Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zakalwe

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest - Warlock specific analysis

88 posts in this topic

Well you forgot to remove the ticks from Burning Embers which don't trigger procs, but even without them it's a little less than 8.75% and it's still below the theorical proc rate.

Well you forgot to remove the ticks from Burning Embers which don't trigger procs, but even without them it's a little less than 8.75% and it's still below the theorical proc rate.

You're right. I assumed Burning Embers does proc it, since the spell does show as originating from the warlock, but playing with WoL's Expression Editor, I can't see a single such proc.

I've done two separate tests on live of about 2000 ticks as Affliction and I got 8.7% and 8.9%.

Methodology:

Go to training dummies in SW. Reset recount. Rotate around the training dummy circle applying BoA, UA and corr for about 5 min. Add up the # of ticks for each divide by wrath.

I've done two separate tests on live of about 2000 ticks as Affliction and I got 8.7% and 8.9%.

Methodology:

Go to training dummies in SW. Reset recount. Rotate around the training dummy circle applying BoA, UA and corr for about 5 min. Add up the # of ticks for each divide by wrath.

Your numbers are in-line with mine, and both are significantly below ones assumed by SimulationCraft.

While I definitely would like for the latter to be true, it seems that it may not be. Surely other people have extensive testing - can we see some results?

It definitely looks like it's back down to half its original proc chance rather than two thirds. I'd like to see a few more tests, particularly tests involving other classes, before I change it in the sim though.

It definitely looks like it's back down to half its original proc chance rather than two thirds. I'd like to see a few more tests, particularly tests involving other classes, before I change it in the sim though.

I take this back - I've reviewed multiple logs from various classes/specs and I haven't found a single one that conclusively indicates a lowered proc rate. On the contrary, most of them line up very well with the theory that the nerf ended up lowering the chance by a third.

If you can show me more logs with significantly lower proc rates, please post them here or in a PM to me - unless I see more I'll assume the logs/tests referenced above are simply "bad luck" outliers.

Thanks for looking into this Zakalwe. I will consolidate all of my logs sometime in this week of raiding, and will post them here as a whole, with total numbers.

Went through our day of wipes and for my (most of the time - destro)locks I got(wot ticks/dot ticks):

537/5131=10.46%

590/6032=9.78%

669/5895=11.35%

10.53% combined.

For shadow priests:

796/8661=9.19%

669/8089=8.4%

8.81% combined.

For our only moonkin:

545/7559=7.2%

Can't say about our mage's procrate, as I'm not sure what spells proc what. ;)

Went through our day of wipes and for my (most of the time - destro)locks I got(wot ticks/dot ticks):

537/5131=10.46%

590/6032=9.78%

669/5895=11.35%

10.53% combined.

I got similar results for our night of raiding.

542/5189 = 10.445172%

Has anyone tested whether or not the staff can proc from a trinket dmg proc such as [iTEM]Cunning of the Cruel[/iTEM]

It doesn't proc from either VPLC or CoC unless something changed since two weeks ago when I personally confirmed it did not with a friend. I was under the impression this was common knowlege.