Meaning

Warlock Simple Questions Thread: Mists Edition

169 posts in this topic

Here is a simplified question to that:

What is the current high DPS spec for some one at iLVL 480 not using proc's from any tier gear.

A lot of us are seeing Demonology being posted as the new king of DPS on various places and wondering if it's true or not, without wanting to spend the gold on re-gemming and re-enchanting to find our for ourselves.

When in doubt, simulate.

You don't have to spend humongous amounts of cash to run some simple sims, and you can simulate different scenarios.

I am not sure if this is the right place but this is the only place I could think of.

Would you guys say that the simulation results ,that show affliction in t14 gear at the bottom of dps ranking, reflect realistically on where afflic is in game?

I have run simulations. I have tried demon and destro, and in both cases I was able to pull higher dps, sometimes without even having played the spec for a whole day or trying as hard. I get that one would have the upper hand over the other in some fights. But overall in afflic in this patch I find myself struggling having to have full focus just to put on an acceptable dps that still trails behind other classes, even though it's my main spec, and the one I play nearly 100% of the time

Others think that I am off, along with the simulation results, and that I should be near the top if not the top of dps ranking regardless of ilevel 496,502,512,522 etc.

No. Not realistic at all. The itemization for the T14H profile didn't change but the game did, so that is why you are seeing that. No bearing on reality at all unless you go out of your way to gem/reforge/enchant poorly.

I am not sure if this is the right place but this is the only place I could think of.

Would you guys say that the simulation results ,that show affliction in t14 gear at the bottom of dps ranking, reflect realistically on where afflic is in game?

I have run simulations. I have tried demon and destro, and in both cases I was able to pull higher dps, sometimes without even having played the spec for a whole day or trying as hard. I get that one would have the upper hand over the other in some fights. But overall in afflic in this patch I find myself struggling having to have full focus just to put on an acceptable dps that still trails behind other classes, even though it's my main spec, and the one I play nearly 100% of the time

Others think that I am off, along with the simulation results, and that I should be near the top if not the top of dps ranking regardless of ilevel 496,502,512,522 etc.

have you tried to put all and i mean all your stat into haste and using observer? with around 500ilvl im able to be first or second dps in my raid

have you tried to put all and i mean all your stat into haste and using observer? with around 500ilvl im able to be first or second dps in my raid

I am fully into haste, I use simulations, to check the weights and the reforge plots for haste and mastery just to check if I do see any realistic impact on my dps, I also also switch grimoire talents to see if any is better(didn't' see much of a difference, maybe didn't' try it for long enough). So I ended up all in haste to see how it goes, but I still don't see myself at the top or near it at all. So with your 500ish gear, which is around my level too, you find yourself topping something like, 140-150k on Jin'rokh the breaker and 160k-180k on Horridon? cause that's what I see some other classes around my ilvl do.

I mentioned those jut as examples first things that came into my mind, horridon maybe a bad example, I know in some fights like horridon, I am never gonna have the advantage, 130-140 seems to be the average bracket.,even if I go full throttle and start clicking and going at it like crazy, by my calculations I would only end up at the end of 140k, ( a bit rng might take it up or down a bit) but that's around the most I would see myself at this point after taking most if not all the chances I am given and using them in a somewhat decent manner. In destro of course you could go more than that without even trying, thinking or paying attention to details as much, which is fine. Some specs are better at some fights than others.

But what I am noticing is that not in a fight or two, I just seem to be having a harder time overall in afflic for results that are not as satisfying.

Maybe it's just me becoming sloppy without even knowing it then, if everyone seems to be fine XD

Hello,

I would post this in the Warlock SimC thread but I am not familiar with SimC to show my results. Why is Shivarra/Succubus not being used to test AoE fights? Lash of pain does roughly 50% of blade dance's damage as an AoE with 2/3rd the energy cost as an AoE. I tried simming 8 man AoE and comparing shivarra vs observer on my destro lock but she pulled lower numbers due to no use of Fellash.

How do I configure SimC to use lash of pain? I would love to find out the results.

Hi. I am a recent coming back warlock that raided since the beginning till firelands, when I started lvling I was like WOOH everything changed. Is there any guide or something like that that explains better rotations, talents, and everything? EJ usually had that kind of thread but seems that now its only having the simcraft one.

