Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pyrdon

Enhance me [5.3] - Now with 100% more CDs and 232% more haste-love!

114 posts in this topic

Yeah, that may happen. Sometimes I get similiar results, so I don't think Simc is broken nor do we hit wrong buttons.

Right now - for me - all three stats are even closer than you posted.

There are two things you could do now:

1. Try reforging some (maybe 300-400) haste into crit/mastery and run SimC again to find out, if its just a weird gear point or if you could indeed need some more crit. For e.g. crit favors Flurry uptime which again favors haste.

2. Try to use the "plot" function (found under options) or maybe even the "reforge plot". First on shows you the DPS gain and loss if you add the choosen stats while the second one provides you with a graph that shows you what happens, if you reforge for e.g. haste to mastery and vice versa.

Note: "plot" and "reforge plot" take a long time to sim (second one even longer). I usually run the later one on 4 threads for only haste and mastery and it takes 2h+ - just a warning.

So if I understand the Guide :

1- I don't need to use Fire nova spell in my cycle ?

2- I can't understand how to open the fight exactly with my stuff and how to continue a right cycle .

3- Which stats do i need to UP : "Haste" or "Mastery", because the ratio still nearly the same .

I use ascendance with fire ele on the pull almost always. High burst, big numbers. Its usually up again when needing to pop hero/lust.

Hey Vaxym:

1. No, you don't use Fire Nova in your cycle for a single target. But the more targets you have, the more interesting it gets. For two targets, I would recommend using FN each time there is nothing else to do. But for 5 oder more targets, I would nearly hit it on cooldown for example.

2. Since you will be opening most fights from a distance, you are probably going to open with UE followed by buffed FS.

My pulls for e.g. are as followed:

[TABLE=head] Time in relation to pull | Action

-5 | Spirit Walk

-3 | Feral Spirit

-1 | Fire Elemental / Prepot

0 | Start running to the boss

0.5 | Unleash Elements

2 | FS

2-3 | arrive at boss

3.5 | Stormstrike

5 | Pop Ascendance, trinkets etc with next Stormblast

6.5 | Usually have 5 stacks of Searing Flame, so LL / Otherwise use ES or Stormlash Totem

[/TABLE]

3. The ratio will stay nearly the same for a long time. So, either you try to balance them or stack one of them (which then again favors the other two stats and so on. Binkenstein just released a blog on Totemspot regarding exactly that topic).

As of 5.1 it seems that Shamanistic Rage is off the GCD.

Also we can no longer kill totems with a macro. This has also broke mods like TotemTimers. The only way to kill totems now is either the use Totemic Recall or have the default totem bar somewhere on your screen and click the totem off.

I'll try to confirm this and add this to the patch note section. Thank you for mentioning.

Important change! Not everyone might check the changes-notes regularly, but nearly everyone should know:

Glyph of FlameShock seems no longer to be a DPS increase but a DPS loss regarding SimCraft. Check the priority section in the guide to get more detailed information.

I'm not sure where this comes from or if we just overlooked it from the beginning. Purge mentioned that the last few changes in beta might have shifted the shock damage.

Important change! Not everyone might check the changes-notes regularly, but nearly everyone should know:

Glyph of FlameShock seems no longer to be a DPS increase but a DPS loss regarding SimCraft. Check the priority section in the guide to get more detailed information.

I'm not sure where this comes from or if we just overlooked it from the beginning. Purge mentioned that the last few changes in beta might have shifted the shock damage.

I noticed this in the SimulationCraft T14H profile a couple weeks ago. I simulated my own gear, and the glyph still came out as a DPS increase. I'm not sure if this has changed since, and I'm at work so I can't test it. It seems that the scaling of Flame Shock's up-front portion (combined with UE) out-damages ES at a certain gear point.

Can't understand why FS glyphed could be a DPS loss. You're usually gaining 1 extra Earth Shock, which means more direct damage (despite of some direct FS damage can overpass ES) while FS is ticking thank to the DoT.

I would appreaciate an explanation as soon as you can check it 100% sure, thanks in advance.

Can't understand why FS glyphed could be a DPS loss. You're usually gaining 1 extra Earth Shock, which means more direct damage (despite of some direct FS damage can overpass ES) while FS is ticking thank to the DoT.

I would appreaciate an explanation as soon as you can check it 100% sure, thanks in advance.

Remember that SC assumes 0 movement, 0 AOE, 0 target switching, etc. So while it makes sense for stand still DPS encounters, think twice before you remove this glyph for every encounter just because SC told you to.

