Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sinnaa

Cataclysm 4.3.x Raid Mechanics

349 posts in this topic

Updated through to here. Keep the info coming and I will keep the updates happening. If you notice something is wrong or not listed, please add your thoughts. There may just be little to say about zozz and yor, because I can't really think of anything else that is important to say.

Just a heads up for Ultraxion. If you change specs during his monologue you lose access to the survival button.

I've been starting fights as Assassination, hitting Vendetta, and then hopping over to combat (usually buys me about 10-20 seconds of the Vendetta buff) but if you do that here, you'll just die horribly on Fading Light.

Even using the /click ExtraActionButton1 macro fails since it appears the button is just no longer in existence.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that your timing to cloak Hour doesn't have to be terribly precise. On an early attempt Recount was killing my FPS, so I hit Cloak with about 1-3 seconds left until Hour and I was able to completely resist it. I didn't try cloaking Fading Light however,

Clarifying that on Madness of Deathwing you can't use Killing Spree on the Mutated Corruptions (it just won't let you) but everything else in the fight is fine. Also the Elementium Bolt damage is Cloak resistable and not just immunable which is a pleasant change from previous tiers.

Madness of Deathwing

-You cannot attack the hands from the back, you must be in front of them.

Not sure what you mean by this. I was able to garrote and backstab the Deathwing's tendrils and the corruption tentacle from pretty much every angle.

Looking through Skada, I also don't see any dodges with only 110 expertise. I could be wrong on that count, though.

Warlord Zon'Ozz (10man normal):

You can cloak the debuff (disrupting shadows) and it will do no dmg, but still knock you back.

You can cloak the aoe and be immune ~

As far as I know, Ultraxion gets missed normally. However, on Madness of Deathwing it does appear to be the major targets of the fight - the Arm and Wing tentacles, the Mutated Corruptions, and Deathwing himself - cannot be missed, while the other targets of the fight can be.

Its also worth noting that the arm/wing tentacles, unlike Ultraxion, can be Backstabbed.

-Can Killing spree the tendons

-Can shadowstep the tendons, but doing so teleports you to the rear of his back

Interestingly enough, I was teleported to the rear of his back at the end of a killing spree on tuesday. Has anyone experienced this?

Interestingly enough, I was teleported to the rear of his back at the end of a killing spree on tuesday. Has anyone experienced this?

Confirmed, I had this happen to me today on the third armor plate. It teleported me to the back as well.

Did you guys have any additional adds up? I was able to KS the tendons without any issue, though my KS at one point did teleport me to a blood towards the back.

Confirmed, I had this happen to me today on the third armor plate. It teleported me to the back as well.

This also happened to me. It is different than what was happening on the PTR. I will update accordingly.

Not sure what you mean by this. I was able to garrote and backstab the Deathwing's tendrils and the corruption tentacle from pretty much every angle.

Looking through Skada, I also don't see any dodges with only 110 expertise. I could be wrong on that count, though.

I mean that if you are towards the malestrom, it will not let you attack the MAIN tentacle (aka deathwings arms).

Couple of observations for discussion.

Madness of Deathwing

Feint doesn't work on the Blistering Tentacle's Blistering Heat

The blast from Elementium Bolt can't be cloaked, but the following pulse damage can

Crush from Mutated Corruptions can be both Feinted and cloaked

Killing Spree attacks the leg from the front on Ysera and Nozdormu platforms, but teleports you behind and up in the air at Alexstrasza and Kalecgos (relevant when Regenerative Blood spawns)

When Blade Flurrying, both hits seem to benefit from Spell-Weaving

My guild had a few attempts at Madness of Deathwing last night and we chose to do the Alexstraza platform last, but we struggled to keep up with the DPS requirement on her platform without the aid of Kalecgos.

We are going back in tonight and are thinking of trying the Alexstraza platform third and Kalecgos platform last. Did anyone get a chance to see if blade flurry worked on the blistering tentacles (only when Alexstraza platform isn't last)?

Blade flurry does not work off the main tentacle onto the Blisterings from what I saw, but it does work the other way around (i.e. DPS the Blistering, flurry onto the limb). Kalecgos last seemed to produce much better results for our raid than Alexstrasza.

Before clearing Noz's platform, you can bladeflurry from the main tentacle to the Elementium Bolt

Before clearing Noz's platform, you can bladeflurry from the main tentacle to the Elementium Bolt

And after clearing it you can BF from the Mutated Corruption (if it is still up) onto the Elementium Bolt.

Is anyone else finding that when on spine when you leave combo points on the amalgamations then redirect to the tendon, the combo points will go but your BG state wont go? is this a bug or working as intended?

Are you redirecting from the recently-dead Amalgamation? Or one that is currently alive? It's possible that once a target is recently dead, even though the CP's still exist for a few seconds, BG is wiping instantly.

Clarifying that on Madness of Deathwing you can't use Killing Spree on the Mutated Corruptions (it just won't let you) but everything else in the fight is fine. Also the Elementium Bolt damage is Cloak resistable and not just immunable which is a pleasant change from previous tiers.

I didn't seem to be able to use KS on Deathwing in the final phase, would have to test again as I just used it on his adds there every try after that.

As of Thursday I was able to Killing Spree in phase 2 of Madness of Deathwing. However, there was no jumping/animation involved, I just stood still for 2.5 seconds and the ability went on cooldown, presuming that I did damage with it.

As of Thursday I was able to Killing Spree in phase 2 of Madness of Deathwing. However, there was no jumping/animation involved, I just stood still for 2.5 seconds and the ability went on cooldown, presuming that I did damage with it.

The same thing happened with Ph4 Rag. Just because the ability went and CD and the visual/sound effect went off, doesn't mean it worked - Check logs.

The same thing happened with Ph4 Rag. Just because the ability went and CD and the visual/sound effect went off, doesn't mean it worked - Check logs.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

My recent log from 02/12/2011, looking at Deathwing's damage taken:

Killing Spree 26818 0.1 % 5 5363.6 26818

Killing Spree Off-Hand 22439 0.1 % 5 4487.8 22439

So it definitely did damage in my case.

When I was there, Killing Spree...

flawlessly worked on the arm tentacles; on some platforms I got ported behind them, on some I didn't

wasn't usable on the wing tentacles at all

flawlessly worked on the Elementium Bolts, doing all hits onto them

flawlessly worked on Deathwing in P2, keeping me safe at the side

flawlessly worked on the P2 adds

Blade Flurry worked everywhere besides from the arm tentacles to the small blistering tentacles (they're immune to all AoE seemingly including all cleaves), however it works the other way round like stated in the main post.

It's especially useful to cleave the elementals in P2 and cleave tentacles spawning close to Deathwing while still DPSing him.

Edit:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here or in another Rogue thread but since it's not in the main post:

I can confirm that all tentacles and Deathwing himself (every enemy that can be backstabbed from all sides) cannot be missed by auto-attacks, thus you may want to reforge all your hit to other stats.