Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsoft

Java-based optimal Rogue reforging calculator

81 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I don't know what to say here. I've been running the tool and I believe it's great really. But -every single time- I run it and reforge according to what it wants, I come up missing 70-80 hit short of what it wants. I am using the advanced armory page, and no I don't have any T4W loot... What am I missing here? This is really frustrating.

using the jar

Recommended reforgings:

["Blackscale Wraps" 37 Mastery to Expertise]

["Portal-Sealer's Breastplate" 62 Crit to Expertise]

["Calder's Coated Carrion Carver" 33 Crit to Expertise]

["Swiftflight Leggings" 67 Crit to Expertise]

["Signet of Bloody Sands" 34 Hit to Expertise]

["Helm of Secret Knowledge" 46 Crit to Expertise]

["Quel'Dormir Signet Ring" 23 Crit to Expertise]

["Clandestine Spaulders" 56 Crit to Expertise]

["Winged Axe" 19 Hit to Haste]

["Mindsear Shanker" 28 Hit to Expertise]

["Mirror-Polished Boots" 44 Mastery to Haste]

["Skardyn's Grace" 504 Mastery to Haste] ["Pendant of Victorious Fury" 36 Mastery to Expertise]

["Cloak of Beasts" 30 Mastery to Haste]

Stats with no reforgings (EP = 4143.6):

Hit: 477

Mastery: 400

Haste: 1175

Expertise: 340

Crit: 725

Stats with current reforgings (EP = 4206.2):

Hit: 623

Mastery: 462

Crit: 517

Stats with recommended reforgings (EP = 4742.3):

Hit: 396

Mastery: -251

Haste: 1772

Expertise: 762

Crit: 438

Improvement over current reforgings: 536.2

Calculation time: 2.2K seconds (checked 12M possibilities per second)

using the jar

Recommended reforgings:

["Blackscale Wraps" 37 Mastery to Expertise]

["Portal-Sealer's Breastplate" 62 Crit to Expertise]

["Calder's Coated Carrion Carver" 33 Crit to Expertise]

["Swiftflight Leggings" 67 Crit to Expertise]

["Signet of Bloody Sands" 34 Hit to Expertise]

["Helm of Secret Knowledge" 46 Crit to Expertise]

["Quel'Dormir Signet Ring" 23 Crit to Expertise]

["Clandestine Spaulders" 56 Crit to Expertise]

["Winged Axe" 19 Hit to Haste]

["Mindsear Shanker" 28 Hit to Expertise]

["Mirror-Polished Boots" 44 Mastery to Haste]

["Skardyn's Grace" 504 Mastery to Haste] ["Pendant of Victorious Fury" 36 Mastery to Expertise]

["Cloak of Beasts" 30 Mastery to Haste]

Stats with no reforgings (EP = 4143.6):

Hit: 477

Mastery: 400

Crit: 725

Stats with current reforgings (EP = 4206.2):

Hit: 623

Mastery: 462

Crit: 517

Stats with recommended reforgings (EP = 4742.3):

Hit: 396

Mastery: -251

Haste: 1772

Expertise: 762

Crit: 438

Improvement over current reforgings: 536.2

Calculation time: 2.2K seconds (checked 12M possibilities per second)

Looks like on the Use of Skardyn's Grace it adds it to the general stats overall. Looking into why this is.

Edit:

The xml scheme on wowhead for items with Use: characteristic throws the periodic stat increase with the same pattern as any other secondary stat thats an Equip characteristic.

Very cheap fix at the moment. Replace the entire public StatVector(String wowheadData) constructor with the following in StatVector.java.

public StatVector(String wowheadData) {

data = new int[Stat.possibleStats.length];

for (Stat stat : Stat.possibleStats) {

Pattern pattern = Pattern.compile("\"" + stat.getWowheadName() + "\":(\\d+)");

Pattern useItemPattern = Pattern.compile("Use:");

Matcher useItemMatcher = useItemPattern.matcher(wowheadData);

Matcher matcher = pattern.matcher(wowheadData);

if (matcher.find() && !useItemMatcher.find()) {

data[stat.getIndex()] = Integer.parseInt(matcher.group(1));

} else {

data[stat.getIndex()] = 0;

}

}

}

I think I found an calculation error for the combat ratings (might apply similarly to the assasination values)

// EP value of spell hit and yellow hit at the hit cap

private static final double EP_AT_SPELL_CAP =

EP_AT_YELLOW_CAP + SPELL_HIT_COEFFICIENT * SPELL_HIT_CAP;

this would in numbers mean: 241 * 1.9 + 1127 * 1.4

I think that is wrong, because you are actually counting the yellow cap ratings twice. Once for 1.9 ep and once for 1.4 ep

So I guess, that right calculation would be 241 * 1.9 + (1127 - 241) * 1.4,.