Remember that SC assumes 0 movement, 0 AOE, 0 target switching, etc. So while it makes sense for stand still DPS encounters, think twice before you remove this glyph for every encounter just because SC told you to.

Of course. In fact, I won't replace the glyph just because SC told me that, as you say. I checked myself a DPS increase (explanation above), so it makes non sense now.

After doing some quick math with the only coefficient numbers available, I have to conclude that the sim either has incorrect numbers or is forgetting to include all the variables. FS is 44.9% and ES is 58.1%, so when increased by UE's 30% buff, FS essentially has a 58.3% coefficient. While this is slightly higher, when you factor in ES's inherently higher crit rate, not to mention the slight difference in base damage. So unless FS's coefficient has had a large buff, there is no way for it to outpace ES at a sane SP level.

well, you can't just look at the sp-coefficients. FS' base damage will also be increased by 30%. But still....I'm not sure about that either. Thank you!

FS's base damage is 1086, increased it's 1411.8. I didn't think that tiny amount would matter in a rough calculation, especially when you consider ES's is 2035-2249 anyway.

Well all the fuss will soon be for naught, the FS glyph is changing in 5.2 to heal us for half the damage, while the base duration will go up to 30s.

Now we get to focus on the level 60 and 90 talent changes...fun.

Well in their current state I wouldn't spend too much focusing on tier four as Elemental Mastery is crazy strong compared to the other two. I didn't do the math myself (Purge did) but right now the worst case scenario for EM is it comes out to be 35% stronger than Echo, and that's with our 4set which favors echo by a lot.

New 90 might come down to fight and preference, if anything. All three appear to be pretty close together, especially UF and PE. If nothing else we might finally have the interesting choice between burst and steady we thought we were getting when the talents were first revealed, we'll have to see though.

Yeah, +10% haste over time with the ability to use it as burst, it's going to be hard to beat EM. I really like EotE too, I hope they spend a lot more time tuning that number as well as hope that they aren't tuning by popularity there. Unless you have a Spine type burst window, I'd think that most would rather take a passive if both talents are comparable.

For 90, I can understand if they had just nerfed UF for us, but PE is a pretty strong and popular talent for ele and resto. I'm not going to take PE unless it's noticeably stronger because of the half use of PE Fire for us, and EB would have to be so OP for me to evern consider making my life more difficult by taking it.

Well, I've come across an interesting problem. I've recently acquired some new gear, so I did my usual thing of simming it and using the values to reforge. Well, interesting thing is simming after reforge my DPS is ~50 lower than with no reforge. I know it's not much, and I'm guessing it has to do with my pre-reforge exp is at 7.23% (hit 9.09, can't do anything about that) and that it's trying to get my exp to the 7.5 and lowers the other stats to do it, hence lowering overall DPS. I think I'll go with the lower DPS, higher Exp reforge as RNG tends not to favor me. :P

Well in their current state I wouldn't spend too much focusing on tier four as Elemental Mastery is crazy strong compared to the other two. I didn't do the math myself (Purge did) but right now the worst case scenario for EM is it comes out to be 35% stronger than Echo, and that's with our 4set which favors echo by a lot.

New 90 might come down to fight and preference, if anything. All three appear to be pretty close together, especially UF and PE. If nothing else we might finally have the interesting choice between burst and steady we thought we were getting when the talents were first revealed, we'll have to see though.

Does this also mean that haste comes out on top again?

Does this also mean that haste comes out on top again?

That would be my logical conclusion, but keep in mind this is all very early and it is premature to make such an assessment. I'd be interested to see our set bonuses in this regard. Also I'd say it would be fight dependent as well because of how steady mastery is versus the decline in haste's usefulness on some fights.

Has anyone done any serious testing with elemental blast for pre 490 ilvl gear? I'm seeing the agility proc rate slightly higher than the other 3 but that's just preliminary. I'm wondering if anyone else has solid numbers.

I can only give you that much as an answer:

PTR (90 sec EM):

Pre-raid - Simulationcraft Results (2.007% spread)

No set - Simulationcraft Results (1.999% spread)

4p T14 - Simulationcraft Results (1.698% spread)

4p T15 - Simulationcraft Results (1.625% spread)

Purge did thos sims a while ago, but it's the latest thing we have. Sadly there is no parse with T14_NH gear, but having pre-raid and T14_H might give you some ideas at last.

I'm still wondering if Searing Totem scales with Haste .. and if so ... how well ? I just saw posts were people were guessin' if or if not, but i think there was no answer given ?

Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Is it still a benefit to be able to time the internal Windfury CD with SS? I haven't seen anyone mention the internal CD on windfury in MoP or whether swing timing is still a viable dps gain.