Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pyrdon

Enhance me [5.3] - Now with 100% more CDs and 232% more haste-love!

114 posts in this topic

about the Echo talent i noticed the other day i had a string of proccs on Flameshock casts and since this doesn't double the DoT i was wondering if this is a significant dps loss instead of using an Earthshock that can proc or was it just a bad string of procs

about the Echo talent i noticed the other day i had a string of proccs on Flameshock casts and since this doesn't double the DoT i was wondering if this is a significant dps loss instead of using an Earthshock that can proc or was it just a bad string of procs

Well considering that you cannot control the procs, and that FS still does a hefty amount more damage than a single ES, it's just something that you have to live with.

Even though you should use the FS Glyph, so you only have to use FS every 30 seconds (every second UE cooldown), which should already increase your ES counter by a lot.

I know that flurry uptime is good, but its not 100%.

I've been reaching 94% uptime on the 85 level dummy. I can assume that with a 5% Crit buff and Stat buffs like Kings/MOTW and Flask/Food, the uptime should be near 100%, which means we should probably be getting almost full uptime on the 50% Haste buff.

However, that may change drastically on heavy movement fights, where sometimes you may lose the Flurry buff. However, considering the 15s duration, I think this is practically impossible, unless of course you die.

I have a question about Flame Shock uptime : I've been doing 50m damage tests on a 85 level dummy, and I've also been checking my logs for fights such as Ultraxion(Typical patchwerk fight), and I haven't been able to achieve greater than 90% uptime on Ultraxion. I think it is possible with a few more attempts on it I could push it to 95%, but I'm speaking from experience. I find that there are times when I've had to delay casting FS because I've had MW stacks shooting up or LL/SS coming off of CD.

I did notice that I was getting some of the priorities wrong but I still think that it's impossible to account for such a great decrease in uptime. Has anyone been able to reach near 100% uptime on Ultraxion or Yor'sahj?

Also, another question regarding FE/EE/SW. Do these benefit from Heroism/Bloodlust if we were to cast them after Heroism? What about dynamic stat gains?

I am currently in great debate as to whether pandaren or orc is the superior race choice for enhancement, especially now that we gain more benefit from increased pet damage. Ultimately it seems that it comes down to the effectiveness of blood fury as agility scales relative to attack power at level 90 and I am not sure of the value/necessity of the bonus expertise in t14 (purely for min/max), as I have not looked at the stat totals on gear.

I am currently in great debate as to whether pandaren or orc is the superior race choice for enhancement, especially now that we gain more benefit from increased pet damage. Ultimately it seems that it comes down to the effectiveness of blood fury as agility scales relative to attack power at level 90 and I am not sure of the value/necessity of the bonus expertise in t14 (purely for min/max), as I have not looked at the stat totals on gear.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the racial breakdown (Orc vs. Pandaren):

Pandaren: +100% food buff (works out to 300 agi with the best food)

Orc: +2% pet damage (wolves, eles?), +4514 AP for 15s every 2min = 564.25 static AP, +1% expertise (340 rating)

So it works out to 300 agi vs 564.25 AP + 340 expertise + whatever 2% pet damage works out to. I believe Orcs win.

So to confirm, Pandaren will be the most superior race for Alliance? I've been trying to do some comparison with the hit reduction for draenei but keep coming back to that straight agility buff.

In the interest of completeness, here's a complete breakdown of the races and their bonuses (in order best > worst, in my opinion). NOTE: I've converted all of the CDs to static boosts, and all bonuses to their approximate rating values so they can be compared more easily using the average EPs.

Alliance

[TABLE]Race|DPS Bonuses|Other Bonuses

Pandaren|300 agility|Short duration CC

Draenei|340 hit rating|20% HP HoT

Dwarf|340 expertise rating (rarely used)|10% damage reduction CD + remove poison/disease/bleed[/TABLE]

Horde

[TABLE]Race|DPS Bonuses|Other Bonuses

Orc|564.25 AP, 340 exp. rating (almost always used), 2% pet damage

Pandaren|300 agility|Short duration CC

Troll|~470 haste rating, +5% damage vs. beasts|15% lower duration on snares/roots, small health regen boost

Goblin|423 haste rating|rocket jump (note on rocket barrage: it activates the GCD, so likely not worth using)

Tauren||Short duration AoE CC[/TABLE]

I believe the guardians have dynamic secondary stat values, but I'm unsure with Primary stats. Casting FE/EE/SW after bloodlust gives them one more GCD with Hero/Lust than if you cast them vice versa.

