Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carebare

Mists of Pandaria: All Specs

73 posts in this topic

Otherwise, now's the time to start sounding off that we want changes made pronto. Personally I intend on making numerous posts demanding we don't lose TC, I've come to love that filler/mana return too much.

The problem with TC is that it gives a mana return that is effected by Int. From what I understand, the new MoP model is to have int not effect mana size or regen at all.

The problem with TC is that it gives a mana return that is effected by Int. From what I understand, the new MoP model is to have int not effect mana size or regen at all.

This could be solved by making TC return mana based on a percentage of your spirit, although this would make it undoubtedly less powerful than it is now, simply because it would scale with your regen stats, as opposed to your throughput stats. Still, I'd miss the utility if it was taken away. The combination of it and Glyph of Unleashed Lightning fills a gap in resto's toolset quite nicely.

Some potential Stat changes were posted yesterday. For Enhancement, the most relevant one is this:

"Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry."

Assuming I'm reading that right, this is likely the answer to the question of "But, what about the 8 Expertise from Unleashed Rage", and similar talents in other specs, that existed to counterbalance the need to also Spell Hit cap and chewed up itemization points on gear. Using Cata numbers, this means we'd want Hit to just about 960 and then the normal 781 Expertise to be spell capped. That would likely result in reduced white damage from lower melee hit under DW, but hopefully be counterbalanced by the ability to pick up more of other useful stats as at least the 541 Expertise in the item budget we'd currently need to cap both will be freed up.

This combined with 2 other things ghostcrawler said in his blogpost sems to show that getting spellhit capped in MOP will be extremely easy for us (since we are now the only class that needs to, rogue poisons now go off melee hit.) Thoe things are: hit will now serve both purposes, which may mean that spirit weapons will now give us spellhit, and the small percentage drop needed to hit a +3 mob down to 15%. This makes me wonder if all we will need in MOP to reach spellhit cap wll be gettting melee capped and expertise capped!

This combined with 2 other things ghostcrawler said in his blogpost sems to show that getting spellhit capped in MOP will be extremely easy for us (since we are now the only class that needs to, rogue poisons now go off melee hit.) Thoe things are: hit will now serve both purposes, which may mean that spirit weapons will now give us spellhit, and the small percentage drop needed to hit a +3 mob down to 15%. This makes me wonder if all we will need in MOP to reach spellhit cap wll be gettting melee capped and expertise capped!

Hit rating already increases both Spell and Melee hit, just at different rates (changing to the same rate in MoP). Spirit is the only stat that increases only spell hit, and that is due to the way the talent works (which will again no longer apply for enhance in MoP since it's an Elemental-only ability). Spirit weapons are currently completely non-viable for enhance anyway, since 4.3's spellpower/int nerf.

That is exactly what it means, yes. 7.5% hit + 7.5% expertise gives us our 15% spell hit. As a weird side effect, it also means that casters can gem or enchant for expertise to reach their spell hit cap too, tho I'm guessing expertise on gear will only exist on Agility and Strength items.

Also, DKs still use spell hit for Howling Blast and Icy Touch (and some others), so they will be equally affected this.

Telluric Currents will be most likely turned into a glyph, as they announced Atonement for Discipline and Holy Priests will.

I am sorry, I forgot that the ability name was no longer spirit weapons as it was in wrath... the name of the ability is now called Dual Wield, it gives ENH shammies a 6% extra hit chance just for speccing ENH, but in Cata it is only Melee hit. I am hoping that this will change into just plain hit, which would gives us both spell hit AND melee hit. This may or may not occur, since this is merely conjecture at this point. I was not refferring to using spirit type weeapons. Sorry for saying it wrong to start with and causing confusion.

Apparently the lvl 90 talents were in-game when the guys over at WoW Insider played Mists of Pandaria. Copy-pasting their succinct description below (which are kinda useless for speculation without further details):

• One supercharges your Unleash Elements to provide a much better bonus for each imbue type.
  • Another removes the cooldown on your Fire and Earth Elemental Totems and allows you to control them.
  • And the last is a blast of elemental energy in a cone on a 15-second cooldown.

MMO-Champion just did a round up of new glyphs and one of them that stands out as something "new" was "Glyph of Capacitor Totem" to reduce the charging time. Capacitor Totem does not currently appear to be on the MoP Site beta Talent/Skill Calculator. For the folks in the Beta: is the ability actually in game yet and, if so, is it baseline or a 90 talent, and what does it do?

