Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moop

Patch 4.3 - Warlock Discussion

76 posts in this topic

PTR 14899 : (destro) Cataclysm now increases Fire spell damage by 25%, down from 30%.

PTR 28/10 : (pet) The Voidwalker ability Suffering now works like the hunter pet talent Taunt.

I guess the cataclysm nerf should put destro down to around 36,2 - 36,4k again. Making it clearly the worst specc of them al. On another note there has been reports that corruption has recieved an 8% stealth nerf on the PTR. Guess we will have to test if this is the case cause this will bring down all warlock speccs.

I guess the cataclysm nerf should put destro down to around 36,2 - 36,4k again. Making it clearly the worst specc of them al. On another note there has been reports that corruption has recieved an 8% stealth nerf on the PTR. Guess we will have to test if this is the case cause this will bring down all warlock speccs.

Just tested corruption got the exact same hits on both live and PTR.

I noted this in the simcraft thread, but they made Shadow Embrace effect Bane of Doom and the 12% more damage from Deaths Embrace is now starting at 25% instead of 35%.

Incinerate on the PTR seems to do a lot more damage than in simulationcraft.

Was it buff ?

Simulating 10mn DPS on a dummy boss with my gear gives me an average hit of 13644 and an average crit of 28984.

But on the PTR, while my soul fires and conflagrates hits for the sames values than the simulation, my incinerates are hitting for ~ 15850 and critting for 33400, which is a nice +16% dmg.

Anyone can confirm this ?

So I'm trying to figure something out. Originally it was (for demonology spec) the t13 2pc would boost your summon time by 45 sec and 15 sec for non-demonology and now it's 20 sec for demonology and 30 for non-demonology? Am I getting this correctly? Was there any talk of why the change and why all of the sudden instead of demonology getting a benefit it's now being penalized?

In what way is it getting penalized? It's ptr stuff which usually gets changed. Demonology doomguards are already superior because of mastery so to me it just makes sense that demonology would get a shorter buff duration to them then the other specs. They are still getting 20 seconds added on, which in no way is being penalized.

"To put under a disadvantage or handicap." By the very definition of the word, it is getting penalized 10 seconds. Yes, it's PTR, stuff will get changed but to go from 45 seconds buff to 20 seconds while others are going from 15 to 30 is rather drastic. Yes, doomguards are doing a tone of damage right now but that's why they're fixing it, right?

According to the most recent 4.3.0 simcraft results, the doomgaurd does 12304 dps while active for demonology and 6389/6345 for afflction/destruction. Ignoring the cooldown component of the set bonus, the 2 pc gives demo 246k extra damage (12034*20) while affliction and destro get about 192k extra damage. In no way is demo being penalized with this set bonus. In fact, as it stands demo gains the most from the 2 pc bonus.

Thank you Zyvix, I appreciate the hard numbers run down :) glad to see them too. I guess I'm just dissapointed in the reduction of the coolness factor of having a second demon out with me for almost 2 minutes

Incinerate on the PTR seems to do a lot more damage than in simulationcraft.

Was it buff ?

Simulating 10mn DPS on a dummy boss with my gear gives me an average hit of 13644 and an average crit of 28984.

But on the PTR, while my soul fires and conflagrates hits for the sames values than the simulation, my incinerates are hitting for ~ 15850 and critting for 33400, which is a nice +16% dmg.

Anyone can confirm this ?

I've found a similar difference between 422-3 live and PTR destro tests, same stats, no proc items equipped, same spec. From what I saw it was just Incinerate.

With 5280 SP I was getting 6540 hit average on simulationcraft and 8000 average on PTR dummies. This was on PTR after the patch that scaled back Cataclysm to 25%.

Can't explain the difference and between work and having to do 3 clears of Firelands + PTR bosses I didn't have much time to actually figure stuff out. If someone else could help test I would appreciate it.

â—¦[Fire and Brimstone] now increases the damage of [incinerate] and [Chaos Bolt] on Immolated targets by 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%.

That should explain the difference.

That change is implemented for the PTR simulations though, so it wouldn't explain a discrepancy if you're simulating with ptr=1.

Actually, looks like they finally made incinerate work the way the tooltip always said: On the PTR, the additional 1/6th of the damage which is added when immolate is up on the target now scales with your spell power. It's never done that before, it's just been a flat 1/6th of the base damage.

on the t13-2p bonus.

