Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyrian

Cataclysm: Situational Tips and Tricks

256 posts in this topic

On a related note, soloing the Void Sphere on Zon'ozz with Iceblock to bounce it back doesn't work, it passes straight through. You can however, bounce it with Cauterize and block afterwards.

Best way to do it is talent molten shields, blink out to solo soak it, proc cauterize, mage ward, cauterize tick procs blazing speed, run in. Even better as worgen, as if you've procced blazing speed, worgen sprint racial stacks with it so you run in at beyond mounted speed and can be restacked with the raid in one GCD.

I don't ever iceblock on zon'ozz unless I have the random debuff on top of cauterize.

For those looking to start hUltra as fire, you will still die from hour of twilight if you ice block with the debuff Looming Darkness. In my hUltra attempts tonight I had attempted to use cauterize for an hour of twilight then ice block another one, but died when I was ice blocked.

In addition to this, if you try to Ice Block the first one, and Cauterize the second (opposite order of what you did), it won't work because you will still get the Looming Darkness debuff even with Ice Block, and when you try to soak the second with Cauterize you'll be instantly killed because of the debuff.

Under normal circumstances 70 seconds is sufficient time to obtain 10 stacks of the Stolen Time (T13x4) buff, ensuring that your next Combustion will likewise be available in only 70 seconds. However, on Heroic Yor'sahj this is not the case. Even though it is critical that one has Combustion available for each and every black phase, which occur every 75 seconds, it is difficult with a normal rotation because you are forced to Scorch while running alongside and DPSing the incoming oozes.

To address this I throw out 2-3 Arcane Blast during each ooze phase, usually 2 on the ooze and then 1 on the boss after the ooze is dead. It stacks the buff more rapidly than Fireball and eliminates the chance of the buff stack accidentally falling off. Certainly, this is a DPS loss, at least on the oozes. However, the difference is easily made up by having Combustion available every single black phase as 5/6 of them include a black ooze that is never killed, meaning lots of Forgotten One adds for you to spread Combustion to.

I don't know if it's good to revive such an old topic or to just make a new one but here goes.

On Feng the Accursed, you can Ice Block off "Arcane Resonance".

You can Blink through the flanking Mogu statues, on the Spirit Kings. You can also blink out of Pinned Arrow.

On Elegon, you can stand just at the edge of the dome and when you get the stacking "Overcharged" debuff, you can just jump with an instant cast or when refreshing your Mage Bomb instead of moving back and forth.

I don't know if it's good to revive such an old topic or to just make a new one but here goes.

On Feng the Accursed, you can Ice Block off "Arcane Resonance".

You can Blink through the flanking Mogu statues, on the Spirit Kings. You can also blink out of Pinned Arrow.

On Elegon, you can stand just at the edge of the dome and when you get the stacking "Overcharged" debuff, you can just jump with an instant cast or when refreshing your Mage Bomb instead of moving back and forth.

I will fire up a new tips/tricks thread tonight and sticky it. Please feel free to re-post this there as well.