Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goggles

Macro help/advice

83 posts in this topic

Hello,

after a long long break I again started playing WoW.

I need your help for following makros:

Judging with my heal-paladin

When I target my tank, the macro should cast the judgement on the tanks target

When I target the boss in an instance, the macro should cast judgement on the boss

Casting Shadowfiend with my priest

Probably the same macro like above, i just need to replace "judgement" with "shadowfiend"

Casting Shackle Undead and i don`t want to switch my actual target when I have to re-shackle

In the past I used the following macro. When casting Shackle Undead on a mop, the macro set the target as a focus target and when it was time to reshackle, I just had click on the macro again. There was no need to leave my actual target.

#showtooltip Shackle Undead

/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]

/clearfocus [target=focus,help]

/focus [target=focus,noexists]

/clearfocus [target=focus,help

/cast [target=focus,exists] Shackle Undead

But somehow it doesn`t work anymore

Crowd Control with my warlock using Fear

The same macro like with Shackle Undead?

Or does it matter that I cannot fear undead units and macro must be adjusted a bit?

Your help qould be really great :D

Thanks in advance

You can't check if your target is a tank in a macro, but otherwise your first 2 macros are possible:

#showtooltip

/cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead][]Judgement

#showtooltip

/cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead][]Shadowfiend

The shackle macro you have makes it very difficult to change shackle target, this is the macro I use. It will shackle your focus if you have one and hold ctrl, otherwise shackle your target and set it as your focus. It also clears your focus if you right click it.

#showtooltip

/clearfocus [button:2]

/stopmacro [button:2]

/cast [mod:ctrl,@focus,harm][]Shackle Undead

/focus [nomod:ctrl]

This is the same macro for lock fear, but with the pet line in to make your your pet doesn't attack your fear target.

#showtooltip

/clearfocus [button:2]

/stopmacro [button:2]

/petpassive

/cast [mod:ctrl,@focus,harm][]Fear

/focus [nomod:ctrl]

Crowd Control with my warlock using Fear

The same macro like with Shackle Undead?

Or does it matter that I cannot fear undead units and macro must be adjusted a bit?

for this case ive been using

/stopcast

/cast [target=focus,exist] fear OR Banish

for undead you could use the same system.

/stopcast

/cast [target=focus,exist] shackle undead

i liked the simple set up for these macro's they're interchangeable to any class and skill.

simply set the target to focus even with a macro. then spam it away to set the CC.

here's a focus macro.

/clear focus

/focus

Hi I need some help with a shift mod macro that casts shadowbolt at my focus target whilst it's pressed and at my main target while it's not please

Hi I need some help with a shift mod macro that casts shadowbolt at my focus target whilst it's pressed and at my main target while it's not please

ok after an hour of debunking it i got one working. (first time doing one also)

was great fun figuring it out also, but here it is.

/cast [nomod] shadow Bolt; [mod:shift,@focus] Shadow Bolt

Hello and long time, UI forum.

My question is simple, I think.

There is an API command to create a macro, which I am quite fond of lately. An example is as follows:

CreateMacro("roar", 50, "/cancelaura Dash\n/cancelaura Darkflight\n/cast Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)")

PickupMacro("roar")

PlaceAction(73)

So, for anyone that's familiar with the functionality, you'd know the "50" there is an icon of a spell. I actually randomly chose one for that, so I don't know what it actually is, but isn't important.

We can use some scripts and commands to find the internal names of any icon we see in wow; can be explored at API GetMacroIconInfo - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

What I want to know, though, is if it's possible to create a macro using the actual internal name of the spell, and NOT the icon. The internal names of things are viewable if you actually load up your macros-cache files, you see a macro is labelled as something like this:

MACRO 3 "Inspect" Ability_CheapShot

/inspect

END

I would like to be able to do something like [this doesn't actually work]:

CreateMacro("roar", spell_shadow_blackplague, "/cancelaura Dash\n/cancelaura Darkflight\n/cast Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)")

The point is so that I can use different icons for abilities that I may not necessarily actually have in my spellbook, but are valid macro icons, all the while being made through the API function, and not manually added in :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure where you're using that command, so I'll give 3 options. You only need to change the bolded part in each case.