In my opinion the change is a step in the right way, however a DMG Burst with 6 Minutes CD is still problematic.

Warlocks surely have a problem with burst dmg and the demon could be a way out of it....

At least one Problem seems to be fixed: after a wipe (and the next pull) the demon seems now to be ready again....

on the t13-2p bonus.

At least one Problem seems to be fixed: after a wipe (and the next pull) the demon seems now to be ready again....

So they made it work like Bloodlust/Heroism? I haven't been on PTR in about two weeks so I haven't seen the cooldown reset like you're describing it

So they made it work like Bloodlust/Heroism? I haven't been on PTR in about two weeks so I haven't seen the cooldown reset like you're describing it

• 2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [20|30] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (20 for Demonology, 30 for non-Demonology.)

So the 10mins CD is reduced by 4 mins with the setbonus.

What I've meant was, that it's problematic to time a 6min. CD.

From what I have been reading in various forums, people have opined Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time - Item - World of Warcraft as the next BiS for locks. I am curious how useful Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind - Item - World of Warcraft will be, especially in terms of demonology. From what I have read the dot procs decently often giving the felhunter another dot for shadowbite to work off of.

From what I have been reading in various forums, people have opined Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time - Item - World of Warcraft as the next BiS for locks. I am curious how useful Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind - Item - World of Warcraft will be, especially in terms of demonology. From what I have read the dot procs decently often giving the felhunter another dot for shadowbite to work off of.

I would imagine that the latter would be huge in pvp especially in rated bg's; whereas, the former would be best for pve (boss fights). I am curious as to the mechanic at which it picks which people recieve the 435 haste buff. Is it the 3 closest? If so, this might change up mechanics as far as grouping is concerned for raids (mages, warlocks, etc in one group). Also, does it stack if multiple players wield the staff? Some interesting experiments will follow these questions I'm sure.

I would imagine that the latter would be huge in pvp especially in rated bg's; whereas, the former would be best for pve (boss fights). I am curious as to the mechanic at which it picks which people recieve the 435 haste buff. Is it the 3 closest? If so, this might change up mechanics as far as grouping is concerned for raids (mages, warlocks, etc in one group). Also, does it stack if multiple players wield the staff? Some interesting experiments will follow these questions I'm sure.

Based on a lot of testing, I've determined that it is not obvious how it picks its targets within 20 yds. While testing it on the dummies, I provided people outside of my group with the buff. And even more importantly, while in a raid group, the staff appeared to provide the buff to everything from players to guardians (Mirror images and Ebon imps included).

Based on a lot of testing, I've determined that it is not obvious how it picks its targets within 20 yds. While testing it on the dummies, I provided people outside of my group with the buff. And even more importantly, while in a raid group, the staff appeared to provide the buff to everything from players to guardians (Mirror images and Ebon imps included).

Wow, I never would have imagined that it would extend the buff to pets/people not in the raid group. Seems kind of uncontrollable from what you are telling me. So here's the questiong that's been racking my brain for the past day or so. Which is going to be better, the Legendary staff or Ti'tahk, the steps of time? Considering that some warlocks are hitting the soft haste cap while in raids already (30%), what good does the proc off of the 416 staff do for you? I realize that it may be more of a raid buff than a proc for those warlocks that are at the soft cap, but other than that, aside from the added stam, the 416 only has 5 more intellect (with current gems) than the Legendary. I might add that when 4.3 hits, this also means that we will be seeing epic gems, which will most likely make the Legendary staff have more Intellect than this 416 staff. On top of all of this, if you are one of those warlocks at the soft cap, the Legendary proc seems to be more of a dps increase than anything (keeping in mind that they nerfed the proc rate). Curious as to the testing and/or some others' thoughts on this. Oh and before I get nailed on this, yes the 416 staff has 539 more Spell power, but will this overcome the proc/ intellect with epic gems on the Legendary?

Actually, looks like they finally made incinerate work the way the tooltip always said: On the PTR, the additional 1/6th of the damage which is added when immolate is up on the target now scales with your spell power. It's never done that before, it's just been a flat 1/6th of the base damage.

Is this confirmed?

Is this confirmed?

If Zakalwe said it, and he's put it into SimCraft, it's close enough to confirmation for me...

The OP should be updated to reflect that the 2pc T13 bonus is giving 30 seconds to guardians and it is NOT matching the tooltip on the PTR. I did notice, however, that as demonology the doomguard died after 90 seconds instead of 94 as the tooltip would imply.