Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nodrak

[Holy]Cataclysm Holy Compendium (4.0.6)

1290 posts in this topic

As for Holy Radiance being up to 40% of our total healing done... uh. Maybe if the only spell you ever use outside of HR cooldowns is Holy Light, that could happen. In reality, HR is typically 10-15% of our healing done (at least the way I play, anyway),

If you don't mind, may I ask you what your healing "rotation" is? (from "at least the way I play, anyway", part)

In the couple fights that I've done - Magmaw, Omintron, Maloriak and Argaloth, I've found the most mana efficient way to heal is (after the Holy Light "nerf") a priority system weighing single target damage versus AoE damage and the duration of the period of damage. The spells that I'm prioritizing for heavy single target damage (main tank healing, for example) are: Beacon, Word of Glory(3), Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, and Divine Light. Multi-target goes something like: Beacon, AW+DF, Light of Dawn(3), Holy Radiance, Holy Shock and Crusader Strike.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does that style of healing seem appropriate for raiding in Cataclysm? I'm having no problem sitting at the top of my guild meters over our Shamans and Druids, but I just don't know if there's anything that I could do to improve my style (for example, using LoD(3) instead of WoG(3) for a large Beacon heal). Usually on a fight like Argaloth, LoD and HR are coming out to be about 20-30/30-40% of my healing done.

The problem with crit is that it's unreliable. If you're stacking crit over haste (with regards to gearing/reforging choices - I'm not implying that people are gemming full crit), you're hoping that RNG doesn't screw you over when you need more throughput and your heals suddenly don't crit for ten seconds. Haste is always going to be there. Even if the averaged out throughput, point-for-point was identical, haste is simply reliable.

As a DPS, reliability over a ten second interval isn't generally important (don't take this too out of context - I know about having to burn down adds quickly or something along those lines); it's how things average out that matters the most. The problem with healing is that our throughput is something that matters on very short time intervals, and that's not a situation that I feel comfortable relying on RNG for. It's why most healers hate throughput procs and love regen procs, but why at the same time controllable abilities like DF and AW are still so strong.

Edited for destroying the English language in a couple of places.

As for Holy Radiance being up to 40% of our total healing done... uh. Maybe if the only spell you ever use outside of HR cooldowns is Holy Light, that could happen. In reality, HR is typically 10-15% of our healing done (at least the way I play, anyway), and since Holy Priests are by far superior 'blanket' healers than a Paladin can ever be, I see absolutely no reason to consider this aspect of our class as important. Sure, Holy Radiance is a nice spell which provides a solid boost to our throughput - but it is not a staple spell the way PoH is for a Priest.

Holy Radiance being 40% of healing done is a bit too much, but on any fight with heavy AoE, 30% is not unrealistic. It's not about "being a blanket healer," it's the fact that at the moment, NO class has particularly powerful AoE healing abilities. Holy Radiance is quite strong, and should be used very frequently, and works very well in conjunction with Divine Favor and AW. If you're seeing 10-15%, you're likely not using it enough or your haste is fairly low.

In addition, we've shifted quickly to being the new raid healers--or at least the most efficient raid healers, mana-wise. No class at the moment has the same ability to spot heal the way we do with WoG and LoD.

On topic of Crit being random... this is kind of like claiming, "Crit is RNG so it's a bad DPS stat", or "avoidance is RNG so it's a bad tanking stat". On a large enough sample size, over a course of a boss fight, you'll get roughly the amount of Crit % your charsheet shows; and with the way raid damage / healing / health pools currently are, even Divine Light Crits rarely overheal if you target them correctly.

Crit isn't bad. No one is arguing that crit is "bad". It is, however, a "bad" choice to make OVER haste. Whether it works out on paper or not, you need to be able to judge how much you can heal at a given point in time in order to appropriately decide who to heal. I agree that crits aren't wasted, but being able to cast divine light .1 seconds faster helps me understand when to use the spell, how effective it will be, who to use it on, and what followup I need to make. Having 1% crit instead leaves me in the exact same position, but with a slower spell that will 1/100 times be more effective than I'm gauging it to be.

This isn't anecdotal, it's healing's playstyle. Crit is an awesome way to conserve mana, but as a stat, it is unreliable and can not be guaranteed when you need it most, while haste can. You compared us to DPS, but that's radically unfair. If a DPS is relying on crits to increase their DPS, they'll simply do less DPS. If a healer is relying on crits to heal a tank, they're going to run into streaks that allow the tank to dip dangerously low.