I already learned it when I logged in and it's not showing up on the trainer so no clue.

Capacitor Totem

1,000 Mana

Instanct Cast - 45 Sec Cooldown

Summons an Air Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that gathers eleectrical energy from the surrounding air and then explodes after 5 seconds to stun all enemies within 8 yards for 5 sec.

Note: It has a cast time that shows the 5 seconds as well.

E: And I think Searing Totem is 40 yards now?!

One more change I noticed, Fortifying Waters has been replaced with Conductivity:

When you cast HW/GHW/HS/LB on a target in your healing rain, allies within it get healed for 20% of the healing/damage done.

I suspect the 20% is split between targets, didn't get a chance to try it since the server kept sending me offline.

Apparently the lvl 90 talents were in-game when the guys over at WoW Insider played Mists of Pandaria. Copy-pasting their succinct description below (which are kinda useless for speculation without further details):

• One supercharges your Unleash Elements to provide a much better bonus for each imbue type.
  • Another removes the cooldown on your Fire and Earth Elemental Totems and allows you to control them.
  • And the last is a blast of elemental energy in a cone on a 15-second cooldown.

It sounds like these were changed slightly in the current beta build:
6]Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

• Elemental Blast is now a 12 second CD but 2 second cast
  • Elemental talent indicates the eles are buffed but not permanent. No indication of what the additional abilities are.
  • Unleash has the various bonuses listed now

I'm interested in if EB will be worth using as Enhance with the cast time. Worst case, I could still see us using it right before Ascendance to stack up the stat bonus (especially if it's smart in choosing which stat).

I'm currently in the beta and the new Echo of Elements is pretty OP with the ele mastery. I'd say mastery might become the highest stat priority. As of right now there is no ICD on the talent or the mastery, so that might change. Nothing beats a bunch of free casts, though. :) Any other questions? Just let me know!

It sounds like these were changed slightly in the current beta build:

6]Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

• Elemental Blast is now a 12 second CD but 2 second cast
  • Elemental talent indicates the eles are buffed but not permanent. No indication of what the additional abilities are.
  • Unleash has the various bonuses listed now

I'm interested in if EB will be worth using as Enhance with the cast time. Worst case, I could still see us using it right before Ascendance to stack up the stat bonus (especially if it's smart in choosing which stat).

You can use your MWx5 to cast EB. The new MW:

Maelstrom Weapon

Requires Melee Weapon

When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you have a chance to reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Nature spell with a base cast time shorter than 10 seconds by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec.

You can use your MWx5 to cast EB. The new MW:

Maelstrom Weapon

Requires Melee Weapon

When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you have a chance to reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Nature spell with a base cast time shorter than 10 seconds by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec.

This only works if the spell is actually classified as a Nature spell.

Anecdotally, the tooltip for Elemental Blast doesn't update to show reduced cast time with Maelstrom Weapon stacks, but I'm not sure if this is an issue with the talent interface not updating to show your stacks or not. We'll find out once we're able to hit 90 in the beta.

This only works if the spell is actually classified as a Nature spell.

Anecdotally, the tooltip for Elemental Blast doesn't update to show reduced cast time with Maelstrom Weapon stacks, but I'm not sure if this is an issue with the talent interface not updating to show your stacks or not. We'll find out once we're able to hit 90 in the beta.

It does, if you hover over the tooltip while you have 0 stacks it shows the normal cast, then again while have any stacks the cast time is changed. At MWx5 its instant.

I was curious how new talent Echo of Elements behave, so I did some testing.

Testing was done with tauren shaman in enhancement spec (with three exceptions) wow beta build 15544 on training dummy lvl 85.

I found that following spells are duplicated:

Lightning bolt

Chain lightning (usually all three hits were duplicated, but sometimes only two of them)

Earth Shock

Frost Shock

Flame Shock (only initial damage)

Lava Burst

Unleash Flame

Healing Surge

Chain Heal (tried only on single target)

Healing Wave (in resto spec)

Riptide (in resto spec)

strangely i couldn't duplicate Unleash Frost and Greater Healing Wave (in resto spec).

Lightning Shield didn't proc, because ICD (I think).

I wasn't able to duplicate Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Unleash Wind and Searing Bolt as well.

