Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carebare

Mists of Pandaria: All Specs

27 posts in this topic

I wouldn't pay much attention to actual numbers yet (such as spirit shell being 3 sec cast for 1/3rd the absorption of PW:S)

I'm actually thinking that might be intended. According to the calculator, Disc gets Spirit Shell at level 28. Holy gets regular Heal at level 28. Disc doesn't get normal Heal - Spirit Shell may be Disc's small mana efficient "heal".

I'm actually thinking that might be intended. According to the calculator, Disc gets Spirit Shell at level 28. Holy gets regular Heal at level 28. Disc doesn't get normal Heal - Spirit Shell may be Disc's small mana efficient "heal".

Assuming Spirit Shell's absorption effect draws on Disc's mastery, it makes the bread & butter heal more appropriately flavored to Disc as a spec. Given that, if the post-shell heal can crit, it can proc DA. In one spell, Blizzard has given crit and mastery similar importance from a stat standpoint.

Clearly, a redesign is in the cards for Holy Nova. When it comes to AE healing, Disc has given up every tool but Nova, so seeing how that plays out will certainly be interesting. However, something Kaivax said on the official forums stuck out to me. If priests in general have too many AE heals, and Holy will have PoH, CoH, and HW:Sanctuary, in addition to the big Divine Hymn CD, AND their stated intention is for PoH to be Holy's equivalent to Disc's revamped Holy Nova, it makes me think that Holy's losing CoH.

Also, in another thread, Kaivax revealed that Atonement is getting made into a glyph. Makes it available to Holy priests, which is good, but if a glyph is going to be that kind of big game-changer, there's no telling what other manner of glyphs are going to play into the build of the class.