Rivkah

Hunter DPS Analyzer (MoP edition)

180 posts in this topic

Out of interest, after GC confirmed the bug I've been seeing since MOP went live (that explosive shot does not in any way proc toth), I was wondering if your simulator has been assuming procs off of Explosive shot with toth, or if it has been accounting for the bug and not assuming any procs? If it's the latter, then surv should see a nice bump up with toth, probably making it alot closer to dire beast in terms of output (currently I sim a 1561 dps difference)?

I've just found a minor error, you use 100% hunter hit/expertise == 100% pet hit/expertise while it should be 50% hunter hit + 50% hunter expertise for pet hit/expertise.

I've updated my site to reflect the changes to rabid in the latest hotfix. Interestingly this actually increases dps in the simulation, but I should note that my site was never able to fully calculate the value of the old rabid since the AP buff was averaged over the course of the fight, so in reality dps may not have changed or may have gone down. One thing to note is the change to Rabid makes Lynx Rush far less attractive, as part of the benefit was the stacking of the cooldowns. Lynx Rush sees no benefit from the attack speed bonus as the same amount of attacks are performed regardless.

I also added in the new Aimed Shot formula, although I'm not sure I have the exact base damage correct as I couldn't find the number, just the percentage it was changed.

I've just found a minor error, you use 100% hunter hit/expertise == 100% pet hit/expertise while it should be 50% hunter hit + 50% hunter expertise for pet hit/expertise.

This is something I've been meaning to fix- originally it was bugged and wasn't working properly in beta so when I first added in the hit/expertise support I left it at 100% because it required less effort to support and I wasn't sure how it'd turn out. Now that it's resolved it's on my list of things to address.

Update: I just fixed this.

As part of adding support for the Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket I did some cleanup on the gem menus and moved the cogwheels into the standard gem socket section. I merged the perfect gems with the rares, so if you have saved settings using perfect gems, you will need to update them (armory imports will correctly use the rare gems). Also, since I moved the cogwheels into the normal socket slot, anyone using cogwheels in their engineering helm in a saved setting will need to update. My apologies for anyone who needs to update their saved settings.

Even though the FAQ says Readiness is delayed for Rapid Fire. Putting 99s maximum delay doesn't make you gain 1 more RF cast. It stays at 4; using setting 349, DPS doesn't vary from 8s to 99s, lower than 8s is a 172 DPS loss.

2nd Readiness should appear around 300s into the fight, 4th RF should be around 380s; unless Readiness was used before.

With delaying the 2nd Readiness, you'd gain a 5th RF.

--

Even though you can type a 2nd digit (i.e. 1.55) after the dot in the Fight Length field, it doesn't work (it sets the default value of 450s). It seems to only accept 1 digit.

Readiness is a 3 minute cooldown, you use it a few seconds into the fight (firing off all your CDs) and then everything should line up at about 3 minutes + the time used to enable things (times 2, as you do it once before readiness, and once after) again, so at about 190 seconds it should appear again as second readiness. It should appear a third time at about 380 seconds (going with about 5 seconds to use stuff).

Remember, for maximum use of readiness you need to use your stuff before and after you use readiness, so if it takes 5 seconds, it delays the second readiness use by 15 seconds - 5 for the first use, then 180 seconds before readiness is off CD, another 5 seconds to use the abilities you pushed out of sync with readiness due to firing them off afterwards (mainly BW/RF), pushing the second readiness to 190, you then use another 5 seconds to reuse the reset cooldowns, and thereby push the use of those for a third readiness by another 5 seconds there, and an additional 5 seconds before using it for the third time at 380 seconds.

Readiness is on a 5 mins CD.

Something I didn't think of, in my previous post, is that FD might delay RF to stack it with BW?

You are indeed correct, I don't know why I remembered it as a 3 minute cooldown. RF should not be delayed to stack with BW though; BW is a 1 minute CD and RF is a 3 minute CD, so every third BW willl have RF included, so no delay of RF is needed for BW, unless you have the "do not stack RF with BW" option checked.

It was 3 mins for MM in cataclysm with the talent.

You are right about timings so the only thing I can think of is that using a 99s setting doesn't work. Maybe it's capped at some value?

It was 3 mins for MM in cataclysm with the talent.

You are right about timings so the only thing I can think of is that using a 99s setting doesn't work. Maybe it's capped at some value?

It's capped at 20 seconds, which I mentioned when I originally added the feature. It should be giving you an error if you use a higher number but if you're not seeing the error it must be bugged. I'll have to take a look at it.

Is there a specific setting you need to enable for Explosive Trap to work correctly? I replaced it with Black Arrow and it only casts it once (shows 41k overall damage done for the ability).

Is there a specific setting you need to enable for Explosive Trap to work correctly? I replaced it with Black Arrow and it only casts it once (shows 41k overall damage done for the ability).

