Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jessamy

Shaman: Simple Questions thread reboot -- new kinder gentler rule-7-free zone

224 posts in this topic

What is the haste breakpoint for Healing Rain for 2 extra ticks with the T13 4-Piece (30% haste) up?

I think there's some problem in Rawr with No'Kaled. The weapons in the BiS thread are shown as heroic No'Kaleds, but if I open up rawr, it's telling me that they're quite a bit worse than Morningstar or Hand of Morchok. So since I can't run EnhSim on my computer, what would be better for me, double heroic Hands of Morchok, or heroic Hand of Morchok/Reg No'kaled?

I think there's some problem in Rawr with No'Kaled. The weapons in the BiS thread are shown as heroic No'Kaleds, but if I open up rawr, it's telling me that they're quite a bit worse than Morningstar or Hand of Morchok. So since I can't run EnhSim on my computer, what would be better for me, double heroic Hands of Morchok, or heroic Hand of Morchok/Reg No'kaled?

Damage procs are currently not counted in Rawr. I am working on implementing them after I clean up some code.

Hello,

As a shaman restoration, is it normal that Rawr does not include haste in the stat values?

Actually, I’m surprised that Rawr tends to favour reforging to Crit Rating. Haste and Mastery are always advised to be reforged to Crit Rating. Is it really the way to go?

My current stats are:

Intellect, 5249

Spirit, 2886

Haste Rating, 753

Crit Rating, 874

Mastery Rating, 977

Thanks!

Where and when can I "safely" use the Earth Elemental in Dragonsoul to push dps?
Always, unless there are tankable adds present which are critical to position (such as the regenerating bloods near melees) or if you are the sole provider of Stoneskin or Strength of Earth buffs.

I have general questions regarding enhancement stat values.

I can't run EnhSim as I play off a Macintosh (and EnhSim is only supported by Windows), and I'm not a "deep math" person.

I also know that stat value changes for enhancement depending on gear.

I'm currently running with a close-to BiS setup ( armory link : > http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/N%C3%ADghtst�*rzz/simple < ). - if the link doesn't work, you can browse me by guild on armory - Monster ; EU - Stormscale (rank 1 in the guild); the website seems to filter the accents on my name.

So my questions are the following :

At this level of gear, what's the value of : Agility, Hit (before and after cap), Expertise, Mastery, Crit and Haste.

If armory doesn't work here are my raw values :

Agility : 7116.

Hit : 1744 (spell hit - 1722 melee hit)

Expertise : 456 (26/26 - Orc).

Mastery : 2346 (21.09).

Crit : 878 (32.72%)

Haste : 511 (3.99%).

Using WoU (normal version) and Matrix (heroic) as trinkets, and double No'Kaled (hc version).

I'm currently running with tier gloves (hc) instead of Sporebeard Gauntlets (as BiS list suggests) and am strongly considering using VP head (Zeherah's Dragonskull Crown) instead of the heroic tier head. That's why I'm interested in the mastery values, and if the 100 extra stat + 63 agility can outweigh the huge mastery gain of the VP helm.

Any kind of useful input would be much appreciated.

Actually, I’m surprised that Rawr tends to favour reforging to Crit Rating. Haste and Mastery are always advised to be reforged to Crit Rating. Is it really the way to go?
The three secondary stats provide similar (within 1%) improvements to your healing throughput. So you can stack the stat that most helps your own healing style. Crit is nice because, in addition to increasing your healing, it gives you mana. Mastery is nice because it helps you out when you need it most. And haste is nice because it lets you cast a heal in time to save someone.
I can't run EnhSim as I play off a Macintosh (and EnhSim is only supported by Windows), and I'm not a "deep math" person.
EnhSim is a great tool, and it's specifically designed for enhancement shaman. But if you can't get it to work, you could try SimulationCraft. The teams work together to ensure that they both accurately reflect in-game mechanics, so their results are very close.

It has not been removed, just not posted in within the last month. When you change the threads you can see to great than a month you will see it and other threads that have been not posted in recently.

Hi all.

I'm new and I'm here to request help, please!

My shaman is: Awrawra @ Azralon - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

Well, the reason of my request is because of my dps. I have a good burst and a good initial dps (2 min fight). After that, when FE expires, my drama begins. My dps fall considerably along the fight. The longer the fight takes, more my dps falls.

Until 2 minutes, I can do 33-34k dps. With 5 minutes, even I can use FE again, my dps is 29-30k already (using on cd Blood Fury and Elemental Mastery). With 7 or more minutes, my dps is 24-25k. Fights like Deathwing, I can do only 33k dps.

I know something is wrong, but I dont know what. My rotation I think is correct: Fire totem down > FS up > LvB on cd > ES with 7-9 stacks > LB. I use on cd too BF and EM, as I said.

Please, help me.

I am debating over haste vs mastery build for our 10 man healing comp. We have H Paly, Disc Priest and Resto Shammy. It seems most of the 25man groups, shammys are going for the mastery build, but in my 10 man group i don't seem to get the throughput w/ out the haste build.

Suggestions?

