Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sp00n

Cataclysm Gear Sheet r14 [2011/11/29]

67 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if its possible to evaluate the 2 minute popping trinkets (namely [iTEM]Unsolvable Riddle[/iTEM]) to be popped alongside Vendetta/Cold Blood 100% of the time & Vanish/Overkill 50% of the time. Just from Raw EP values Tia's Grace and Key to the endless chamber beat it out, but I've been seeing several very high parses with UR in people without gear above my own.

Basically asking this for myself and all those are are sitting with Fluid Death and X trinket until Nef is so kind to give his machinations to us.

The only one of those three effects that's easily modelable is the stacking with Vendetta, which increases its effective uptime to ~19%, which puts it just behind (though on a par with) H:Key. I'd expect the benefit of the other two procs too be quite a bit smaller than the Vendetta benefit. So realistically its probably fair to see Riddle is competitive and perhaps even marginally superior to H:Key, but still behind Prestor's and H: Cyclone

The only one of those three effects that's easily modelable is the stacking with Vendetta, which increases its effective uptime to ~19%, which puts it just behind (though on a par with) H:Key. I'd expect the benefit of the other two procs too be quite a bit smaller than the Vendetta benefit. So realistically its probably fair to see Riddle is competitive and perhaps even marginally superior to H:Key, but still behind Prestor's and H: Cyclone

Thank you for the quick response! Now for a bit of a newbie question. I've searched through all the rogue threads, and while the overwhelming feeling is obviously that "Overkill is good, maximize its uptime," there are no explanations of its mechanic. Does it modify base energy regen only? or does it modify base + haste-enhanced energy regen?

I've done several searches for it already with no luck. The question was asked Here in the 216 page Assassination rogue thread but was ignored. I also saw Aldriana's post Here where you explain that you did the math and Precision was always x3 better than elusiveness, but that's the closest to an overkill mechanic explanation I've heard.

My reasoning is that if Overkill doesn't scale with hasted energy regen, then while its value does scale with gear upgrades, it doesn't scale as well, and doesn't scale as well with haste specifically. Every time I get another .5% haste I go and redo 10 different 6 1/2 minute parse on Heroic raid test dummies with 0/3 precision 2/2 elusiveness and the results are similar to 2/3 precision.

My Guild is starting Heroics this week and 30 seconds off Cloak alone will be a lifesaver while learning solong as I'm not sacrificing much dps, never mind if it was a wash or better yet a dps gain to be able to stack Vendetta, CB, Overkill every time.

So far as I know this has not been tested - its still listed as an open question in the Mechanics Testing thread - but based on how Vitality and AR work, I strongly suspect Overkill stacks multiplicatively with haste for purposes of determining energy regen.

Just thought I'd point out that this item is listed incorrectly as not having a meta slot when in fact it does resulting in it appearing to be worse than it is.

Following the directions on entering new gear details in the 'Gear Base Stats' sheet and inserting a '1' in the Meta row fixes this.

Yet another thank you for another very pleased user.

I have been adding a few custom items to my spreadsheet but have run into a problem.

I wanted to evaluate the PVP set on this sheet since it has such an excellent 4 piece bonus.

Do you have any tips on how I would try to enter this bonus on the spreadsheet so that the pieces can be evaluated?

I am giving Resilience an EP Value of 0 since it has no effect on PVE.

Yet another thank you for another very pleased user.

I have been adding a few custom items to my spreadsheet but have run into a problem.

I wanted to evaluate the PVP set on this sheet since it has such an excellent 4 piece bonus.

Do you have any tips on how I would try to enter this bonus on the spreadsheet so that the pieces can be evaluated?

I am giving Resilience an EP Value of 0 since it has no effect on PVE.

Only the mainhand and 2pc Viscous (Legs and Shoulders) are PvE upgrades, the latter being a very small upgrade (like 20ish EP).

This was posted somewhere around here before.

[e] this is for Assassination

[e] Source for weapons: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-assassination_guide_cata/p5/#post1823629

I commented 2-set bonus for combat here.

As the sheet doesn't support set bonuses, I tried to evaluate 2-set bonus this way: I picked 2 pieces with the best stats for combat and added +35 agility as a socket bonus on both of them. I also had to change blue socket on leggings to be red socket, because in reality, we'll put red gem in there.