Can you give me a link to your saved settings so I can reproduce the issue? I'm not sure what would cause this.

Can you give me a link to your saved settings so I can reproduce the issue? I'm not sure what would cause this.

Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

It looks like I may have just been reading it incorrectly, but I still notice it says Avg. Crit 4495. The regular damage number seems right, compared to logs, but the Avg. Crit number is way off unless I'm reading things incorrectly again.

Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

It looks like I may have just been reading it incorrectly, but I still notice it says Avg. Crit 4495. The regular damage number seems right, compared to logs, but the Avg. Crit number is way off unless I'm reading things incorrectly again.

That definitely doesn't look right, I'll take a look at it over the weekend and see if I can track down why the crit number is reporting incorrectly. This may not mean the total damage is incorrect because I calculate the average crit for display purposes, I don't use it for the dps calculation (I just use the crit rate for that, which seems to be showing up correctly), so it's possible it's just a display error. I'll followup when I know more.

ET seems to sim lower than BA, but a single trap on a raid dummy is giving me ~60k total damage, whereas BA is giving ~20k. Given they share a CD/global and ES is free, I can't figure out why it would show such a loss on FD.

ET seems to sim lower than BA, but a single trap on a raid dummy is giving me ~60k total damage, whereas BA is giving ~20k. Given they share a CD/global and ES is free, I can't figure out why it would show such a loss on FD.

Double check your data, my ETs are averaging ~40-60K total damage while my BAs are averaging ~80-120K total damage. BA is worth the focus cost on a single target.

Are you sure you're only hitting one of the dummies with your explosive trap? Check the individual damage against the formula I have in the FAQ and see if you're getting inconsistent results.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the ability on the site- it was actually caused by 2 bugs:

1) Explosive trap was still using the spell crit multiplier (I verified it uses physical crit multiplier now)

2) The crit multiplier was being divided by 100 (i.e. I expected it to not yet be a percent and turns out it was). Not sure how nobody noticed that earlier

I've fixed both bugs and it should be correct now. Since the issue was with the crit multiplier and not just the reported average crit damage, it was affecting the dps report, so simulations including explosive trap will go up in reported damage.

With regards to NoGoal's report about the readiness delay, I did check and I am getting an error properly when I enter 99 seconds into the max sec to delay. NoGoal can you let me know if you're not getting that error?

With regards to NoGoal's report about the readiness delay, I did check and I am getting an error properly when I enter 99 seconds into the max sec to delay. NoGoal can you let me know if you're not getting that error?

I see it now. I can't say if I simply missed it before or if it wasn't showing though. Maybe you could highlight the error section?

Now my question is, considering the 5 mins cd, why can't we delay it more than 20s?

I see it now. I can't say if I simply missed it before or if it wasn't showing though. Maybe you could highlight the error section?

Now my question is, considering the 5 mins cd, why can't we delay it more than 20s?

The setting applies to many abilities. The ability with the shortest cooldown it applies to is dire beast, which has a 30 second CD, so delaying it more than 20 seconds would be problematic. I may at some point break out the handling of the delay functionality, but right now it would cause issues to make the delay too long.

Latest PTR Changes

Rapid Fire now increases ranged haste rather than ranged attack speed.

Marksmanship

Steady Focus now has a 20 sec duration, up from 10 sec.

Pets

Ancient Hysteria now increases spell haste rather than spell casting speed.

Energizing Spores (New) Surrounds all friendly party and raid members with energizing spores, increasing spell haste by 5%.

Froststorm Breath now scales with 14.4% of RAP, down from 43.2%.

Are the changes to Rapid Fire and Heroism going to affect focus regen rates?

Latest PTR Changes

Are the changes to Rapid Fire and Heroism going to affect focus regen rates?

No, that is just a tooltip change, so it is consistent with how focus regen works already in both FD and simc.

I've just updated the site to add support for the PTR changes (lynx rush and steady focus). To enable the PTR version of the mechanics turn on the "Enable Public Test Realm Changes" setting under the settings section.

My initial check shows a significant damage increase for Lynx Rush (on the order of 1.5k dps for SV or 2k dps for BM in good gear), but I'm not sure I'm simming it exactly right. Based on the tests Lokrick did on PTR and the spell data we verified, here's what we were able to determine:

- Lynx Rush attacks roughly every .5 sec, with one attack immediately on cast and one attack right at the end

- The bleed ticks every 3 seconds, so the first bleed tick should be for 7 stacks of the bleed assuming no misses

- After the first tick you should expect to get 6 additional ticks of the bleed at 9 stacks (again assuming no misses)

- The bleed does 93.4724 + .042 * RAP (per stack) according to the spell data, although based on our actual results it seemed closer to 93 base damage rather than the fractional additional amount

- The bleed is not affected by armor but does scale with whatever normal pet damage multipliers you have and the physical damage debuff on the boss, it can also crit