Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melthu

[Feral-Cat] Cataclysm 4.3 (Dragon Soul)

61 posts in this topic

I am running on a haste build (Enna @ Steamwheedle Cartel - Game Guide - World of Warcraft) and I ran some mew simulations. Indeed, as Leakfiller said, Glyph of Bloodletting is about 215 DPS above Glyph of Tiger's Fury. But another thing I discovered with the mew simulation is that Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike is about 12 DPS above Enchant Cloak - Major Agility, so I was wondering why is the agility enchant still recommended as being the best? Also Rawr suggests that the Critical Strike one is better.

When you are talking about a number as small as 12dps, before you can determine something is better in Mew, you need to look at your settings. If you ran the default 10k iterations, then the dps error is more than 12dps.

To get a better idea of both how close these two enchants are, and if one does test out slightly ahead of the other, I just ran a test where I added 20% encounter duration randomization and bumped the number of iterations up to 30,000. This is still only testing a Pathwerk style fight though.

With the 22 agil, dps is 45718.5 +/- 11.1

With 65 crit it is: 45730.6 +/- 11.1

Bumping that up to 100,000 iterations

22 Agi: 45724.0 +/- 6.1

65 crit: 45735.6 +/- 6.1

We can safely say that 65 crit is no worse and 22 agi, and possibly as much as 20 dps higher than 22 agi for my current toon on a patchwerk fight that has a 20% encounter variance around 5 minutes.

Put another way, 65 crit and 22 agi are very close in value. If you are using the cloak for bear and cat, the agi looks a little better (basing that on a cursory glance at Tangedyn's spreadsheet) but still the values are not that far apart.

One thing that I really need and I really can't find here or anywhere else is just a vague relative stat weights for feral cats in T13, especially how close is mastery to agility, because I've seen one place suggesting that Agility is 5 and Mastery is 4.5 and I really have a hard time believing that mastery could be that close to being equal to agility and it really is important as it makes a huge difference which items you want to call BIS.

I've tried to do this with Mew and for some unknown reason when I click the relative stats weight page in mew it is always empty no matter what I do. I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and haven't yet. Any help would be most appreciated.

One thing that I really need and I really can't find here or anywhere else is just a vague relative stat weights for feral cats in T13, especially how close is mastery to agility, because I've seen one place suggesting that Agility is 5 and Mastery is 4.5 and I really have a hard time believing that mastery could be that close to being equal to agility and it really is important as it makes a huge difference which items you want to call BIS.

I've tried to do this with Mew and for some unknown reason when I click the relative stats weight page in mew it is always empty no matter what I do. I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and haven't yet. Any help would be most appreciated.

Secondary stats will never come that close to a primary stat. At best the secondary stats are worth 1/2 of what Agi is worth. As far as stat weights its pretty much;

Weapon DPS>Agi>Whatever your comfortable with. Mastery builds and Haste builds are so close that there really isn't a right or wrong way to go with them, there are some exceptions of course.

Secondary stats are often considered to be 1/3rd of Agility. Weapon DPS is significantly above Agility. Some stats sim slightly better (haste) or slightly worse (hit/expertise), but they're all so close that the difference is only a few DPS. You'll see a much bigger change in DPS by improving your personal play.

On Mew, you need to tick the box for calculating RSV. They do not generate by default because they're so prone to abuse.

As sunsmoon implied without explaining, Mew RSVs are practically useless for secondary stats. See this.

I would strongly recommend simply deciding whether or not you wish to hit and expertise cap, and then select either mastery or haste on your own preference.

Bumping to keep this thread in the default 30 day filter. Note for any newcomers: The OP of this thread is still up to date for the 4.3 patch.

Is it still considered to be a dps increase to run out for ravage procs on fights like morchok warlord etc, outside of where you would use charge to get in range anyways i mean purely for the dps increase.

As long as you run out when you're very low on energy it's a dps increase because it's a 950% WD + 1-2 CP at the cost of a couple melee swings. If you don't need to save dash, you can pop that to run out too.

Is it worth putting up rake before Savage Roar and then refreshing it when Tiger's fury is up? Or should you shred, Savage Roar and then rake?

Is it worth putting up rake before Savage Roar and then refreshing it when Tiger's fury is up? Or should you shred, Savage Roar and then rake?

Glyph for SR and put it up before the fight starts.