In addition, haste increases your ability to Judge, emergency heal, and even Crusader Strike by freeing up time that would otherwise be spent casting.

Bottomline, you can't just boil down every aspect of healing to numbers and claim that since X is higher HPS, it is a better stat; it's about as misleading as counting on Divine Plea being used every 2 minutes for full duration - that just doesn't happen in an actual raid.

I agree, but we need to have the foresight to control what we can.

In regards to Holy Radiance, I just used the range that I saw from the parses of bosses. Some even had shaman with 75%+ from Healing Rains + Earth-living. We need to know how HR diminishes with extra players to determine the maximum power. We also need to determine the effect range has on the returns to find the average effectiveness. Here are some numbers on a 6 target Holy Radiance, with 5500 spell-power, 1000 haste rating, and buffs, bringing it to ~27%. Crit and mastery are not factored, crit will be a linear increase to everything, baring IoL procs. I also calculated the effective% of the healing that mastery would boost.

Healing to 6 Targets

aoew.th.jpg

Single Target

31566829.th.jpg

Spirit is more valuable then Haste for single target encounters where you can upgrade from HL to DL with extra mana. Haste will still be a larger increase to HL HPS per point then spirit from using DL, but at a cost of extra mana, this is a rough estimate though. I will check the multi target balance later, when I finish adding mastery and crit into the picture, as well as some more adding to the first post soon, but I have to head out right now.

Gems

Socket bonuses appears to be fairly weak, with the best being Int, so lets compare that. They appears to be +10 per socket, +20 per meta. Basic blue Int gem is 40 int, with the hybrids being 20/20, meaning that hitting this socket bonus is trading 10 int for 20 of a stat. This rules out a crit gem already, and likely Mastery as well. Haste will be worth it for pure HPS, but spirit will only be more mana on a certain fight length. We will end up needing 2 Yellow gems for the Ember meta, which naturally leads to Int/Haste, and possibly Int/Mastery.

Meta Sockets

[Ember Shadowspirit Diamond]

[Revitalizing Shadowspirit Diamond]

Red Sockets

[brilliant Inferno Ruby]

Blue Sockets

[Purified Demonseye]

[sparkling Ocean Sapphire]

[Zen Dream Emerald]

[Timeless Demonseye]

Yellow Sockets

[Reckless Ember Topaz]

[Artful Ember Topaz]

[Potent Ember Topaz]

[Quick Amberjewel]

[Zen Dream Emerald]

[Fractured Amberjewel]

[smooth Amberjewel]

My question is, what is actually best.? Int is very nice now at the beginning I think but how much different does +40 spirit?

Or should you go hybrid and go with 20/20?

What do you guys think is the best gems for us atm.

One thing that could be added to the guide is how much spirit to aim for. This would help new Holy Paladins determine how much spirit is "enough". After which, one could reforge the excess Spirit into something more beneficial (Haste or Mastery*) in order to give a better increase in your overall healing effectiveness.

*Assuming you find the absorption shield helpful to your healing.

My question is, what is actually best.? Int is very nice now at the beginning I think but how much different does +40 spirit?

Or should you go hybrid and go with 20/20?

What do you guys think is the best gems for us atm.

Int provides larger heals, which leads to greater mana efficiency through HL spam becoming more viable. Also provides more mana regeneration through Divine Plea.

Also i cant think of any situation where getting a hybrid would outweigh the benefits of the 40 int gem, no socket bonus would be worth it from what i have seen so far.

One thing that could be added to the guide is how much spirit to aim for. This would help new Holy Paladins determine how much spirit is "enough". After which, one could reforge the excess Spirit into something more beneficial (Haste or Mastery*) in order to give a better increase in your overall healing effectiveness.

*Assuming you find the absorption shield helpful to your healing.

Personally i have never found theres a need to refoge for spirit, and deffinatly gemming isnt worth it. I use a pure haste build on my paladin, and i am yet to have problems with mana efficiency, i find leaving spirit on gear is the best option, if gear doesnt have haste on it there will be another secondary stat which you can reforge to haste, and if it does have haste then you cant reforge to haste, so its better to leave it as spirit. If armour has for example haste and crit then i reforge to spirit in that situation only, as you cant reforge to haste if its already on the gear.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a healing rotation that prioritizes Divine Light, Holy Shock and Crusader Strike have a higher throughput versus one that prioritizes spamming Holy Light and Holy Shock on cooldown (at the cost of mana efficiency)?

