Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carebare

Mists of Pandaria: All Specs

231 posts in this topic

Just a small correction: Hunter's Mark is 10% increased ranged damage, not attackpower.

Just a small correction: Hunter's Mark is 10% increased ranged damage, not attackpower.

It is 5%

Level 75 talents:

Murder of Crows--summons crows to attack over 30 seconds, 1 min CD, reset if target under 20%

Call Beast--summons a beast to fight for you, does damage and returns focus over 12 seconds, 30 sec CD

Lynx Rush--Your pet rapidly charges from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec, dealing its normal attack damage to each target. 2 min CD

Level 75 talents became now BM centric. Lynx rush I guess is like same mechanic of Lynx rush for the final boss in ZA which make him pounce from target to target but without the bleed and stun effect.

Edit: I found a video for tier 75 talents MoP Beta Hunter T5 Talents - YouTube

Call Best currently does not have a cooldown.

From the quick bit of testing I did, I found with Call Beast you can just macro it with cobra shot and spam it. You end up with multiple beasts attacking a target for the same regular melee swing damage as a non BM pet (it stays at that kinda damge even if you are BM spec'ed and they are not effected by Beastial Wrath). For me this was about 2.5k to 3k damage non crit and 5k+ on crits

Call Best currently does not have a cooldown.

From the quick bit of testing I did, I found with Call Beast you can just macro it with cobra shot and spam it. You end up with multiple beasts attacking a target for the same regular melee swing damage as a non BM pet (it stays at that kinda damge even if you are BM spec'ed and they are not effected by Beastial Wrath). For me this was about 2.5k to 3k damage non crit and 5k+ on crits

More than likely a bug and you should report it as such.

I noticed a small but relevant tooltip change on the MoP wowhead site

Current Kill Command:

Kill Command - Spell - World of Warcraft

New Kill Command:

Kill Command - Spell - World of Warcraft

(you have to click the links, the tooltips are showing as the same thing)

The change is:

The pet must be in combat and within 5 yards of the target to Kill Command.

range increase to:

The pet must be within 25 yards of the target to Kill Command.

Should be nice to help solve some of the pet bugginess that plagues BM raiding.

Question...

With the changes to KC and the addition of BeastCleave, is mastery looking like a better stat for BM now (in MoP that is)?

Question...

With the changes to KC and the addition of BeastCleave, is mastery looking like a better stat for BM now (in MoP that is)?

Its really too early to tell how stats are going to be valued compared to eachother. As to the changes to KC, I don't see them affecting the value of mastery as it is more a quality of life change (in the last iteration I've seen) as the current pretty good mastery value assumes that the pet is close enough to use KC anyway.

Beastcleave should benefit from mastery the way it reads, and is most directly comparable to Serpent Spread, and will probably end up doing around the same extra damage per mastery. All in all, I don't think these 2 abilities does anything really great for mastery as a stat, but they don't diminish the value of it either.

I've been doing some mechanics testing to prepare for updating my site for MoP and I thought some folks would want the data I've collected thus far. Note that all this testing was done based on the current beta patch as of June 23rd and could change in future patches. Note that these ability notes are primarily focused on damage to the primary target- some of these abilities also do damage to other targets but I wasn't testing those mechanics.

Level 75 talents:

• A Murder of Crows:
    • 8 crows spawn, approximately 2 seconds apart, they seem to attack roughly every 2 seconds and despawn in about 14 seconds. Doesn't seem to scale with haste
    • The average total crow attacks seems to be 60 although it varies slightly
    • Each crow hit seems to be roughly: RAP * .1142 + 4987.05
    • If you use readiness to reset and cast again during the duration, it doesn't stack properly- you end up with only about 2 additional crows if you recast it right away (which ended in about 76 crow attacks total)
    • Uses GCD

[*]Dire Beast:

• The beast usually does 7 attacks, but sometimes only 6. Doesn't seem to scale with haste
    • Each pet attack is roughly: RAP * 0.5715 + 1246.5
    • Readiness properly works with this ability, you get a 2nd beast which functions just like the first
    • Uses GCD

[*]Lynx Rush:

• 9 pet melee swings at the normal damage amount
    • Uses GCD

Level 90 talents:

• Glaive Toss:
    • 2 glaives hit the primary target, doing (RAP * 0.05 + 218.102) * 8 dmg each
    • No GCD

[*]Powershot:

• 400% normalized weapon damage
    • 3 sec cast, suppresses autoshot

[*]Barrage:

• 16 ticks of damage on the primary target, totalling 400% non-normalized weapon damage
    • 3 sec channeled ability, suppresses autoshot

Pet changes:

• Pets now scale 100% with the hunter RAP and no longer gain AP from their own stats
  • Pets no longer get the historical 25% damage bonus left over from happiness or the historical 5% damage bonus that was left in when pet families stopped providing different damage bonuses in BC
  • Bite/claw/smack formula appears to be roughly RAP * 0.36 + 329

Other notes:

• Multishot is now normalized

If you need more data Rivkah, please do ask for it - personally I'm not doing much in the beta because I don't know what to really do currently and I've had a lot of time to kill lately, so please do tell. I'm sure there are others that would be happy to contribute data too (after all, we all kinda depend on your site to a large extent)

I've been doing some mechanics testing to prepare for updating my site for MoP ...

