Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vespasian

[Enhancement] Dragon Soul Raiding hints/tips

82 posts in this topic

Still my main concern is, I cant see t13 4pc being a great bonus, same as I cant see stat gain on helm+gloves being enough to offset the t12 2pc. On any DS fight, except maybe for Spine.

I just did a full run with the T13 4pc instead of my normal 2+2. I had a second LFR No'Kaled over the normal Morningstar. It just felt meh. It's difficult to explain. On Ultraxion, I had quite a few Fading Lights (about 6 or so) and was 2k down on my average. Pretty much every fight I was down on every boss except Yor'sahj HC (I normally do normal). I am probably not playing it right but for me it just doesn't seem to work. I am definitely switching back. I think it's a lot about play style and feel. I also think that it comes down to reaction time. Mine is not as good as it used to be so the 2+2 option provides a passive boost to damage whereas the 4pc relies more on your reaction time.

Ah yes, I completely ignored Matrix, not sure why.

Thing about resto 4pc is - Im using it, and I dont have enh 4pc yet - overall I casted only 2 less LBs than you did. Same night, 11s longer fight for me. So my opener doesnt really differ that much, with BL+SWG I might be getting even more LBs than you do with BL+Wolves4pc. And even though I wont be able to use it on all bosses with such efficiency, I cant really see how 4pc increases MW procs good enough to make up for 25% damage difference on LL.

With resto4pc and BL, MW_1 LB has a casttime of 1.1s - which basically allows you to spam LB on any free global, its really damn good. Without BL I think its 1.4s which is still good enough to put it over ES/FS - Im using UE over it though.

Still my main concern is, I cant see t13 4pc being a great bonus, same as I cant see stat gain on helm+gloves being enough to offset the t12 2pc. On any DS fight, except maybe for Spine.

What you must keep in mind is that the damage increase isn't by 25% on your final damage. It's only a small portion of the damage that gives 312% + 25% = 337% damage instead of 312%. It's not 25% of 312%, so it's NOT that big. (the extra 40% if FT is imbued is added afterwards).

Gloves have exp-mastery, it's the legs/head that have shitty stats. :)

Does the resto 4-p stack with Bloodlust?

Do you soak on your shaman at ultraxion or do you "fade into twilight?

I just did a full run with the T13 4pc instead of my normal 2+2. I had a second LFR No'Kaled over the normal Morningstar. It just felt meh. It's difficult to explain. On Ultraxion, I had quite a few Fading Lights (about 6 or so) and was 2k down on my average. Pretty much every fight I was down on every boss except Yor'sahj HC (I normally do normal). I am probably not playing it right but for me it just doesn't seem to work. I am definitely switching back. I think it's a lot about play style and feel. I also think that it comes down to reaction time. Mine is not as good as it used to be so the 2+2 option provides a passive boost to damage whereas the 4pc relies more on your reaction time.

I think it's less about reaction but more about respecting each global's priority, and it takes a while to get used to. :) After my first week I just wanted to go back to 2pc t12 and 2 pc t13 ^^

What you must keep in mind is that the damage increase isn't by 25% on your final damage. It's only a small portion of the damage that gives 312% + 25% = 337% damage instead of 312%. It's not 25% of 312%, so it's NOT that big. (the extra 40% if FT is imbued is added afterwards).

Gloves have exp-mastery, it's the legs/head that have shitty stats. :)

Hmm I actually never cared about the exact math behind it, thats helpful, thanks. Gloves dont have an additional gem slot which pants do, besides the main reason behind using Sporebeard gloves is being drowned in expertise within higher ilvls. As for shitty stats, mastery is all great and such, but pants carry more agility than either helm or gloves and crit isnt that faaaar behind mastery really, especially after breaking 50% crit chance.

Does the resto 4-p stack with Bloodlust?

It does. Cant remember exact values, but for me its something around 98% haste with those two. ~300% with UW, which doesnt really last very long, but MW stacks are getting crazy. Id really suggest every caring Enh to try and get those pieces, now with LFR its not that hard.

Do you soak on your shaman at ultraxion or do you "fade into twilight?

Depends on our setup really, we're a casual guild so our raid roster varies from week to week a bit. If I remember correctly on my highest log I wasnt assigned to soak, but had to take one due to our mage screwing his CDs up.

Long story short: Is Enh t13 4pc really worth it? I could easily see it falling behind double 2pc, given good enough setup of pieces. Lack of off-set items might be an issue, but I wouldnt be surprised if it can be managed properly.

To back up what you just said here. My 4pc simmed about 330 DPS more than the 2+2 last week. I had 2 upgrades and now the difference is down to 170dps. While these are simmed results and not actual ones, it's interesting that the gap is closing.

Edit - It's actually less than that because I also added a 25 Mastery - 25 Agility gem to one of the T13 items in place of a 20+20. It's actually down to a 135dps.

It does. Cant remember exact values, but for me its something around 98% haste with those two. ~300% with UW, which doesnt really last very long, but MW stacks are getting crazy. Id really suggest every caring Enh to try and get those pieces, now with LFR its not that hard.

I just had an idea that I will test tonight. What about equipping Kiroptiric Sigil as your pre-pot along with the resto 4pc. Trigger it, the 4pc and the pre-pot, switch back to your normal gear, e.g. Vial and WOU. That's 3490 agility for 15 seconds, 1200 for another 10 seconds added to 20 seconds of 30% extra haste.

Scratch that - I see that the trinket buffs are removed when you remove the trinket

Currently doing H Madness. Is anyone able to confirm whether or not I can spread FS off the boss onto the Congealing bloods? Or does it count as being too far away like Ragnaros and the elemetal spawns.

Corruptions and Tentacles will not spread Flameshock to bloods. You'll need to LL a blood to get your flameshock onto the tentacle or mutated. The fight makes me irrationally angry at our mechanics and retarded hitboxes.