Healing to 6 Targets

aoew.th.jpg

Single Target

31566829.th.jpg

Does your spreadsheet calculate the 15% base mana restoration every 8 seconds from judging Seal of Insight, or an estimated amount of SoI ppm (I can't really be exact since I don't know the PPM of SoI, but I would roughly [roughly] estimate that you'd see on average about 3-4 procs per 20 seconds, turning out to be 9-12 per minute, or around 8903-11,871 mana per minute)? If it doesn't, I think this would help to "normalize" the Divine Light HPM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a healing rotation that prioritizes Divine Light, Holy Shock and Crusader Strike have a higher throughput versus one that prioritizes spamming Holy Light and Holy Shock on cooldown (at the cost of mana efficiency)?.

I still cant see how a rotation including CS could be viable. Plus a lot of the time i find it hard to stay in melee.

With the above rotation do you still stack haste?

I still cant see how a rotation including CS could be viable. Plus a lot of the time i find it hard to stay in melee.

CS is fine for stacking HP when everyone is at full health. It's a weak replacement for the old "HL the tank" tactic. When Blizzard un-nerfs LoD (I'm sure they will) it will be fairly efficient for raid healing as well.

No. I'm currently favoring Spirit to Haste, since my priority system usually keeps me at about 70-80% mana in a raid environment. I'm really feeling like Crusader Strike is one of the more underrated spells so far, since it's basically worth a ~2,500-3,000 HP 5 target AoE heal, or a ~4,500 HP single target heal. I don't have Excel on this computer, but from just jotting down some numbers, you're going to be looking at something like a 2-2-4 second cycle between your Holy Power "procs" by using CS and HS on cooldown. (for example, CS at 1s, HS at 3, CS at 5.5, HS at 9, CS at 10, etc)

Personally, my healing strategy is to optimize the healing done by Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn, which means I'm all over the place. I frequently find myself moving to the melee to heal and back to a designated ranged or healer spot. For example, on a fight like Argaloth 25, my guild splits our raid into two groups of 12/13, and we each eat a Meteor Slash every 20 or so seconds. When my group gets MS'd, I use Wings, Divine Favor, HR and a 3 HP LoD. When the other group is slashed, I run to the side of them and use a 3 HP LoD. If I was generating the Holy Power for a 3HP LoD every 20 seconds by using only Holy Shock and Divine Light/Flash of Light on my Beacon, I would have mana issues. I'm trying to stay away from using Divine Light outside of IoL procs (and during emergencies) since it's extremely slow and isn't very mana friendly. (this of course applies only to the raid fights I've done so far, and not heroic dungeons at all)

So far, from what I've seen and read, I can't find a place for Holy Light in my list. Going with 0.0% critical strike chance, it will take 5.58 seconds of casting Holy Lights for it to equal one Divine Light at 2.21 seconds (DL normal: 23,000, HL normal: 9,100), and with 100%, it takes 6.00 seconds of Holy Lights to equal one critical Divine Light at 2.21 seconds (DL critical: 36,950, HL critical: 13,600). Although it is true that chain casting both will result in Holy Light having a higher throughput over an extended period (since you'd run out of mana from Divine Light), using DL will have an extremely higher throughput (since it's healing more than 2.5x the amount of Holy Light per 2.21 seconds, and it's also generating Holy Power) until your mana pool runs out.

Some quick numbers I've found since Cata dropped. In ICC gear, my master was providing between 15-20% effective healing for a fight. On fights like Sindy, BQL, that number would get up to 25%. In full 346 gear, I've been unable to push that number above 15% effective mastery shields, and even then that was only on Halfus with a rough drake comp. The average seems to be about 10% of my effective healing is the mastery shield. And even though my mastery has stayed the same, my raw HPS has gone up around 50%-200% depending on the fight. Given these numbers, I really feel that mastery just doesn't have quite the allure it does on paper for most fights.

