Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zakalwe

SimulationCraft for Warlocks (Panda Edition)

547 posts in this topic

So based on 5.3 , how would you prioritize the stat weights,

I have been always going with

Intellect > Spell Power > Spell Hit(to 15%)> Crit > Haste > Mastery

I def want to maximize my weights to the best of my potential. I was always under the impression that haste was better on single target like bosses than Mastery, and Mastery is better for AoE. I do pretty good damage both single target and AoE now and usually in the top 5 of the damage meters depending who is in the raid.

This is my profile.,

Vallonzek @ Proudmoore - Community - World of Warcraft

Any input would be appreciated.

Hi, just got back into wow, forgive me if this is a silly question -

I was looking at the warlock profiles, and noticed none of them specify the tier bonuses, and I had a quick check, the documentation still says set bonuses are only applied if you manually specify them.

So, with that in mind, I did a rerun with both just 2set, and both 2+4set. IE:

tier15_2pc_caster=1

tier15_4pc_caster=1

And got a 2k and 1k ish dps gain respectively for the set bonuses. Am I off base, or are they really so trivial?

They are. Some choose to go for 2/5 and thunderforged non-set items instead of 4/5 for that reason.

I can't seem to find the haste breakpoint spreadsheet; can anyone point me in the right direction? An in response to the previous post, of course haste places more strain on the mana pool, just think of it in increasing the speed of your game overall.

A question about the action priority list.

In the Soul Fire action: "Q 60.65 soul_fire,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.molten_core.react&(buff.dark_soul.remains<action.shadow_bolt.cast_time|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)" what instruction does the action in parentheses give?

The reason I'm asking is because the sim is casting Soul Fire in meta on molten core procs both when Dark Soul is up and when Dark Soul is down. I'm trying to determine when to cast Soul Fire and when to cast Touch of Chaos in meta.

There isn't a fixed rule for soulfire in meta beyond using it during darksoul with 2pcT15. Obviously if you are capping DF you would soulfire. Soulfire tends to hover around 2x the DPET of ToC but 4x the DF cost so its half as efficient in terms of DF:damage. Putting that into a sim language/APL is a bit trickier. Suppose you could sim with using soulfire in meta and only using ToC to refresh corruption vs using soulfire only during darksoul.

The APL as I read it should use soulfire in meta when darksoul is up for longer than soulfire's cast time and MC buff is present. If the sim is using soulfire outside of darksoul in meta I'd have to defer to someone more into the guts of SimC.

Functionally when to cast is depending on the fight and situation. The safe answer is probably close to: use soulfire in meta during darksoul (w' 2pcT15) and ToC the rest of the time unless burst need calls for less efficient use of DF.

Thank you for the thorough response and explanation, Werst ^^^^^. This clears up my thinking on Soul Fire.

And I think you've hit the nail on the head when you mention casting Soul Fire in meta on Molten Core procs outside of Dark Soul at very high Demonic Fury. This seems to be what the sim is doing. But that instruction doesn't seem to be in the code!

Nothing new for the demo players, but demo's simc seems to be missing meta hog weave, which along with few other changes should result in it gaining quite a bit of dps. To do that:

- add "|(dot.shadowflame.remains&action.hand_of_guldan.in_flight)" at the end of meta line to add meta hog weaving

- add "&cooldown.metamorphosis.remains<3" at the end of cancel_meta line for sim to stay in it till it's almost off cd to not miss entire uvls procs(default profile gains +2k from these two)

- move "actions+=/hand_of_guldan,if=!in_flight&dot.shadowflame.remains<travel_time+action.shadow_bolt.cast_time&(charges=2|dot.shadowflame.remains>travel_time|(charges=1&recharge_time<4))" above doomguard in the priority list(default profile gains 6k)

- delete the whole "actions+=/corruption,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&(crit_pct<100|ticks_remain<=add_ticks)" line as it's going to be refreshed to a regular one anyways(at least single target)

