Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carebare

Mists of Pandaria: All Specs

231 posts in this topic

The reason you do not see SrS in the SV opening sequence Bitterst came up with is because you should apply Serpent Sting with Multi-Shot as you got plenty of focus to do that at that point.

I don't know what you mean about not seeing Serpent Sting in there, I see it as the first ability used in BM and MM.

I was strictly talking about the SV set... and applying SrS with Multi on a raid boss seems to be inefficient use of focus.

*Edit* I saw what you are talking about the multishot portion in the spoiler... but is it worth it to use Multi shot on a single target boss vs serpent sting?

I was strictly talking about the SV set... and applying SrS with Multi on a raid boss seems to be inefficient use of focus.

*Edit* I saw what you are talking about the multishot portion in the spoiler... but is it worth it to use Multi shot on a single target boss vs serpent sting?

Remember that MS now applies a full SrS. Hence, it provides the full SrS damage that a SrS alone would do plus the MS damage to the single target. Hence, for 15 extra focus you get the additional damage from MS added to your SrS damage.

Considering that at the start of the fight you are getting extra focus from RF and DBx2 that the extra 15 focus is not really a big deal, especially if used when you get your first LnL since you know that the first focus free ES will more than regen that additional cost.

Remember that MS now applies a full SrS. Hence, it provides the full SrS damage that a SrS alone would do plus the MS damage to the single target. Hence, for 15 extra focus you get the additional damage from MS added to your SrS damage.

Considering that at the start of the fight you are getting extra focus from RF and DBx2 that the extra 15 focus is not really a big deal, especially if used when you get your first LnL since you know that the first focus free ES will more than regen that additional cost.

I haven't been using Dire Beast as from the femaledwarf it has a lower DPS yield, and I've read several forums about how there is a delay in attacks, and when the boss moves that also is also a minus in DPS. Fervor is what I'm using right now.

I haven't been using Dire Beast as from the femaledwarf it has a lower DPS yield, and I've read several forums about how there is a delay in attacks, and when the boss moves that also is also a minus in DPS. Fervor is what I'm using right now.

I'm not sure that I have much confidence in your sim results as general consensus has been that DB is the highest dps talent in that tier, both in terms of the simulator and real world expectations. It is absolutely true that real world DB sometimes (but not always) underperforms theoretical expectations, and research into that is ongoing. But the attack delay you have read about (perhaps including my own posts on it) doesn't ever drop more than 1 attack in realistic circumstances. If you're firing DB at a time where extensive boss movement / phase changes drop more attacks than the 0-1 lost to the initial delay bug or pathing twitch, you're using it wrong.

Meanwhile, the difference between MS and direct Serpent application is mostly moot. But during DB (or, sure, Fervor), it's a race to avoid focus capping anyway, and the extra damage from MS can be re-imagined as a 60% weapon hit, off GCD, for 15 focus. Which is good -- we'd use that button if it was a real power. If encounter mechanics make MS suboptimal, or the energy cost really bothers you for some reason, that's almost certainly the deviation from optimal behavior that would have the least real-world impact.

I am not sure what the bug with TotH has been, but I've seen it trigger from KC plenty of times. Regardless, I am pretty sure that the simming that has beendone has not been taking into account that TotH may not have been proccing as it should, so the sims don't change.

TotH is a nice soloing and questing tool, but when you need a rotation, it just doesn't pack that big of a punch single target since it can only be used on AS, and the difference isn't that big from the coS we would have been shooting anyway.

On the other hand DB is more focus, and more dpct than a lost AS or half a lost CoS.