How does Seed of Corruption snapshot stats? Does it take your haste/crit/mastery/sp at the time that SoC is placed on the target and apply those same values to the Corruption that's spread when it explodes?

I'm stuck and have no idea how to improve my DPS as a Demonology Warlock. I'm following the rotations found in SimulationCraft and available on Noxxic. Not only am I unable to reach anywhere close to the simulations after importing my character (which is to be expected) but I also seem to be performing under the 10th percentile on raidbots (drawn from WoL) despite having moderate gear (ilvl 514). My DoT uptimes are usually 90%+ and I'm using Dark Soul on cooldown. Clearly I'm missing something huge, but I'm at a big of a loss as to what that is.

The following are links to some of my fights that seem to be pretty good indicators: Jin'rokh the Breaker, Horridon, Council of Elders, Tortos, Ji-Kun (Platform), Durumu the Forgotten, Iron Qon

I was hoping some theorycrafters and other good Warlocks might be able to spot the problem that I can't seem to find.

I'm garbage with the simcraft program right now - and the top DPS warlocks using my spec on my server use a Mastery>Haste>Crit priority as well as GoSac.

I'm wondering if that's the proper path, or if some one can explain why they're getting such high numbers using these stat priorities and talents?

Here is my toon, I output around 102k DPS in a fight like Durumu where there is some decent movement going on in certain phases. It feels incredibly low, and I'm trying to improve based on stats and talents before looking into my rotation further and reforge.

Naamtar @ Kargath - Community - World of Warcraft

Thanks to whoever takes a moment to look this over and offer advice!

Im wondering how people feel about reaching 14k haste as demonology? Obviously this hard to do and would require high ilevs to achieve without losing huge amounts of mastery, however it gives an extra tick of doom with the EA, meaning if its buffed by the lei shen trinket, thats an extra wild imp, which are always fun. Though atm this is probably a bad idea, with 5.3 in a few days and item upgrades coming back, could this be a viable thing to reach for? Or should demo locks stick with 8100-ish and stack mastery?

Why does simulationcraft use GoSac as top spec for patchwerk-style fight for demonology?

Demo+GoService=227732 dps

Demo+GoSac=224467 dps

GoSac is really only useful when used with the lei shen trinket and in multi-target situations. Otherwise, the burst GoService offers is the better option.

UVLS dropped so I'm exploring Demonology. Two quick questions:

1) What would you do if you were in Meta and MC popped? Ignore it? Drop out of Meta?

2) What rules of thumb do you use for going into and out of Meta?

UVLS dropped so I'm exploring Demonology. Two quick questions:

1) What would you do if you were in Meta and MC popped? Ignore it? Drop out of Meta?

2) What rules of thumb do you use for going into and out of Meta?

1) If you have demon soul active or large int procs PLUS You have enough demonic fury to stay in meta for duration of demon soul; Then go ahead and soulfire in meta, otherwise just spam ToC and use molten core procs outside of meta.

2) NEVER leave yourself with a time where your UVLS can proc but you can't pop meta. The general consensus is to stay between 70% and 90% of demonic fury while waiting for demon soul to become active, but it's really up to you, as long as you have enough fury to be in meta for all of demon soul, then you're good to go.

i was wondering if someone found a way to deal with the wild imps in demonology and the invisibility potion for the challenge mode gold. they dont seem to despawn after 24 or 30 sec while in the dongeon if they didnt have any target to attack. I tried to have the glyph and even if it is under cooldown and cant spawm more wild imps from the passive effect, doom still can... i saw many video with warlock in demo spec so i know there must be a way to deal with this.

p.s. : sorry for my bad english

I don't quite understand the comparison in this part of the APL:

(cooldown.dark_soul.remains>(120%(1%spell_haste)))
I am also not 100% sure on this part of the APL; is this the modulus operator?:
buff.dark_soul.up&demonic_fury%32>buff.dark_soul.remains

% is the divide operator in simcraft (don't ask why).

ie, you have over 32 fury per second for the remainder of darksoul, to be worth going into meta.

(cooldown.dark_soul.remains>(120%(1%spell_haste)))

Means that imp glyph will be off cd by the time darksoul comes off cd, so you may as well use it now. Imp glyph cd scaled by 120sec * (1 / spellhaste) - ie, 120 * (1 / 1.3) if you were naked and had lust.