Sadly I'm not sure yet why this last change without the previous one is only a 500dps gain, and 12.5k with it. Doom damage skyrockets with both, something fishy going on here, but I need a break from it for now. ;)

actions=curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down

actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20

actions+=/lifeblood

actions+=/berserking

actions+=/imp_swarm,if=buff.dark_soul.up|(cooldown.dark_soul.remains>(120%(1%spell_haste)))|time_to_die<32

actions+=/dark_soul

actions+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled

actions+=/felguard:felstorm

actions+=/wrathguard:wrathstorm

actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>4

actions+=/hand_of_guldan,if=!in_flight&dot.shadowflame.remains<travel_time+action.shadow_bolt.cast_time&(charges=2|dot.shadowflame.remains>travel_time|(charges=1&recharge_time<4))

actions+=/summon_doomguard

actions+=/metamorphosis,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&active_enemies>1

actions+=/doom,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.perfect_aim.react&(crit_pct<100|ticks_remain<=add_ticks)

actions+=/touch_of_chaos,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&dot.corruption.ticking&dot.corruption.remains<1.5

actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.molten_core.react&(buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time)

actions+=/doom,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&(ticks_remain<=1|(ticks_remain+1<n_ticks&buff.dark_soul.up))&target.time_to_die>=30&miss_react&dot.doom.crit_pct<100

actions+=/touch_of_chaos,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&dot.corruption.ticking&dot.corruption.remains<20&dot.corruption.crit_pct<100

actions+=/cancel_metamorphosis,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.dark_soul.down&demonic_fury<=650&target.time_to_die>30&cooldown.metamorphosis.remains<3

actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.molten_core.react&(buff.dark_soul.remains<action.shadow_bolt.cast_time|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)

actions+=/touch_of_chaos,if=buff.metamorphosis.up

actions+=/hand_of_guldan,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>travel_time

actions+=/corruption,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react

actions+=/metamorphosis,if=(buff.dark_soul.up&demonic_fury%32>buff.dark_soul.remains)|(dot.corruption.remains<5&dot.corruption.crit_pct<100)|!dot.doom.ticking|demonic_fury>=950|demonic_fury%32>target.time_to_die|buff.perfect_aim.react|(dot.shadowflame.remains&action.hand_of_guldan.in_flight)

actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.molten_core.react&(buff.dark_soul.remains<action.shadow_bolt.cast_time|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)

actions+=/life_tap,if=mana.pct<60

actions+=/shadow_bolt

actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1

actions+=/life_tap

Edit: Oh and service > sac with sup somewhere inbetween, single target.

I can't seem to find the haste breakpoint spreadsheet; can anyone point me in the right direction? An in response to the previous post, of course haste places more strain on the mana pool, just think of it in increasing the speed of your game overall.

You got the link few posts above, but as it is now i wouldn't be honest saying it is current with our gear.

Huge part of our DPS comes from pull, and during pull you will have legendary+DS+Heroism+raidbuff and during fight DS+legendary, the spreadsheet doesn't go high enough for those, and even then, it doesn't provide much information for Affliction. there are some haste breakpoints every 500haste or less.

Also every breakpoint-1 loses maximum 0.5% on simulation so its very hard to aim for anything.

Hi, I've created an issue becaure corruption spell id has changed (172 to 146739):

https://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/issues/detail?id=1799&sort=-id

On top of that, the proc chance to gain ember with RoF has been nerfed on PTR, it's not 0.2 anymore:

>> trigger_ember_gain( p(), 0.2, p() -> gains.rain_of_fire, 0.2 );

I've tried some sims with the new Archimonde talent but it's not taken into consideration.

I've played Wow since before BC, but never did much of the raiding until Cata. The guild I joined has been great in helping me gear up and I've reached item level 524 pretty quickly thanks tot heir efforts.

Now I find myself faced with the age old question of spec again. I'm currently Destruct, but with a strong affinity toward Afflict. What have people found works best at item level 525 in throne of thunder?

(And yes I've read the simulation craft numbers, I'm really just curious as to what others have experienced.)

Thanks.

-Britt

Brittlock @ Mannoroth - Community - World of Warcraft

I've played Wow since before BC, but never did much of the raiding until Cata. The guild I joined has been great in helping me gear up and I've reached item level 524 pretty quickly thanks tot heir efforts.

Now I find myself faced with the age old question of spec again. I'm currently Destruct, but with a strong affinity toward Afflict. What have people found works best at item level 525 in throne of thunder?