To exactly answer your question, you would do this:

local iconnum

for i=1,GetNumMacroIcons() do

if "[B]Internal_Name[/B]" == strsub(GetMacroIconInfo(i),17) then

iconnum = i

end

end

CreateMacro("macroname", m, "macrotext")
The better option, I think, would be to use the actual name of the spell:
local spell, iconnum, texture = "[B]Spell Name[/B]"

for i=1,2000000 do

local name, _, spelltex = GetSpellInfo(i)

if spell == name then

texture = spelltex

end

end

for i=1,GetNumMacroIcons() do

if texture == GetMacroIconInfo(i) then

iconnum = i

end

end

CreateMacro("macroname", iconnum, "macrotext")
However, that method is quite laggy because it does a lot of work, so if you just want a way to find the icon number to use in the CreateMacro command when you want to, you can simply use this macro, which does the same thing but will print the number in your chat:
/run local s,m,t="[B]Spell Name[/B]" for i=1,2000000 do local n,_,p=GetSpellInfo(i) if s==n then t=p end end for i=1,GetNumMacroIcons() do if t==GetMacroIconInfo(i) then m=i end end print(m)

The reason I want to use the name of the spell/texture rather than the number is because whenever new patches add icons, all of the numbers change (well, most, depending on where the new icons were inserted.) Icon texture # like 450 in patch 3.0 is different from what it is right now in 4.1, so I'd have to keep updating the #'s to keep them accurate!

Hi all, back after 2 years. I have come across a bunch of macros that start with <action+=stance> etc, but as far as I can see, that's not valid macro syntax. Any one know whats up with that?

Thanks

Hi all, back after 2 years. I have come across a bunch of macros that start with <action+=stance> etc, but as far as I can see, that's not valid macro syntax. Any one know whats up with that?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean, do you have an example of one of these macros?

ps. all valid macro syntax can be found here: Making a macro - Wowpedia

Thanks

It is fairly simple. You specify which stances should enable the macro, then add the ability afterwards.

The following macro will put you into Defensive Stance if you are in either Berserker or Battle Stance, and equip a one hand weapon in the main-hand slot and a shield in the off-hand slot (you will need to specify the names of the items).

/cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

/equipslot 16 Name of one hander

/equipslot 17 Name of shield

Did that help?

Thanks for the replies - my question really isn't about the function of the macro, I just want to know if there is a new macro syntax, or if this might be script from an add-on or something that supports macros. If I just copy paste the following into a macro, it pukes - so I'm thinking this must be something else

Here is an example:

actions+=/stance,choose=berserker,if=cooldown.recklessness.remains=0&rage<=50&((target.health_p ct>20&target.time_to_die>320)|target.health_pct<=20)

actions+=/stance,choose=battle,if=(cooldown.recklessness.remains>0&rage<=50)

Apologies - this is likely well known but I can't find anything on the google machine that explains what it is. Appreciate the help!

Thanks for the replies - my question really isn't about the function of the macro, I just want to know if there is a new macro syntax, or if this might be script from an add-on or something that supports macros. If I just copy paste the following into a macro, it pukes - so I'm thinking this must be something else

Here is an example:

actions+=/stance,choose=berserker,if=cooldown.recklessness.remains=0&rage<=50&((target.health_p ct>20&target.time_to_die>320)|target.health_pct<=20)

actions+=/stance,choose=battle,if=(cooldown.recklessness.remains>0&rage<=50)

Apologies - this is likely well known but I can't find anything on the google machine that explains what it is. Appreciate the help!

That looks like SimCraft code to me .. not Macro code.

hi,

I have some trouble with a macro, basically I'm using vuhdo addon for my raid displaying, as a resto druid you can use some combination like shift+right click to cast a spell or a macro on the target your are mousing over.

thus i try to creat a macro to swiftmend the target I mouse over then target the Mt target and cast an insect swarm on this foe.

This is the best scenario, as I could only use "focus" to make it easier, because except with directly writing "/assist MT's name" in the macro i don't know how to manage this ( furthermore I need to add "target lasttarget" at the end witch makes the macro a little odd when swiftmend is not up ..)

I tryed this:

/castsequence swiftmend

/cast [target=focustarget] insect swarm

this one only works from time to time ... Can anyone help me ?