As for the haste v crit v spirit debate, I run at around 2200 Combat regen, rest of it is stacking int and reforging for haste, and I very rarely have mana issues (never while in melee). Each SoI hit has a chance to restore 4% base mana, and each % of haste increases melee speed by that much. When using a 2.6 Attack speed weapon, factoring in 9% haste from judging in (this does not factor in IT from dks):

At 5% haste AS is 2.27173

At 10% haste AS is 2.16847

At 15% haste AS is 2.07419

At 20% haste AS is 1.98777

At 25% haste AS is 1.90826

Factoring in IT

At 5% haste AS is 2.06521

At 10% haste AS is 1.97134

At 15% haste AS is 1.88563

At 20% haste AS is 1.80706

At 25% haste AS is 1.73478

So at 0% haste rating, with JoTP up, you will have a 2.38 swing speed, and assuming you do not cast a heal for 60 seconds, you will have 25 melee swings over the course of 1 minute.

At 25% haste rating, with JoTP up, you will have a 1.91 swing speed, assuming you do not cast a heal for 60 seconds, you will have 31 melee swings over the course of that same one minute time span.

Each of these swings has a 40?% chance of procing SoI, meaning at 0% haste you can assume you will have 10 PPM, and at 25% haste you can assume you will have 12 PPM. So that means 0% haste will restore 40% base mana, while the 25% haste will restore 48% base mana over the course of a minute.

Given these numbers, our ideal gear should be Spi/haste for regen/throughput.

Int provides larger heals, which leads to greater mana efficiency through HL spam becoming more viable. Also provides more mana regeneration through Divine Plea.

Also i cant think of any situation where getting a hybrid would outweigh the benefits of the 40 int gem, no socket bonus would be worth it from what i have seen so far.

As far as I know, the only time it's worth gemming for a socket bonus is if it's a Head slot item that has an int socket bonus.

Example: [iTEM]58108[/iTEM]

Would you rather have 40 int, or 50 int and 20 spirit?

It was shown that int gem is superior to spirit one even in terms of (effective) mana regeneration. Not to mention SP and crit gains.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t102488-way_light_holy_cataclysm/p14/#post1810299

This however contains incorrect information. The error lies here:

BaseMana = 23422 (@ 85)

INT = 4227

SPI = 2174MP5 = 0.0025 + 5 * SPI * sqrt(INT) * 0.003345 * 0.5 = 1181.99

From viewing my personal character pane this shows to be incorrect.

My Base Stats:

INT = 4420

SPI = 1986

OOC = 3379

In Combat = 2274

With stats so similar I would expect the values to come much closer together. After searching I found the thread http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-combat_ratings_level_85_cataclysm/. From the formula given it seems the baseline Combat Regen of 5% was not taken into account. Taking the BaseMana/20 results in 1171 MP5 missing.

Using the formulas

OOC = 0.0025 + 5 * SPI * sqrt(INT) * 0.003345 + 1236 = 3379MP5

In Combat = 0.0025 + 5 * SPI * sqrt(INT) * 0.003345 * .5 + 1236 = 2274MP5

Now that we have partially corrected the initial error lets run the same experiment with a few changes. Also if we were to change all of our INT gems to SPI gems it would follow that we would change our food and flask also. I did not add any static mana/5 such as judging or the usage of might as it will not change the rankings of int over spi for effective mana regeneration.

Buffs:

• Replenishment (1% mana every 10 seconds)
  • AB (+2126 maximum mana)
  • DP (glyphed, 15% maximum mana)

Stat Changes:

• 10 Gems of one stat (+400 stat rating)
  • Flask of one stat (+300 stat rating)
  • Food of one stat (+90 stat rating)

So we have the ability to change a single stat by 790.

To simplify this I created a spreadsheet to do the calculations, below is an example of how everything was calculated. I used Relaxo's original work as a base. For the changes in stats I added either 790 spirit or 870.975int (790int * 1.05 kings * 1.05 plate specialization).

BaseMana = 23422 (@ 85)

INT = 4420

SPI = 1986

MaxMana = BaseMana + 20 + 15 * (((INT + int increase * 1.05) * 1.05) - 20) + 2126 (AB) = 94,883

MP5 = 0.0025 + 5 * (SPI) * sqrt(((INT + int increase * 1.05) * 1.05) * 0.003345 * 0.5 + 1236 = 2666.147

TotalMana = MaxMana + 60 * MP5 + Mana(DivinePlea) + Mana(Replenishment)

Mana(DivinePlea) = MaxMana * 0.15 * 2 = 28,465

Mana(Replenishment) = MaxMana * 0.001 * 300 = 28,465

-> TotalMana = 313,417

Five Minute Fight, Two DP uses

[TABLE]Stat Increase | Intellect | Spirit | Fight Length |DP Usage |Total Mana |Percent Increase