(And yes I've read the simulation craft numbers, I'm really just curious as to what others have experienced.)

Thanks.

-Britt

Brittlock @ Mannoroth - Community - World of Warcraft

Every single type of number I seem to get tells me that Demo beats everything except on Primordius IF you have the Lei Shen trinket, else you'll have to run all three speccs depending on fight.

I've focused on destruction for now with a demo specc on fights where it's a lot better then the others but since I don't have Lei Shen trinket yet I'm still destro as my main specc. I'm going to go demo on all fights except Primordius HC as soon as I can get that Lei Shen trinket.

All speccs, even destro, are close enough for your gear level, it will depend more on Your gameplay and encounter.

515 ilvl since I think gear might be an important factor for my question and I also don't have 2 piece tier 15 bonus

armory - nthrxcounsel - illidan

I noticed that on the sample sequence for simcraft at the pull and after using meta, the sequence goes through using 2 dooms (60*2=120 df), 10 touch of chaos (40*10=400 df) and 2 soul fire (80*2=160) for a total fury cost of 680. Since we only start out with 200 df, I can't seem to come anywhere close to maintaining a fury regen rate, even with imp swarm, that rivals that. Is it just a gear issue or is that sequence actually possible without insane rng?

i think its too simplistic.

shard regeneration changes, we lose KJC (because it is useless on ptr), we gain extra Dark Soul.

with full buffs on, fel flame might be better than MG, while MG will be for times after buffs fade but dots are strong up.

haste plateaus are made stronger, but haste overall loses value with MG nerf.

we might see extra fixes in next 2weeks.

I calculated damage with Fel Flame, and its 1% better than not casting MG at all (6 casts). The extra dots ticking is still too strong of a mechanic to not use.

Won't lie its simplistic, but it does compare previous values to new values in the exact same manner, so it is at least a peak of what we will see.

First and foremost, I encourage others to look over my model and make corrections so that we can summarize the changes properly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aibwa0vlZuCHdE92NXIzRDVPODZ3dFRnSy11UFVXUEE&usp=sharing

Cells G1-G35 are damage calculations (Initial + Coefficient * Spell power). Dots are calculated for 7 casts of Agony, 12 casts of Agony, and 10 casts of Corruption (only 1/3 of the damage is included for the last cast). This leaves a window of 168 seconds to cast other spells before the GCD.

The GCD is calculated in Cell T1 and U1, respectively for each patch. The reason this is different is each patch has a different average number of Nightfalls. This is calculated on a single target fight. 4 casts of Haunt are added to the nightfall procs as I believe hard casting dots and using Soul Shard for Haunt is better DPS in my experience.

After calculating the GCDs, we can figure out how many casts of MG we are able to perform by dividing the remaining time after GCDs (168 – GCD times) by 4 as this is the duration of MG. We factor in Nightfall procs by the number of casts MG, multiplying by 4 as we get one tick of Corruption every second and MG lasts 4 seconds, calculating extra Nightfall procs with our new amount of Corruption ticks, and then subtracting subsequent casts of Haunt from the GCD. If we get a remainder from a cast of MG, we round to the lowest quarter-cast, because the extra value doesn’t affect the GCD due to no Corruption ticks and Nightfall Procs.

Then we calculate the damage from the extra ticks. We get the new number of MG’s cast and multiplying by 4. This new number is the number of ticks of every dot. We multiply this by the total damage of each DOT divided by half its duration (for a single tick of the dot) and add this to the total duration of every dot and add the total damage of channeling MG.

Afterwards, we calculate the average uptime of Haunt. This is done by adding all casts of haunt and multiplying by 7 for the total uptime. We divide that time into 168 for a percent uptime. We multiply this by previous damage dealt and add the previous damage dealt.

Finally we add the damage Haunt deals for every cast, and multiply the total by 1.1 for CoE.

For 60% uptime on MG, I scale the damage from the ticks and casts by .6 and also adjust for the number of corruption procs with Nightfall, and adjust the GCD appropriately.

It looks like affliction is getting a BIG damage buff if I am correct. The number of extra Soul Shards coupled with the extra damage on DOTs way overly-compensates for the nerfs to MG and DS.