I guess you can do the same with 4-set bonus. But always keep in mind that items are as good as they show only if you equip all of them at once.

Only the mainhand and 2pc Viscous (Legs and Shoulders) are PvE upgrades, the latter being a very small upgrade (like 20ish EP).

According to the sheet, [item]61328[/item] is also best pre-raid offhand for combat.

As explained in the sheet, take the weapon recommendations with a grain of salt. While they are based on ShadowCraft's EP values, they are quite simplified to fit into the sheet (though they appeared to be more or less stable) and as well aren't necessarily correct for your gear (as always if you don't use personalized EP values).

The Shiv however is at least a decent off hand. And ridiculously easy to acquire.

That being said, I hope I'll be able to update the sheet tomorrow with some heroic gear etc. I'm making progress with my muted sound addon, so I can go back to item scraping. This and I really need an overview of heroic gear for myself by now.

Updated to r7.

It includes heroic gear now (and those nifty random enchanted legs from Al'akir). Also fixed the meta gem bug for C'thuns Helmet and added some PvP pieces (no blues though).

The most apparent change is probably that I added loot categories so that you can choose to not display e.g. heroic raid loot gear or questing/reputation items.*

* I hope that the dropdowns/checkboxes do work outside of a German Excel. Not so sure about this with Microsoft's policy to localize their formula function words (if anyone didn't understands what I was trying to say here: for example 'TRUE' becomes 'WAHR' in German Excel and I don't know if that's ok to use in a dropdown). Let me know if it doesn't work.

Also, OpenOffice users seems to suffer from a bug that the sorted list isn't updated correctly when you change your spec/EP values or loot categories. The EP calculation itself still seems to be correct, but it doesn't re-order (or hide) the items. You can manually force it do so if you remove one of numbers representing the position in the 'A' column and add it again. You only have to do this once - after that it updates the list just fine.

Again, let me know if you know why this behaviour occurs. Or how to fix it. I have no clue.

// Edit

Oh, and also, does anybody know what's the drop behaviour of the heroic tokens? Do they drop from all bosses on heroic mode or are they again split up amongst specific bosses?

Thanks for the update, I really like to use your sheet for browsing thru gear and planning possible upgrades.

I've got some feedback to the newest version:

1. Dropdowns work (in english excel 2007), but they show german "WAHR" and "FALSH". Not a big deal.
  2. Although when I use the loot categories feature and uncheck any of them (for example "RaidHeroic") every single line in "Weapons incl. Speed & DPS" section goes blank, thats a bit annoying.
  3. When we have those random enchanted legs from Al'akir now, what about the random enchanted belts and rings from Conclave of Wind? I have no problem adding them myself (it seems that wowhead already has all relevant drops data), but it would be nice to have those included out-of-the-box.
  4. Regarding added Vicious armor pieces, did you consider implementing some kind of support of set bonuses? Again, it's not hard to add the extra agility manually, but in it's current state and without any comment about it, the value of those items may be a bit misleading for less experienced users.

Good catches all.

I added the missing waist/rings, updated the drop locations and the dropdown boxes should be working now as well (both in terms of language and functionality with the weapons).

Dropdowns work (in english excel 2007), but they show german "WAHR" and "FALSH". Not a big deal.

This is more of a way MS localizes stuff, the internal function of the booleans is the same but localized versions may display it differently according to the language settings of the viewer and/or spreadsheet creator. Take it like most MS, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

I just wanted to mention that the stats for Don Rodrigo's Fabulous Necklace are incorrect. You currently have its stats set identical to that of the Necklace of Strife with 127 haste and 127 mastery. However, its actual stats are 96 haste and 145 mastery. This places it slightly worse than the double dragon neck, even pre-heroic.

Cloak of Biting Chill and Viewless Wings have the stats kind of weird too. Not sure if they were recently changed and r8 hasn't been updated to reflect the changes.

Cloak of Biting Chill and Viewless Wings have the stats kind of weird too. Not sure if they were recently changed and r8 hasn't been updated to reflect the changes.
How so? I just double-checked everything against wowhead and the stats in R8 match those on the site.

Keep in mind you can fix/add items to the spread. I fixed the two necks mentioned above and after reforge it puts Strife 15 EP ahead of Rodrigo's (which I don't necessarily agree with since I'm a mastery whore). Hornet-Sting Band is also on par with Mistral Circle of the Zephyr after adding it.