Base | 4641 | 1986 | 300 | 2 | 313,417 | -

Spirit | 4641 | 2776 | 300 |2 | 340,412 | 8.6%

Intellect | 5512 | 1986 | 300 |2 | 340,417 | 8.7% [/TABLE]

Five Minute Fight, No DP uses

[TABLE]Stat Increase | Intellect | Spirit | Fight Length |DP Usage |Total Mana |Percent Increase

Base | 4641 | 1986 | 300 | 0 | 284,953 | -

Spirit | 4641 | 2776 | 300 |0 | 311,956 | 9.5%

Intellect | 5512 | 1986 | 300 |0 | 308,032 | 8.1% [/TABLE]

Ten Minute Fight, Four DP uses

Base | 4641 | 1986 | 600 | 4 | 531,952 | -

Spirit | 4641 | 2776 | 600 |4 | 585,959 | 10.2%

Intellect | 5512 | 1986 | 600 |4 | 572,997 | 7.7% [/TABLE]

Ten Minute Fight, No DP uses

Base | 4641 | 1986 | 600 | 0 | 475,022 | -

Spirit | 4641 | 2776 | 600 |0 | 529,029 | 11.3%

Intellect | 5512 | 1986 | 600 |0 | 508,118 | 6.9% [/TABLE]

Of course this is simply total mana, the next step would be to calculate throughput from the crit and spellpower the extra int provides. I believe however from a pure "which gives more mana" sense it shows that spirit wins in raids.

Buffs:

• AB (+2126 maximum mana)

I'm curious, what is AB? Also, could you assume that the paladin is judging Seal of Insight every 8 seconds (24,732 base mana, 7.5 judges per minute, 27,823 mana returned per minute [(60/8)*(0.15*24,732)])?

I'm curious, what is AB? Also, could you assume that the paladin is judging Seal of Insight every 8 seconds (24,732 base mana, 7.5 judges per minute, 27,823 mana returned per minute [(60/8)*(0.15*24,732)])?

Wondering what AB is also.

As fa as SoI mana regen goes, it is only affected by base mana (and possibly weapon speed/haste if the PPM isn't normalized) and it isn't affected by Int or Spirit, so it is likely included in the base mana calculation. And even if it isn't, it's just a matter of changing the portrayed value of gemming, the value of gemming int v. spirit would remain the same ratio.

edit: AB = Arcane Brilliance

One must also keep in mind the formula for calculating regen from spirit.

mathtex.cgi?SpiritRegen(SPI,%20INT,%20LEVEL)%20=%20(0.001+SPI%20\times%20\sqrt{INT}%20\times%20BASE\_REGEN[LEVEL]%20)\times%205

0.003345 being the base regen at 85

The more int you have, the more valuable your spirit is as a stat. This also makes it very hard to normalize stat values do to the non-linear scaling factor int has with regen. At your value of spirit/int, this may be the case, but at a much higher (or lower) value or spirit and int it may not.

Judging is rather subjective so its hard to identify how much MP5 it actually gives, it is also completely static so the only result of adding it in to the calculations is to bring the total mana up and the two percents closer together.

One must also keep in mind the formula for calculating regen from spirit.

mathtex.cgi?SpiritRegen(SPI,%20INT,%20LEVEL)%20=%20(0.001+SPI%20\times%20\sqrt{INT}%20\times%20BASE\_REGEN[LEVEL]%20)\times%205

0.003345 being the base regen at 85

The more int you have, the more valuable your spirit is as a stat. This also makes it very hard to normalize stat values do to the non-linear scaling factor int has with regen. At your value of spirit/int, this may be the case, but at a much higher (or lower) value or spirit and int it may not.

Logically since its the square root of int, spi becomes more important relative to int in a pure MP5 scenario. Increasing the values by 50% gives:

Five Minute Fight, Two DP uses

Base | 6961 | 3127 | 300 | 2 | 432,172 | -

Spirit | 6961 | 4372 | 300 |2 | 484,261 | 12.1%

Intellect | 8205 | 3127 | 300 |2 | 473,235 | 9.5% [/TABLE]

This is the worst case scenario for spirit also, just to illustrate the point that spirit actually becomes more important. It may be possible to change the ratio of int to spirit to increase mana regen- however from looking at current gear I believe it would be hard to gather enough spirit to impact the ratio to any significant degree.

