Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carebare

Mists of Pandaria: All Specs

550 posts in this topic

So I did some testing on the target dummy (only because I'm not very good with simcraft). I was comparing the damage of Bloodbath vs Storm Bolt. The test involved using CS followed By stormbolt and ignoring crits the average hit came to ~230k. Meanwhile a single bloodbath lined up with CS, Reck, Skull Banner, and using Dragon Roar and a full rotation for the duration still managed to only average ~390k. I ran 50 tests of both to get these numbers. This would put Stormbolt at about 460k every minute if always lined up with CS which is well ahead of Bloodbath's numbers. On a fight where there is no cleave (Jin'rokh) am I missing something that still puts Bloodbath ahead of Stormbolt?

Both tests were done with a flask and battle shout and no other buffs. How much is damage is Avatar giving per minute (Can't test this very well without simcraft)? Most warriors I see are using bloodbath so I would assume it is coming out ahead of avatar for the moment.

Bloodbath isn't on the GCD and 2 stormbolts (1 minute) use 2 GCDs, so using your numbers its not 390k vs 460k, its 390k + 2 GCDs vs 460k, im guessing you will do more than 70k damage in 2 GCDs during CS

If it hasn't already been noted, Dancing Steel is also benefiting from the recently added bad RNG protection change to the RPPM trinkets. I tested it by hitting a dummy once a minute. Since I have 8.54% haste at the time of the test, my chance to proc either hand's enchant should cap out at 2.3*1.0854*10/60 = 41.607%. Waiting a minute or 2 in between hits gave me a proc from both hands on the first hit 10 times straight, which would be absurdly unlikely if bad RNG protection wasn't affecting it.

If DS is also affected, it stands to reason that other RPPM effects(if not all of them) are affected as well, but I haven't checked any others.

IMHO stormbolt is way bettter then BB for ams on non AoE bosses.

With 504 weapon got dat results: 300k+ noncrits selfbuff +60%, raid+gear+burst crit bonuses, resulting average 480dmg on burst, minus 170k - boosted slam we have 310k pure dmg on burst(ignorinig bonus critical dmg).

With 4t14 and 5.0 trinkets you can do same damage every ~90 seconds. Every ~30 sec we have: 320k average stormbolt minus averaget 2t14 MS - 190k additional dmg.

Now compare this to bloodbath. Only every third bloodbath does high damage. Average BB nonreck damdage around 200k,reck (let us ignore bonus crit dmg for this calculations) 450k reck average resulting 1300k total in 3.3m.

Bloodbath average 1300k in 3.3m

Stormbolt average 1690k in 3.3m (3reck, 4 nonreck)

Without 4t14 and with 5.2 trinkets Srormbolt shows us worse results but still a bit better (but harder) choise for solo/cleave fights.(yeah! stormbolt can be cleaved! Yes, it can be amaizing during Durumu fight!)

Do not forget that only 2/3 of damage is boosted by BB.

For AoE fights i like to use Avatar - most arms AoE dmg comes from DW. (And i also have Ji-Kun's wich also can not be well used with BB on pull)

Maybe i'm worng, but this is the way i see things.

This post was made for people far from simc.

New PTR build shows the following changes according to MMO-Champ

Execute (Arms) damage and AP scaling increased by 4%.

Impending Victory (Arms) damage and AP scaling increased by 4%.

Intimidating Shout now has a 1.5 min cooldown, up from 1 min.

Raging Blow no longer requires you to be Enraged.

Raging Blow Off-Hand no longer requires you to be Enraged.

Talents

Impending Victory (Arms) damage and AP scaling increased by 4%.

Staggering Shout - Damage caused may interrupt the effect.

Don't know if this will actually give Arms enough scaling to keep up with Fury especially with the Raging Blow change.

All of these are tooltip corrections. No changes are being made. RB hasn't required you to be enraged since last expansion, and the damage tooltips on Execute and IV were just wrong for Arms.