I calculated rough proc chance from Lightning Bolt (80 casts) and Earth Shock (50 casts). It seems proc chance is about 36-38 % (very rough due to small sample).

Chain Lightning behaves quite strangely and definitelly requires more testing. From 10 casts i got 7 procs. Usually all three hits were duplicated, but sometimes i got only two more hits. I don't know if problem is in combatlog or in game itself.

Large part of test was recorded and you can see it here

"Chain Lightning behaves quite strangely and definitelly requires more testing. From 10 casts i got 7 procs. Usually all three hits were duplicated, but sometimes i got only two more hits. I don't know if problem is in combatlog or in game itself."

Each point of damage has a 30% chance to proc another Chain Lightning. If Chain Lightning hits a target and runs out of mobs to chain to, then it will only display an extra 2 hits, which is why you are getting only 2 extras.

If only 3 targets are present and Echo procs off hit #2 then it will only have 1 extra mob to hit, try repeating your test with 4 or more targets, and target one in the middle.

I did a few runs through the available 5 man on the beta today, and I noticed that its VERY easy for enhancement to go oom now. With totem twisting, fire nova and tabbing flame shocks I would be sub 10% mana in about 10-15 seconds of sustained AoE/support.

I'm not sure if this is blizzards way of forcing us to be interested in haste, but if our beta mana regen goes live we'll have to look at AoE scenarios a little bit different.

I noticed a few things on my Beta Enhancement Shaman (Build 15589):

- Fire Elemental also spreads Searing Flames debuff on the target it attacks

- Enhancement AOE is pretty crippled as it currently is. My shaman has 20'000 mana - that's 4 Novas if I don't "hardcast" something.

Fire Nova is almost certainly bugged, or else Mental Quickness has an incorrect tooltip. MQ is supposed to reduce the cost of "your instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells" by 75%. Fire Nova's current cost in Enhancement spec is 5140. When you switch to Elemental or Resto and page back to the inactive Enhancement spell list, however, Fire Nova is still listed at 5140, instead of the 20560 it would be if it was previously under the effect of Mental Quickness. (To see this for yourself, switch from Enhancement to Resto or Elemental and check Earth Shock's and Feral Spirit's mana costs before and after.) This means that FN was never under the effect of MQ in the first place, despite meeting all the criteria for it.

Since there's no real indication that they're changing Mental Quickness to exclude Fire Nova, I'm leaning towards 'bug.' Make sure to submit a bug report.

I calculated rough proc chance from Lightning Bolt (80 casts) and Earth Shock (50 casts). It seems proc chance is about 36-38 % (very rough due to small sample).

here

I did some testing by myself to confirm the high proc chance of this talent. I casted 100 LBs, which gave me 8 procs (8% chance therefore). While testing some other mechanics I felt like this 8% should be ok; 37% is way to high.

I also tested how Echo does interact with other mechanics (about 10 min. per mechanic).

I wasn't able to gain a proc, which got duplicated by the Mastery: Elemental Overload (maybe due to the low proc chance: about 4% at my mastery level). Even though I was able to gain LS stacks from Echo procs. DTR duplicates didn't proc the Echo (or vice versa).

Tested on Beta Build: 15589

I did some testing by myself to confirm the high proc chance of this talent. I casted 100 LBs, which gave me 8 procs (8% chance therefore). While testing some other mechanics I felt like this 8% should be ok; 37% is way to high.

I also tested how Echo does interact with other mechanics (about 10 min. per mechanic).

I wasn't able to gain a proc, which got duplicated by the Mastery: Elemental Overload (maybe due to the low proc chance: about 4% at my mastery level). Even though I was able to gain LS stacks from Echo procs. DTR duplicates didn't proc the Echo (or vice versa).

Tested on Beta Build: 15589

I believe Blizzard changed proc chance in new build (15589). I was trying to test Echo on monday and proc chance was much lower. Secondly I believe (yet I have no proof) that proc chance depends on your specialization. In enhancement spec I get much more Lightning Bolt procs than in restoration spec. Unfortunately I can't provide any logs, because mekkatorque realm and beta client is very unstable and I got several disconnects and critical errors during testing.

Secondly I believe (yet I have no proof) that proc chance depends on your specialization. In enhancement spec I get much more Lightning Bolt procs than in restoration spec.

Well, I tested the proc chance in restoration spec, because it's much easier to see the procs when there are no aditional Elemental Overload procs.