This actually changes the results for combat alot (read as: 241 * 1.4ep too much).

It only happens for stat vectors assuming hit rating above the spell cap.

As long as the calculated hit ratings are below the spell hit cap, your formulas are correct, as EP_AT_YELLOW_CAP is not used in the else if.

Regards,

White

// Edit:

Also a little suggestion: For combat, there is no case where reforging into MST or CRT will happen at all. There is always an option to reforge those values into something differnt (reason beeing, that even white hit rating is superior to those two).

Removing all StatVectors for those values could reduce calculation times for combat ratings to a good amount.

I think I found an calculation error for the combat ratings (might apply similarly to the assasination values)

// EP value of spell hit and yellow hit at the hit cap

private static final double EP_AT_SPELL_CAP =

EP_AT_YELLOW_CAP + SPELL_HIT_COEFFICIENT * SPELL_HIT_CAP;

this would in numbers mean: 241 * 1.9 + 1127 * 1.4

I think that is wrong, because you are actually counting the yellow cap ratings twice. Once for 1.9 ep and once for 1.4 ep

So I guess, that right calculation would be 241 * 1.9 + (1127 - 241) * 1.4,.

This actually changes the results for combat alot (read as: 241 * 1.4ep too much).

It only happens for stat vectors assuming hit rating above the spell cap.

As long as the calculated hit ratings are below the spell hit cap, your formulas are correct, as EP_AT_YELLOW_CAP is not used in the else if.

Regards,

White

I also found an error while using the java based tool that could be a consequence of the above statement.

On my combat rogue (almost full 359), the tool advises me to convert haste from my wind dancer tunic to hit and to leave fluid death unchanged ; which is obviously a non-sense ;)

Another flaw. It worked before I changed daggers and a ring, I have the same enchants as before, but yet, it still says random enchant items found, not supported.

Reforger version 1.4.

Loading character info:

Using mutilate reforgings.

Loading items:

["Themios the Darkbringer" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=72 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=72]]

["Rich Purple Silk Shirt" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Necklace of Strife" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=127 Haste=127 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Sticky Fingers" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=150 Haste=130 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Throat Slasher" Stats=[Hit=86 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=86]]

["Helm of Numberless Shadows" Stats=[Hit=182 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=162]]

["Essence of the Cyclone" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Tunic of Sinking Envy" Stats=[Hit=162 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=202]]

["Embrace of the Night" Stats=[Hit=130 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=150]]

["Aberration's Leggings" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=188 Expertise=0 Crit=228]]

["Poison Fang Bracers" Stats=[Hit=100 Mastery=0 Haste=100 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Tabard of the Earthen Ring" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Boots of the Predator" Stats=[Hit=130 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=150]]

["Quicksand Belt" Stats=[Hit=150 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=130]]

["Lightning Conductor Band" Stats=[Hit=127 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=127]]

["Tia's Grace" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=285 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Organic Lifeform Inverter" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=97 Haste=0 Expertise=97 Crit=0]]

["Twitching Shadows" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=112 Expertise=0 Crit=112]]

["Mistral Circle" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

java.lang.RuntimeException: Random enchant item found. These items are not yet supported.

at net.wsnetwork.reforger.Reforger.runReforging(Reforger.java:153)

at net.wsnetwork.reforger.ReforgerApplet$ReforgerRunnable.run(ReforgerApplet.java:99)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Vamo @ Stormscale - Game - World of Warcraft - it is my main hand dagger and conclave ring. I have an idea the conclave ring is the issue, since it's stats and reforging is not shown on armory either.

EDIT: Bsofs comment on the ring.

This appears to be the problem item:

["Mistral Circle" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

Solving this problem is complex because neither Wowhead nor the Armory item pages report the stats on these items correctly. The stats will need to be pulled from your Armory page, which is more complex since the item might already be reforge and the HTML is harder to parse.

I'll see if I can get a fix done tomorrow.

Any plans to fix this issue soon? But, I dont understand HOW you are gonna fix it, since it fetches data from armory, and armory doesn't show stats. So it's really a error from blizzard :(

Seems the best way to fix this would be to make your own table of the stat mapping of the variuous suffixes, and if one of these items show up just plug in those values rather than try to read them from anywhere. Still misses current reforging of course.

Another flaw. It worked before I changed daggers and a ring, I have the same enchants as before, but yet, it still says random enchant items found, not supported.

Vamo @ Stormscale - Game - World of Warcraft - it is my main hand dagger and conclave ring. I have an idea the conclave ring is the issue, since it's stats and reforging is not shown on armory either.

EDIT: Bsofs comment on the ring.