How so? I just double-checked everything against wowhead and the stats in R8 match those on the site.

Keep in mind you can fix/add items to the spread. I fixed the two necks mentioned above and after reforge it puts Strife 15 EP ahead of Rodrigo's (which I don't necessarily agree with since I'm a mastery whore). Hornet-Sting Band is also on par with Mistral Circle of the Zephyr after adding it.

/me idiot.

Just now realized all the stats on their are reforged values. My bad.

New upcoming 4.1 changes just announced:

• Leatherworking: Assassin's Chestplate now gives +321 Agility, down from 341. Now gives 173 Hit Rating, down from 183. Now gives 243 Critical Strike rating, down from 253. Now has a Red Socket (Socket Bonus: +10 Agility)
  • Leatherworking: Belt of Nefarious Whispers now gives +233 Agility, down from 253. Now gives 174 Hit Rating, down from 184. Now gives 134 Mastery Rating, down from 144. Now has a Red Socket (Socket Bonus: +10 Agility)

Given these hold true to release, Assassin's Chestplate picks up 54 EP making it just 37 EP behind Sark of the Unwatched, down from 91 below. Even more interesting is the change puts Belt of Nefarious Whispers up 52 EP (23 EP AHEAD of Wind Stalker Belt of the Zephyr), making it BiS pre-heroic.

FYI, R8 does not include 1 red and 1 blue gem slot for [item]60231[/item], so please add that to the list of fixes for R9, sp00n.

It is worth noting that 4.1 will presumably come out with another tier of raid content, so how the crafted gear compares to current-tier epics is somewhat less relevant. Those would have been highly useful changes in 4.0.6 (when they changed (most of) the other crafted gear), but by 4.1 I'm not sure how much it'll still matter.

Updated to r10 for patch 4.1. Thanks to Jodou for adding the ZA/ZG gear and filtering out the unavailable PvP gear.

I've also added an Enchants tab with this release. Nothing fancy, but it gives you a quick overview.

As always there may be items missing or with wrong stats, let me know if you encounter such.

I found the answer for where [iTEM]69589[/iTEM] and [iTEM]69584[/iTEM] drops; Norkani's Package - Object - World of Warcraft and Hazlek's Trunk - Object - World of Warcraft respectively. Also, in the OP the first line after 'What it features' is erroneous and just needs updating: Hopefully all current rogue specific gear (barring heroic epics and PvP items).

Thanks for updating this sp00n!

EDIT: Couple more fixes: Parasitic Bands only drop from Magmaw, Wind Dancer's Gloves(H) are only from Magmaw, Double Attack Handguards only from Chimaeron, and Wind Dancer's Legs(H) are from Maloriak. I know Halfus drops heroic chest tokens, but I can't confirm/deny the other two listed since we've yet to down them. Drop Location and Match Colors columns are pointed to the wrong variable (BK instead of CX and CY) under the weapon speed and dps calculation table. Lastly, for consistency sake Vicious Gladiator's Right Ripper (Arena) is missing its Drop Info of '2200 Arena Rating'.

If it's all the same as it was at level 70, then the container loot in Zul'Aman is not specific to the containers themselves. It's specific to the order of containers looted. First one has money, second one has some nice item, third one has.. another nice item. I remember the cloak came from the second chest for me, and that's also what I've read online.

Updated to r11.

• Added patch 4.2 PTR data (tier 12). You can deselect it in the EP Values & Settings tab.
  • Corrected drop locations, basically the ones Jodou mentioned.
  • Other small fixes.

Updated to r12.

Now that patch 4.2 is around the corner, the sheet should feature every new item currently known. Again thanks to Jodou for doing a lot of work with the new gear.

Drop locations are not known yet, and stats may still change or already have. Really looking forward to go through all new items again. :tinfoil: (I have a script to fetch item information from wowhead, probably will have to adapt it to this sheet.)

I also split apart the loot selection to distignuish between tier 11 and tier 12 gear. You can now select exactly which loot to display.

Also I did some internal fixes and rewrites, as well as removal of unnecessary calculations. The sheet really starts to become sluggish with all these information.

// Edit

Some trinket calculations may be way off. Especially the Matrix Restabilizer as I just read the post here. We'll have to wait for some true tests to be sure on the trinkets.