Ps : I recently acquired the trinket •[Necromantic Focus], witch requires DoT ticking to stack the mastery buff .. ^^

PSS : excuse the poor english, it's not my native language :(

I'm working on a macro that will assist a hunter in the madness fight. The macro should reduce damage but will allow the hunter to continue the DPS. The objective is to reduce the damage using raptor strike while still shooting the Mutated Corruptions. The way I do it without the macro is standing near the wing/arm and shoot at the Mutated Corruptions, once I would like to reduce the damage I'm taking, I am targeting the arm/wing, click raptor strike, than targeting the Mutated Corruptions and continue with my pew pew routine.

All this target switching takes too much time, so I am looking for a macro that will do it all. I know that raptor strike consume the GCD, so I thought it cannot be done, but it seems that some activates in a macro can happen after GCD. I've started with the following macro

#showtooltip Raptor Strike

/targetenemy [nodead, harm]

/cast Raptor Strike

/targetlasttarget

/cleartarget

So the macro target the nearest enemy (wing/arm), cast raptor strike, and cancel the target. I assume I can hard coded "/target Mutated Corruptions" as the last line, but I prefer something more generic. Is there an option that the last line will target me back to the target I was aiming at before I clicked this macro?

I'm working on a macro that will assist a hunter in the madness fight. ...

#showtooltip Raptor Strike

/targetenemy [nodead, harm]

/cast Raptor Strike

/targetlasttarget

/cleartarget
So the macro target the nearest enemy (wing/arm), cast raptor strike, and cancel the target. I assume I can hard coded "/target Mutated Corruptions" as the last line, but I prefer something more generic. Is there an option that the last line will target me back to the target I was aiming at before I clicked this macro?
The enemy chosen by "/targetenemy" can be complicated. For example, it will primarily target an enemy in a cone in front of you. However if your camera is coming from behind the arm, for example, it may target the arm even if your toon is not facing it. In any case, the macro should almost work. The "/targetlasttarget" retargets to the corruption (assuming it was your last target), but then you clear the target. Just delete that last "/cleartarget" line. Other techniques might be more reliable though: make the arm/wing your focus as you land on the platform and then just using "/cast [@focus]Raptor Strike"; keep your pet on the arm/wing and use "/cast [@pet-target]Raptor Strike"; or replace "/targetenemy" with explicitly targeting the arm, etc.
/cleartarget

/tar arm tentacle

/tar [noexists]wing tentacle

/use [exists]Raptor Strike

/targetlasttarget

The above clears the target so that the macro can detect whether it successfully targeted your desired target (using no/exists). It then tries to target the arm; if that doesn't work it tries to target the wing. Only if it managed to target one of the two, it casts raptor strike. Finally, it sets the target back to your original target (since we targeted at most one other creature, lasttarget is what you had before cleartarget).

Can anyone help me with this macro? I can't get the shift modifier to work.

/cast [@target] Holy Prism; [mod:shift, @targettarget] Holy Prism

Can anyone help me with this macro? I can't get the shift modifier to work.

/cast [@target] Holy Prism; [mod:shift, @targettarget] Holy Prism

The first case is unconditional so it always happens. You want to exchange the order of the cases.

/cast [mod:shift, @targettarget] Holy Prism; [@target] Holy Prism

One can trim the macro down in length like this:

/cast [mod:shift, @targettarget][@target] Holy Prism

im trying to make a macro that casts trinket/human racial when i am stunned, feared, etc.

i know its possible to modify macros with stances for things like stealth and stance number 1,2,3,etc (/cast [stealth] ravage) but is there a mod option for when you are stunned or feared and such?

is there a mod option for when you are stunned or feared and such?

No. Rule of thumb is you can't have macros make decisions for you, and why would you want to?

well what i was trying to achieve was a macro that uses Emancipate when i am slowed or snared, and when i am in a state that wont allow me to use emancipate to use my human racial. reason being is im running out of easy-to-reach keys to assign it.

is there a condition or modifier for when a spell fails to cast?

well what i was trying to achieve was a macro that uses Emancipate when i am slowed or snared, and when i am in a state that wont allow me to use emancipate to use my human racial. reason being is im running out of easy-to-reach keys to assign it.

is there a condition or modifier for when a spell fails to cast?

No. Rule of thumb is you can't have macros make decisions for you, and why would you want to?

Is there a way to get a macro to recognize buff stacks? Example, if I have 9 stacks of tigereye brew, don't cast. If I have 10 stacks, cast.