Any plans to fix this issue soon? But, I dont understand HOW you are gonna fix it, since it fetches data from armory, and armory doesn't show stats. So it's really a error from blizzard :(

Its the ring, need to pull the 4 random enchant stats of the items armory page and add it manually to the possible reforges. +143 (372 version) to hit for 2 of them, crit or haste, Mistral Circle - Game - World of Warcraft.

I'll work on it today and have edits up for you.

I also found an error while using the java based tool that could be a consequence of the above statement.

On my combat rogue (almost full 359), the tool advises me to convert haste from my wind dancer tunic to hit and to leave fluid death unchanged ; which is obviously a non-sense ;)

Ya that is an issue. Looking into it as well.

Is there possibly an option to change the calculation of mastery ? Sometimes more points in mastery, don't mean more damage. So it might be more useful to reforge in any other stat, if you cannot reach the needed points for another percent of Mastery Damage.

More points in mastery always means more damage so far as I know - its not like it truncates down to the nearest whole point when computing benefit. So I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.

More points in mastery always means more damage so far as I know - its not like it truncates down to the nearest whole point when computing benefit. So I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.

As far as you know... this describes it very well! I haven't found anything about the mastery is calculated exactly. So stop flaming me and tell me who did some testing on this. Otherwise I believe the Blizzard UI more than you... sry!

Pls report if anyone has other clues about this topic!

As far as you know... this describes it very well! I haven't found anything about the mastery is calculated exactly. So stop flaming me and tell me who did some testing on this. Otherwise I believe the Blizzard UI more than you... sry!

Well, surely you're brilliant enough to realize that Mastery isn't truncated, but rather is treated in the same way as Expertise. That is to say, each individual point of mastery is as valuable as the next. There are no breakpoints.

This has been documented and well-understood by all classes since 4.0 went live several months ago. The character sheet does not represent the values accurately.

Edited for civility

You know, I think a piece of my gear is throwing the tool off or the armory is reporting something wrong, it's taking my reforge and always giving me the wrong result after I reforge. But if I play with the results and change 1-2 pieces from what it tells me I can almost always make my goal for hit.

Strange indeed..

Probably for the rogue thread but can someone briefly reiterate where the discrepancy comes from mastery increasing poison dmg by 3.5%/point. I must've of missed this conversation somewhere.

You know, I think a piece of my gear is throwing the tool off or the armory is reporting something wrong, it's taking my reforge and always giving me the wrong result after I reforge. But if I play with the results and change 1-2 pieces from what it tells me I can almost always make my goal for hit.

Strange indeed..

Whats the item ?

Even though this calculator is solely for reforging at the moment, i think a possible expansion to this calculator would be Engineering Helm Cogwheels. I realize this will only affect a minority within Rogues, but if this tool could use the cogwheel stats as extra possible "reforges" since they are replaceable within the headpiece itself. I think the customizability of the Engineering Headpiece merits implementation of such a feature. This will probably need the addition of a new formula/mechanic in the calculator, so such a feature should only be added if you can afford the time.

Thanks for the calculator, and i hope for the addition of a cogwheel feature.

Whats the item ?

Honestly I'm not sure, I don't have enough gear to test and I will have to go over my stats later to check. But essentially, I just ignored the suggestion to reforge my trinkets and hit my HIT goal. My haste and Mastery counts are still far different then what the app wants me to reforge to, however.

Honestly I'm not sure, I don't have enough gear to test and I will have to go over my stats later to check. But essentially, I just ignored the suggestion to reforge my trinkets and hit my HIT goal. My haste and Mastery counts are still far different then what the app wants me to reforge to, however.

Well there is your problem right there, the App is reforging to get the highest EP possible, while you are reforging for a specific cap.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

To reiterate, the App will try to make the hit cap, *IF* it provides the most EP. Just because you are exactly at the Hit Cap doesn't make it optimal to reforge that way. By trying to go for a specific hit cap, you run the possibility of missing reforges to other ratings that will provide a larger benefit overall.

^ No that's not it. I followed the app EXACTLY. I end up short on hit, below what even the app says I should have, and then I have to change things around to make hit at least match on hit, or get close.

If I follow what the app says exactly, I'll end up short on hit, and over or under on either mastery or haste. Every single time, those three stats aren't what the app says they should be at.

Take for instance what the reforge tool says I should reforge to right now, if I follow that I'm going to be 73 hit short, short on mastery and over on haste. It's really strange.