AB = Arcane Brilliance the mage buff that increases max mana by 2126 and spell power by 6%.

I'm finding that on Halfus fight it doesn't feel like I have a GCD to spare to judge and so I'm going oom to quickly. I realize that a lot of that is due to my raids gear level and perception of the fight. But I see a lot of people commenting on using crusader strike and judging on cool downs. Is this in a raid setting or in a heroic? Judging, CS and Holy shock on every cool down is a lot of GCD. That is basically 30 gcd out of 40-45 depending on haste. that only leaves 10-15 WoGs or LoDs. I understand the mathematical desire to have that much holy power but it is completely at the expense of GCDs and healing output. There needs to be a more realistic measure of what is actually acceptable number of gcd's to give up in any given fight for cs and judge.

So I'm curious then how people are being utilized as raid healers or as tank healers. Are they positioning themselves generally in melee then so they can CS or auto-attack etc? for when the damage is slow?

Thanks for looking over the calculations Malorian, just one thing:

You have a baseline mana regeneration (not factoring into spirit regen) of 1171 MP5, you can get that by taking your clothes off and talenting into ret for example.

I just noticed that after I'd done my calculations.

BUT:

This and things like Might don't depend on Spirit nor Int, so the MP5 formula is still correct.

Nevertheless, the calculation can of course be elaborated some more and I'm happy to see someone thinking about it.

For the spirit vs. int comparisons, are you also including the mana return from the Divinity Glyph (10% mana)? It seems on shorter fights especially, that's a good chunk of regen.

Judging is rather subjective so its hard to identify how much MP5 it actually gives, it is also completely static so the only result of adding it in to the calculations is to bring the total mana up and the two percents closer together.

Wouldn't calculating with BoM also produce the same result (a static addition of 326 mp5)?

I'm curious as to what you guys are thinking about our tier gear so far:

Helmet: int/spirit/crit

Chest: int/spirit/mastery

Legs: int/spirit/crit

Gloves: int/spirit/mastery

Shoulders: int/spirit/crit

Personally, I think the four piece bonus is excellent (Item - Paladin T11 Holy 4P Bonus - Spell - World of Warcraft), however, I'm not to thrilled by the 5% Holy Light critical chance increase. Currently, on the same ilvl as our intro tier, there are four pieces of plate (chest, hands, helmet and legs - Armor - Items - World of Warcraft ) that are itemized as int/spirit/haste, and a set of leather shoulders (Passive Resistor Spaulders - Item - World of Warcraft). So far I've been neglecting Plate Specialization, since I haven't been able to pick up only plate gear (and we have no cloth wearers in our raids, so the cloth is up for grabs). What are the pros and the cons of ignoring the 5% intellect bonus (which I understand is huge, if you're able to obtain those pieces), and mainly itemizing for int/spirit/haste ?

Personally, I think the four piece bonus is excellent (Item - Paladin T11 Holy 4P Bonus - Spell - World of Warcraft), however, I'm not to thrilled by the 5% Holy Light critical chance increase. Currently, on the same ilvl as our intro tier, there are four pieces of plate (chest, hands, helmet and legs - Armor - Items - World of Warcraft ) that are itemized as int/spirit/haste, and a set of leather shoulders (Passive Resistor Spaulders - Item - World of Warcraft). So far I've been neglecting Plate Specialization, since I haven't been able to pick up only plate gear (and we have no cloth wearers in our raids, so the cloth is up for grabs). What are the pros and the cons of ignoring the 5% intellect bonus (which I understand is huge, if you're able to obtain those pieces), and mainly itemizing for int/spirit/haste ?

Honestly, Blizzard is going to be shoving mastery gear down our throats for the entirety of this expansion. The 4 pc is incredible though, makes HR closer to an On CD spell. I will be picking up 4 pc and reforging all the crit/mastery into haste. I find it incredible that our opening tier isn't itemized any better then this.. And 5% of 100k mana is 5k mana. It will also cost you quite a bit of throughput from the SP loss. My advice is reforge the gear for better stats. Not to mention greater mana pools enhance the usefulness of our meta, how much mana we get from replenishment, and the worth of DP. Its POSSIBLE to go for cloth/leather/mail if its a big upgrade, but you are losing a lot of int.