Your timing is perfect; I'm just now getting a little bit of time to spend on SimulationCraft. A note on your Murder of Crows data: it sounds like DoT mechanics: a new crow is spawned at each tick of the "DoT", and recasting (via Readiness) completes the next tick and "extends" the DoT with the new duration.

Glyphs, with there current state in mind, does provide some nice possibilities to dodge boss mechanics:

Glyph of Distracting Shot: Your Distracting Shot now distracts the target to attack your pet instead of you.

Glyph of Endless Wrath: While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.

I don't can test the Beta and would question if someone can check if distracting shot effects the encounter. If they are distractable there would be plenty of opportunities for bm hunter to dodge boss mechanics.

You haven't been able to 'taunt' a boss with distracting shot for a while now. I think they ninja fixed/changed it around the time Adept killed Halfus by ping-pong kiting drakes with distracting shot.

I would be surprised if distracting shot worked on the Beta/Mop.

I made a little chart with an overview over which hunter pets bring which raid buffs and debuffs in MoP.

This is as of 28/06 beta (build 15781) and as with everything else on the beta, subject to change.

5YbIX.png

Thats a nice chart, it does look a bit odd that we cannot bring the AP buff as only 1 of 2 we cannot bring. Not being able to bring spell haste makes sense enough for me since we benefit nought from it - can you check whether the AP buff still exists (I won't have time to update, log on and check myself until sometime in the middle of next week)

Edit: yes, of course, TSA is a hunter skill, no need for it to be a pet skill.

Thats a nice chart, it does look a bit odd that we cannot bring the AP buff as only 1 of 2 we cannot bring. Not being able to bring spell haste makes sense enough for me since we benefit nought from it - can you check whether the AP buff still exists (I won't have time to update, log on and check myself until sometime in the middle of next week)

Are you referring to Trueshot Aura? That's being turned into a Hunter skill, not just MM, and should always be present.

I didn't see any benefit from BM mastery on Dire Beast or Murder of Crows, but obviously it does benefit Lynx Rush. It's worth noting that Lynx Rush can be stacked with Rabid and Bestial Wrath, and I've seen both white attacks and focus dumps in between LR attacks. Despite that, Lynx Rush still looks weak compared to the other two in the long term, although it has the best burst damage by far if that ends up being important (probably for PVP and maybe some boss with short burst windows).

I'm trying to collect updated level 90 base stats for each hunter race for my site updates. If folks who are in beta can help me get the data I'd appreciate it. I need every race except dwarf (which is 212 agil, 152 stam, 148531 health).

All you need to do is get naked on beta on a level 90 hunter, then send me your agil, stam and health numbers and the race you got them on- make sure you don't have any buffs on which might throw the numbers off. Send me a PM with the data if you can.

BTW I also verified that we still suffer from a base -1.532% crit chance and at 90 our base RAP not counting agil and buffs is 160.

I'm trying to collect updated level 90 base stats for each hunter race for my site updates. If folks who are in beta can help me get the data I'd appreciate it. I need every race except dwarf (which is 212 agil, 152 stam, 148531 health).

All you need to do is get naked on beta on a level 90 hunter, then send me your agil, stam and health numbers and the race you got them on- make sure you don't have any buffs on which might throw the numbers off. Send me a PM with the data if you can.

BTW I also verified that we still suffer from a base -1.532% crit chance and at 90 our base RAP not counting agil and buffs is 160.

Already done:

sc_extra_data.inc - simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting for base attributes and sc_extra_data.inc - simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting for base race attributes ( add them together ).

Health: sc_scale_data.inc - simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting

Thank you for the pointer to this data, it was a big help.

However I'm either reading this wrong or the data has the wrong base hunter health. It looks to be listing base hunter health as 146663, with the addition of 14 health per stamina. As a dwarf my base stamina is 152 at level 90. So for this to match up my base health with no gear should be 148791. However when I am wearing no gear my base health is actually coming up as 148531 (a difference of 260). Putting all my gear on, I have 9953 stamina, so I would expect to have 286005 health, but I'm seeing 285745 health, a difference again of 260. So is there a piece to the formula I'm missing or is the data for base hunter health incorrect (or possibly just out of date)?

Thank you for the pointer to this data, it was a big help.

However I'm either reading this wrong or the data has the wrong base hunter health. It looks to be listing base hunter health as 146663, with the addition of 14 health per stamina. As a dwarf my base stamina is 152 at level 90. So for this to match up my base health with no gear should be 148791. However when I am wearing no gear my base health is actually coming up as 148531 (a difference of 260). Putting all my gear on, I have 9953 stamina, so I would expect to have 286005 health, but I'm seeing 285745 health, a difference again of 260. So is there a piece to the formula I'm missing or is the data for base hunter health incorrect (or possibly just out of date)?

The first 20 stamina in WoW have always only been giving 1 Health / Stamina.

So 146663 + ( 152 - 20 ) * 14 + 20 * 1 = 148531