Regardless however, it's only a 7ep gain if I change everything and were to get the stats right, which I'll call close enough :)

I just did a test using your current gear from the Armory and plugging it into Caffeine's Shadowcraft Engine UI, and the results match the reforger exactly, so it has to be an error in something you're doing.

cri -> mst Boots of the Predator

cri -> mst Liar's Handwraps

cri -> hit Wind Dancer's Legguards

cri -> hit Poison Protocol Pauldrons

cri -> hit Parasitic Bands

cri -> hit Sark of the Unwatched

cri -> hit Cloak of Biting Chill

hit -> mst Fluid Death

hst -> hit Necklace of Strife

hst -> hit Dragonwreck Throwing Axe

hst -> hit Signet of the Elder Council

hst -> hit Quicksilver Blade

mst -> hit Tia's Grace

--- no --- Belt of Nefarious Whispers

--- no --- Steelbender's Masterpiece

--- no --- Terrath's Signet of Balance

Resulting stats:

hit: 1321

mst: 2478

hst: 672

exp: 0

cri: 761

Resulting EP: 6562.10, 7.30 gained

BTW, drop that 50 crit cloak enchant and put 22 agi on it instead, only the 65 crit enchant comes out marginally better than it.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but in a case like mine (human/combat) where a racial gives only one hand an expertise boost, could the calculator be set to stop reforging for expertise once the hand with higher expertise reaches the cap rather than the lower? The tool currently appears to be aiming for capping the hand with lower expertise, which gives me 29/26 in current gear, and I am given to understand this is very non-optimal with current EP values.

I guess this would probably be best described mechanically as recognizing whether or not a racial bonus is present, and if so simply capping expertise reforging at 691 rather than 781, whether or not it applies to both hands.

This is a very useful tool, and it has helped immensely. However, I'd like to make a suggestion: If an item ends up not being reforged, it would be helpful for the final result to note that (much like the other app does). Additionally, it would be useful if you had an item that was reforged, then after the calculation it's not anymore, to mention restoring the item's original stats.

I had two items that were reforged, then after the calc, they weren't mentioned at all. It took me a while (longer than it should have, but whatever) to realize that I had to restore two of the reforges I had.

With the changed EP values in 4.0.6, has the applet been updated? Being fairly new to the rogue class and brand new to Combat spec, I just want to be sure that I am reforging properly. Although I know what I reforge into hasn't changed (exp to cap > haste > spell hit cap) since Mastery is no longer the worst stat, I just want to be sure that I'm still getting my max EP with my current reforgings. This tool proved invaluable when I made the change from assassination to combat! Thanks for your work!

edit: ordered current secondary stat priorities incorrectly

I'm on a Macbook with the latest java, but I'm trying to open the file using terminal (where you type java -jar reforger.jar http://etc. ) and it begins to work but suddenly quits and gives this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Random enchant item found. These items are not yet supported.
at net.wsnetwork.reforger.Reforger.runReforging(Reforger.java:157)
at net.wsnetwork.reforger.ReforgerConsole.main(ReforgerConsole.java:26)
... 5 more[/PHP]

it still appears to be that the Mistral Circle ring is the issue, as mentioned above, but still not fixed in 1.5, just thought I'd let you know.

1.6 applet error, in this case apparently not using any crit reforges for combat.

Reforger version 1.6.

Loading character info:

Using combat reforgings.

Loading items: 

["Amulet of Dull Dreaming" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=112 Expertise=0 Crit=112]]

["Belt of Nefarious Whispers" Stats=[Hit=184 Mastery=144 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Thieving Spaulders" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=150 Expertise=0 Crit=130]]

["Liar's Handwraps" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=169 Expertise=0 Crit=149]]

["Hornet-Sting Band" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=121 Haste=131 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Softwind Cape" Stats=[Hit=112 Mastery=0 Haste=112 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Throat Slasher" Stats=[Hit=86 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=86]]

["Assassin's Chestplate" Stats=[Hit=183 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=253]]

["Poison Fang Bracers" Stats=[Hit=112 Mastery=0 Haste=112 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Signet of the Elder Council" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=127 Haste=127 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Darkmoon Card: Hurricane" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Mask of Vines" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=162 Expertise=0 Crit=182]]

["Leggings of the Burrowing Mole" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=202 Haste=0 Expertise=162 Crit=0]]

["Argent Crusader's Tabard" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Cruel Barb" Stats=[Hit=86 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=86]]

["Slashing Thorns" Stats=[Hit=63 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=63]]

["Boots of the Predator" Stats=[Hit=130 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=150]]

["Fluid Death" Stats=[Hit=321 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

["Master Builder's Shirt" Stats=[Hit=0 Mastery=0 Haste=0 Expertise=0 Crit=0]]

Base stats:

Hit: 1277

Mastery: 594

Haste: 1075

Expertise: 162

Crit: 1211

Gem/enchant bonuses:

Hit: +40

Mastery: +25

Haste: +85