Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerrik666

Death Knight: Cataclysm Simple Q & A

179 posts in this topic

For me being so high in haste i do not spec into butchery at all on my main spec and i only go 2/3 into RPM which allows me to best handle my RP. If your having trouble building your RP during encounters then your doing somthing wrong. The lack of thought on blizz's part when thinking of a suitable 2pc T12 buff is astonishing when comparing it to the 2pc bonuses of other classes. However saying that if you do decide to run it you can remove your points in butchery and add them elsewhere however going through each rank of the trees there is no actuall talent you can spec into that will directly increase your dps if you follow the provided spec for frost dks found on this site.

This could be outdated now, but I checked your char sheet and it showed that you did have a point in butchery. While moving that point might solve your overcapping RP issues, I think that you just might be overcapping your haste as well. I'm not much lower than you on the haste rating. My char sheet commonly shows a piece traded in or out, but I raid with a 2H Frost build with about 2079 haste and a few other modifiers around. I generally have little down time, but I do have more RP since I have MotFW. Maybe losing a little bit of haste will make the tier set a bit better for you? At some point, more haste just gives your wasted RP.

In the case of ork and humans who get extra expertise with specific weapons, does one need to be expertise capped with both hands in order to ensure optimized damage for FrostDW? I'm assuming that even if OH isn't Expertise softcapped, overcapping Exp on MH just to reach the softcap for OH is probably less beneficial in stats terms.

The main reason I'm asking is that I'm not certain the sims correctly model differing Expertise.

In the case of ork and humans who get extra expertise with specific weapons, does one need to be expertise capped with both hands in order to ensure optimized damage for FrostDW? I'm assuming that even if OH isn't Expertise softcapped, overcapping Exp on MH just to reach the softcap for OH is probably less beneficial in stats terms.

The main reason I'm asking is that I'm not certain the sims correctly model differing Expertise.

Just aim for Expertise cap on your MH. OH strikes always connect, so it would only affect its white hits.