Fire elemental is the only cooldown that we should be using in tandem with lust, since SW are used rotationally; because FE lasts 1m and lust only lasts 40 seconds, you will actually gain more benefit from planting FE and then lusting. The difference will likely be miniscule either way.

Fire elemental is the only cooldown that we should be using in tandem with lust, since SW are used rotationally; because FE lasts 1m and lust only lasts 40 seconds, you will actually gain more benefit from planting FE and then lusting. The difference will likely be miniscule either way.

Wouldn't stacking Stormlash Totem and Ascendance with Lust also be important?

I was testing the Orc Command racial on Beta a few months back and noted on the forums that it only affected the Fire Elemental, not the Spirit Wolves. GC said it was a bug, and promised to get it fixed. Of course 2 days later they nerfed command to 2% from 5%, so it's potential benefit was essentially obliterated...still, it's safe to say it does affect Fire/Earth Elementals.

Why is earth elemental on the priority list yet fire elemental isn't? Surely, FE > EE+ST, Or am I not quite understanding something somewhere?

Why is earth elemental on the priority list yet fire elemental isn't? Surely, FE > EE+ST, Or am I not quite understanding something somewhere?

FE isn't on the list for the same reason Ascendance isn't on the list; they are CDs, not rotational abilities. Since CDs need to be used at different times on different fights, and you plan when to pop them, they are left up to your discretion. SW on the other-hand should be used every time it comes up, same with EE, when applicable. They do not provide the same damage boost so lining up pots, trinkets, BL, etc isn't as critical, and oftentimes having them out more often is better than holding them for the perfect time.

Are these stats still the same for level 90 with heroic(or higher) gear?

==Stats at LvL85 with T13 BiS and EotE==

[TABLE=head] Stat | Value

Agility | 3.81

Haste | 2.49

Mastery | 2.15

Crit | 1.95

[/TABLE]

Cause im at the gemming part and since the agi stats on gems are 1/2 of the secondary then red sokets would be the 320 expertise, the yellow would be 320haste/mastery and blue would be 320 hit (and you would reforge after gemming this way I think).

They are probably not. Sim it yourself. I'll try to update the guide as soon as possible, but right now I'm a little bit concerned with my own raid preparations. But I think I'll find some time tomorrow.

You will probably want to gem the way you did in Cata, meaning AGi as the highest priority.

With the current changes to our elemental's in MoP, shouldn't we have our Fire Ele as the main priority as it gives us stacks.

With the current changes to our elemental's in MoP, shouldn't we have our Fire Ele as the main priority as it gives us stacks.

This was answered already. Like any other major damage CD it isn't rotational, some fights require certain places for such CDs to be used. Use it when you feel it is best, or if there is no such instance on a particular fight, then off of cooldown.

Word of warning for fellow enhancers:

For Elegon HM your ST will not target Elegon while in the bubble. The best you can do is use FE for 2/3 P1s and magma the rest of P1. For P2 your totem will correctly target the pillars. This means that you will have ~3 minutes out of a 9 minute fight where you are not generating SF stacks.

If anyone wants to tag along, I've made a bug post here:

Searing Totem will not target Elegon on HM - Forums - World of Warcraft

So I am sitting at 487 item level right now and what I am discovering is that my stat priority is Mastery = Crit > Haste (1.43, 1.43, 1.35) which is basically telling me that my gear right now is going to be entirely on item level due to the extra agility and other stats that I gain. Is my gear just in a weird place or do you guys think I can expect that to continue? I am kind of new to simcraft (used enhsim forever) so I wasn't sure if I hit a wrong button or something, I have been surprised by my results once I got decked out a bit.