All of these are tooltip corrections. No changes are being made. RB hasn't required you to be enraged since last expansion, and the damage tooltips on Execute and IV were just wrong for Arms.

I originally had thought they might be changing the proc mechanic for RB to be similar to that of MS/OP, but it makes sense it's just a tooltip correction, as RB's timer is longer than the enrage buff.

*oops*. Simcraft (and I) were still thinking Bladestorm cancels auto-attacks, which it apparently no longer does on live. I have the feeling that Bladestorm will look a lot better with the next simc release.

Sorry about that, but that must have been changed when I wasn't monitoring the class a long time ago.

Does the skull banner t15 4 piece stack with recklessness?

Not sure if it's a UI bug, but when I pop skull banner I get up to roughly 74% crit and when I pop recklessness after my dragonroar, it stays at roughly 74% crit... I'm thinking it breaks the UI because it would take it over 100%.

I've had my trinket proc after this which put me up to circa 78% crit.

Reck only increases your Critical Strike chance of your special abilities, so you won't see anything in the ui.

*oops*. Simcraft (and I) were still thinking Bladestorm cancels auto-attacks, which it apparently no longer does on live. I have the feeling that Bladestorm will look a lot better with the next simc release.

Sorry about that, but that must have been changed when I wasn't monitoring the class a long time ago.

On an unrelated note that isn't warrior specific, does SimC currently apply the bad RNG protection mechanic to just the RPPM trinkets, or to all RPPM effects? I can confirm both Dancing Steel and the warrior T15 2pc definitely benefit from the bad RNG protection too, which would suggest that every RPPM effect is likely covered.

to all RPPM effects as it wouldn't make sense otherwise. But good to see that it is behaving the same on live servers.

Is there a break point where it would be better to reforge to haste due to legendary metagem procs instead of mastery?

Edit: I simmed it with a few reforges to haste instead of mastery and despite a 5% increase in haste the dps from the metagem only increased by .1%, so it appears to not scale linearly with haste at all.

Not sure why my dps is struggling so badly as 1h fury, but I'm only pushing around 85-90k dps on average for most fights, have tried looking on here for more information on fury but most of the thread seems to be about arms. my armory is Steveniv @ Lightbringer - Community - World of Warcraft. As far as I know and as far as noxxic says, stat priority is hit(cap)=expertise(cap) > str> crit> mastery> haste. I am reforging lessor stats to crit and were I cannot reforge to crit I have reforged to mastery. rotation that I believe is accurate is BT > CS > RB(when up) > WS(on proc) > HS(rage dump, use mostly only over 80+ rage) > WS(rage dump 40+ rage). I try my best to time CD's with enrage, usually using it off the start when I proc Bloodbath with CS(have them macroed together, and also using BS and zerker rage when applicable, I seem to be struggle to keep up rage and also (which i'm sure is bad luck) sometimes getting proc starved on RB, sometimes can go through two full rotations without seeing a RB or more. any feedback will greatly be appreciated, thank you.

Icy-veins has a good write-up on managing your CS debuff uptime. Fury is all about maxing out dps for those 6 seconds and pooling rage/building RB stacks during the downtime. You definitely do not want to use the Reck glyph. Even with 18 seconds it still doesn't last for 2 colossus windows, and having the extra crit for CS when you need it is more important, not to mention during the execute phase. Without parses I can't really say more.

If interested, I have a blog post which discusses managing your CS window. Link in my sig.

Glad to be of help. You want to make sure you have at least 1 stack of RB when CS is about to come up, but don't sit on 2 stacks of RB :)

From PTR patchnotes

"Slam now does an additional 10% damage to targets affected by the warrior’s Colossus Smash.

Shattering Throw no longer costs rage."

Can anyone put this into simcraft (for testing purposes), perhaps arms will pull ahead in terms of theoretical dps.

So it happened today. According to Simcraft the statweight of my crit dropped to the same weight as mastery (both 0.8 strength now). Has anybody already looked into developing a formula how to keep those statweights in balance? Otherwise I'd have to resim my character after every statchange to check if one of those two stats has pulled ahead.