Did anyone ever cared enough to somehow check if recasting Lightning Shield with trinket stacked up and while pot is still running would be a dps increase or does it scale back dynamically with your stats? (asking from Enh point of view, but this could possibly matter for Ele as well)

In the BiS thread it's saying that heroic choker of the vanquished lord is BiS neck, and that heroic vial/wrath are the two BiS trinkets, but running Rawr, it's saying that it goes heroic wrath > heroic matrix > heroic compass > heroic vial. I'm shocked that it would avoid mastery on the choker for haste/hit on the valor neck, and doubly so that it recommends even a haste trinket before heroic vial, which of these is right?

In the BiS thread it's saying that heroic choker of the vanquished lord is BiS neck, and that heroic vial/wrath are the two BiS trinkets, but running Rawr, it's saying that it goes heroic wrath > heroic matrix > heroic compass > heroic vial. I'm shocked that it would avoid mastery on the choker for haste/hit on the valor neck, and doubly so that it recommends even a haste trinket before heroic vial, which of these is right?

In regards to the trinket choices, the AP scaling of vial isn't implemented. So its just using the base damage of the trinket, which puts it below the other options. So trust the BiS thread on this one.

In regards to the neck piece, there are cases where Rawr will rate the valour point one higher than the choker. These cases mainly have to do with being under the spell hit cap.

Hydrotoxin - Silvermoon

My shaman is pretty geared from weeks & weeks of 8/8 10m reg DS, i.e, 4pc T13. I do all the things in a fight you'd expect: I keep HR down. I keep ES & a ticking Riptide on a tank. I cast a couple CH & Riptide anybody who needs a quick heal, or one of my 'Likely Suspects' dps. Rinse & repeat, bolts for mana as needed. I loose an occasional UE for the cheap instant bump & free CH power-up, if a CH is needed in that window of time. I'm just not getting the kind of HPS I should have at this point in my gear. I'm a shaky 15-16k healer & starting to hold my guild back from HM's.

On meters I get smoked by virtually *everybody* who heals on a given fight. Our Holy pally is freakish; geared, highly skilled & of Blizz' current darling class/spec. 30k HPS consistently. Fine... but our Shadow priests go Disc & out-heal me. Our bear goes Resto & out-heals me. I go into LFR even, and have to work really hard to beat other shamans who're far less geared. I check Recount and see no glaring disparities between our cast selection & quantity thereof. I've pored over these & other forums like a person possessed. I've tried every secondary-stat gearing/reforging strategy that made any sense to me - and some that didn't, to no avail.

Anyone have some ideas?

I've found that damage can be spikey and not necessarily even for most of the hard modes. People also aren't the best at stacking up for our chain heal, so I've become accustomed to the rotation of riptide/greater/greater/chain/greater/greater repeat to keep tidal waves up, and my greater heals fast. Since you're working in 10 man, chain is best when you know it's hitting 4 people who need the heals, which is a lot less often than in 25. Chain heal is still very powerful and the go to spell for when there's aoe going out with clustered raiders, but dont forget about greater heals and the power of mastery/crit. I'm always underwhelmed when healing with other classes after putting out so many over 100k greater heals on my shaman.

Not sure that helped, maybe a linked raid parse would help explain your hps problem, or you could detail which fights and which phases are giving you the most trouble.

The new Enhance me guide says that we need 7,5 % Expertise and 7,5 % Hit with level 90.

How much Hit/Expertise do we need next week with level 85?

The new Enhance me guide says that we need 7,5 % Expertise and 7,5 % Hit with level 90.

How much Hit/Expertise do we need next week with level 85?

We will need 7.5% expertise and 7,5% hit to cap both. At level 85 it should be 769 hit rating and 769 expertise rating or 666 if you have hit or expertise racial bonus. With both ratings we should be also spell hit capped.

Also something of note. For racial Hit/Expertise, if you use your race's preferred weapon in your main hand, but not your off hand it will count as both. However if you use it in your off hand it will not count. This was posted in the Beta threads by Crithto in response to a question the beta class balance analysis thread.

poster's question - Regarding racial expertise and weapons, I would like to know what would happen in the following scenario:

7.50% on-gear hit rating, 6.50% on-gear expertise, Main hand Axe, Off hand Sword, racial expertise (either sword or axe)

Would you be spell hit capped or not?

Blue response - OK, update on spell hit from expertise from weapon racials: It should count expertise on your main hand as spell hit. In the situation you described, an orc (axe racial, which is in the MH) would be spell hit capped, and a human (sword racial, which is in the OH) would not. The character sheet UI should properly reflect this, however, there’s currently a bug on beta where it’s not actually giving you this benefit. That will be fixed soon.

I've tried every secondary-stat gearing/reforging strategy that made any sense to me - and some that didn't, to no avail.

Anyone have some ideas?

Hate to say it, but I think it's kind of normal. HPS is not measurable like DPS is. IE: Until the boss is dead, more dps can be measured, whereas when the raid is topped more HPS is not. Now that's probably not news to you, I am pointing it out because we're at the end of the expention, where people take less damage from being better geared, where healers heal more from gear too.

Keep all this in mind, then take a look at our mastery. It does squat jack when people are near full. Paladins and Disc Priest on the other hand get healing number even if people don't go under 100% HP through shield / absorbs mecanics. They get a shot at HPS charting before you even can. You scoring lower doesnt mean you suck. You and your raid should be aware of that, when assessing your performance.

HPS comparison in terms of calculating your output, include overheal.