, meaning you're wasting time and mana having to reapply a 3 stack. Additionally, it procs Omen of Clarity, Replenishment, and Revitalize and as such is an important source of regen.

Empowered Touch increases both the HPS and HPM of your cast-time direct heals, and the interplay between Empowered Touch's Lifebloom refreshment and Harmony is also something to consider. If you always refresh Lifebloom with a direct heal, you will have 100% Harmony uptime. Refreshing Lifebloom with Lifebloom is slightly faster than refreshing it with a direct heal, but you're not activating Harmony this way, so ultimately you'll have to spend the time casting the direct heal anyway.

Any updated information available for trinkets?

I tried to change TreeCalcs for the next patch (lv85) : here (sorry i cant upload file here)

I hope not to offend Hamlet, I loved his work, but I think he stopped maintaining the file for Tol.

Mp5 seems OK

HPS too strong??

Coeff all spell OK

mana cost all spell OK.

I kept base heal all spell of 4.3, its good? I'm not PTR...

wild mushroom unmanaged

Default talent :

- Nature_SS

- ToL

Default talent :

- Rejuvenation

- WG

If you feedback, talk simple english please :)

lolo,

Wowhead now has a level slider you can use to see how base damage changes with some spells. It isn't there for all spells, and for some it doesn't work right. However, it does seem to work for HT, Nourish and the MF DoT.

For each of those spells the MoP 85 base number is between 90% and 90.2% of the level 90 number (which means that 85 heals in MoP are much stronger than 85 heals in cata). At least the HT number seems to match what I see on the PTR.

Update : filehosting.org - download page for TreeCalcs_beta_mop_lv85_20120828_2.xls

08/28

Manage SotF/Incarnation

Manage Majors Glyphs :

• Rejuvenation
  • Blooming
  • Regrowth
  • Wild Growth
  • Innervate
  • Healing Touch
  • Lifebloom (No effect)

Fix Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (was not manage)

Fix T13 Resto Chest (Was not known T13 resto)

Fix Bracers of Flowing Serenity (Bonus sokect was missed)

08/26

Add Nature's Swiftness rotation (For HT or RG)

Add Cenarion Ward rotation

08/24

Base Healing lv85 = 90% Base Healing lv90

Add Wild Mushroomx3 rotation

08/23

Update coefficient and mana base all spell

Mana pool = 100K

Update Regen mana (Int Remove)

Remove talents useless (Nature Grace, Revitalize, etc...)

Defaut : Incarnation, Nature's Swiftness, LiveSeed, Glyph Recuperation (Nature bouty)

Not done (By Priority) :

• Manage Talents Lv 60 (FoN)
  • Verifiy values all heals (08/29)
  • Update buff raid (Add buff mastery, other?)
  • Update macro import battle.net
  • Cleaning file :
    • Old parameter (NG)
    • Remove enchant head
    • Remove Relic
    • old gear lv85
    • buff raid/proc useless
    • Modify system rotation

[*]Manage All Talents Lv 90

[*]Update file to LV 90 (Rating, mana base, etc...)

[*]Add Gear lv 90.

[*]Manager new trinket

We no longer have Nature's Grasp so you can remove it.

We no longer have Nature's Grasp so you can remove it.

Nature's Grasp is still available to all specs. I believe you mean Nature's Grace (1 min CD, 15% Haste when RG / MF / IS is cast) is unavailable to Restoration Druids.

Just as a heads up, the new armory is live, so the import coding will no longer work in that version of Treecalcs unless you update it.

Update : filehosting.org - download page for TreeCalcs_beta_mop_lv85_20120830.xls

30/08 :

Update macro import battle.net

Fix import battle.net : Gems 4.3

Not done (By Priority) :

Manage Talents Lv 60 (FoN)

Verifiy values all heals (I'm stuck at the installation 5.0, I can not check now)

Update buff raid (Add buff mastery, other?)

new : Update Import/export/Save/Load profile

Cleaning file :

Old parameter (NG)

Remove enchant head

Remove Relic

old gear lv85

buff raid/proc useless

Modify system rotation

Manage All Talents Lv 90

Update file to LV 90 (Rating, mana base, etc...)

Add Gear lv 90.

Manager new trinket