So it happened today. According to Simcraft the statweight of my crit dropped to the same weight as mastery (both 0.8 strength now). Has anybody already looked into developing a formula how to keep those statweights in balance? Otherwise I'd have to resim my character after every statchange to check if one of those two stats has pulled ahead.

In SimulationCraft, use a reforge plot between haste and mastery to more precisely find the spot where the marginal value of those two stats match each other. But there really is no formula someone could provide here at all. You're using a simulation with statistical sampling, not a formulation like a spreadsheet, Rawr, etc.

From PTR patchnotes

"Slam now does an additional 10% damage to targets affected by the warrior’s Colossus Smash.

Shattering Throw no longer costs rage."

No need to put it into simcraft. The APL already tries to fit most of the Slams into CS. Currently, Slam is 7.6% of our damage, so this change is less than 1%. There might be additional improvements possible to the APL, but I wouldn't expect much more of this change.

I was wondering if anyone knows if/when it is worth breaking 4pc. right now I have heroic chest off jikun and H gloves off iron qon which I'm not using, and I was wondering if I get shoulders off H tort would it be worth dropping 4piece for the increased crit and stats?

I was wondering if anyone knows if/when it is worth breaking 4pc. right now I have heroic chest off jikun and H gloves off iron qon which I'm not using, and I was wondering if I get shoulders off H tort would it be worth dropping 4piece for the increased crit and stats?

Short answer, no. Longer answer, the SEP of 4p is, IIRC, around 2200. You'd need heroic TF offpieces to make it worth it, and than only if you aren't the first warrior in the SB line, and even than its a close thing.

Has the Slam change been incorporated into the next Simcraft release? I'd also assume that there should be a rotation change, but I can't put my finger on it currently without obtaining a new release with the Slam change i.e how rage works out.

Rage/dmg change should be in with the next integration of the PTR files, but the slam cleave is not yet there.

Slam got nerfed to 275% WD and costs 25 Rage, down from 330% WD and 30 Rage. No changes to other abilities yet, this is not listed in any PTR notes, it was a live update from PTR.

I've recently spent some time developing a spreadsheet for figuring out loot rankings in SoO.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At0A7q4-kyXLdHItbU5oZ0t6N3VXaWJNU1FpTFlEWlE#gid=9

It does the basics of reforging/gemming items optimally and then compares one item to another in a vacuum. It can't optimize the entire character at once and I wouldn't know how to. I also can't think of a way to take single minded fury into account when comparing one handers to two handers.

On the second page I made a rough comparison between slam and whirwind and when to use which.

I've never done stuff like this before and any input would be really appreciated.

Edit: took account of Sweeping Strikes. I'm running on the assumption that you'd be using SS regardless of whether you'd use WW or Slam. Also I had overlooked that slam only costs 25 rage now. Both of those factors buffed Slam a lot.

So the way I'd interpret this chart is: Use WW if you are fighting against any of the following:

-95 or more enemies

-70 or more enemies, if at least one of those is out of reach of slam

-46 or more enemies, if at least two of those are out of reach of slam

-21 or more enemies, if at least three of those are out of reach of slam

-5 or more enemies, if at least four of those are out of reach of slam

The scenarios where you're fighting against more than 21 enemies and still slamming are incredibly unlikely, so the breakpoint likely occurs somewhere between 5 and 21 enemies. My guess is around 8, which is the point where you need to be hitting and missing equally many enemies with Slam cleave for Slam to still be superior to WW.

Edit2: Added PTR-Simcraft results using my current character for varying scenarios.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At0A7q4-kyXLdHItbU5oZ0t6N3VXaWJNU1FpTFlEWlE#gid=21

Points worth mentioning:

Titan's Grip is now superior to Single-Minded Fury even on single target. Fury beats Arms in single target but starts losing badly as soon as at least one other target is involved. The new 2-piece bonus is pretty sick, the 4-piece bonus not so much.