Therya

[Resto] It's Raining Heals 5.4

141 posts in this topic

The tooltip states 10seconds duration not 11 however. Not sure how to calculate something that seems bugged to begin with. I will try to get an answer from the devs.

Healing Tide Totem shows 11s duration though and i'd rather believe them than ingame tooltips. The ingame amounts of ticks (though bugged) also confirm the 11s duration.

Yeah, please do so.

Edit: Let's just wait for the devs to answer then instead of guessing around.

Healing Tide Totem shows 11s duration though and i'd rather believe them than ingame tooltips. The ingame amounts of ticks (though bugged) also confirm the 11s duration.

Yeah, please do so.

Wowhead is often outdated in some parts. Best stick with ingame tooltips. 11 seconds are not matching up either. If you check my table as well as my screenshot we get 6+1 before your 9.10% breakpoint in several occasions.

I spent 3 hours today trying to make my calculations for HTT work.

Observations:

a) 10,0% haste: 5+1

b) 10,4% haste: 6+1

c) 30% haste: 7+1

d) no gear + AS + raidbuff (should be 10,25% if everything is working as intended): 5+1

e) Duration varies between 9 and 11 seconds

f) 2120 haste + AS + raidbuff + Hero/BL (should be 50,4%): 8+1

e) 1764 haste + AS + raidbuff + Hero/BL (should be 49,2%): 7+1

All we can see is that there seems to be a breakpoint at 10ish, possibly 30ish (hard to test with current gear) and 50ish percent.

Although those observations seem kinda odd and don't match any current haste calculations, we can see that forging out of all haste is possibly the best way to go at the moment since reforging for 30% haste will not be possible while maintaining an appropriate mastery/crit level. Any thoughts?

I run some testings today and it seems haste breakpoints are working again at least for me.

W4y1D.jpg

At 19.61% I get 6+1 ticks of HTT and at 20.35% I get 7+1 ticks.

The bug still seems to occur however.

Did you test this with a haste aura as well? Those auras aren't added to the value that's displayed in the character screen (although they are present and the haste calculation for casts seems just fine). I tested it yesterday as well (3764 and 4400 haste + AS/haste aura) and I didn't get 7+1 ticks. At least haste auras not affecting HTT would be a plausible explanation for the odd behavior of the totem. Sadly I can't get to such haste values with my current gear to verify your test results.

The percentage is what is important, it will always show you were you are in your haste levels because the haste auras do get added to that in your character screen. Nevertheless I retract my statement that it was fixed. It seems that at 20.51% sadly it again drops to 6+1 ticks. So the same bug persists where in random haste levels HTT will grand you with an extra tick.

The mechanics / synergy table states that Echo of the Elements works with Healing Rain. However, in a test involving well over 50 HR casts on only myself, I could not find a single occurrence of a duplicated HR tick. If true, this would leave EotE even less desirable.

The mechanics / synergy table states that Echo of the Elements works with Healing Rain. However, in a test involving well over 50 HR casts on only myself, I could not find a single occurrence of a duplicated HR tick. If true, this would leave EotE even less desirable.

It is true, from a sample of a 45 HR on myself I didn't get one proc either. It was definitely working on beta however it seems it was altered sometime later. I will update the table and yes, it seems this will drop the value of this talent even more.

I just took a look at this and i was getting 7 ticks at 12.96% with my healing tide.

I just took a look at this and i was getting 7 ticks at 12.96% with my healing tide.

You will get random extra or less ticks at random points in the haste range its true. At the moment HST and HTT are bugged and we have no information about any hotfixes I'm afraid.

if HST and HTT are bugged, should we aim at the non-goblin haste breakpoint 871 instead of 3764 atm ?

Right now, I'd say it's more a question of how much extra mana you can afford to spend and if you feel you need more reliable throughput during bursts. It's definitely not something that's gonna make or break you and I'm seeing people on the top of WoL reforging either way.

As long as HTT and HST are displaying abnormal behavior there is no reason to reforge to 3764 (3306 for goblins). While any haste rating will not actively harm your character, at this point you are better off allocating these points to either mastery or crit. One of the problem that arises is that, the more we progress the better the gear we get thus making it very hard to reforge haste down to 871(441 for goblins). This leaves us with :

1. The choice of reforging away all haste to mastery and crit and work with whatever we have left.

2. If we are left with too much haste after reforging we can opt to forgo Ancestral Swiftness and talent into Elemental Mastery instead. Remember for this option we will still need to keep track of haste cap for Riptide, Healing rain and Earthliving Weapon which is 3039 ( 2588 for goblins).

Note :A lot of people are asking me whether it is wise to experiment with breakpoints that randomly give you that extra tick. An example is when haste is at 20.35% ( 8649 with no raid or personal auras, 6214 with one aura, 3894 with both auras). It is not advisable however to do so mainly because we are not aware of how or when this bug occurs making it both unpredictable and unstable. We can never know for sure that the example of 20.35% haste will always produce 8 ticks of HTT.

As I couldn't find a good way to easily determine the effectiveness of mastery for any given fight, I've written a small addon for myself that will print out the average mastery multiplier after a fight. The way it works is that every time you land a heal it will estimate the target's health percentage before the heal landed and then use the amount healed as weight, so that bigger heals have a bigger effect on the final value. If the addon prints 0.42 at the end of a fight and you have 50% mastery, all your mastery together added about 21% healing on average. The addon should provide a very good estimate to how strong mastery is for a fight, however it is not a perfect measure.

Anyway, as the question regarding mastery came up in the simple questions thread and it didn't seem like there was actually a whole lot of data behind the 50% recommendation, I figured others might be interested in an addon like this as well. You can find it here on curseforge.

While the addon seems solid and it is a good way to quantify your mastery , the problem lies in the fact that you have nothing to really compare it to. If lets say my mastery contributed 21% healing on this fight, is this a good number? What is the optimal number that our mastery needs to contribute in a fight? And at what point does crit give you more than what mastery would? The problem with healing is that every fight is different. It is different depending on who are your raiders, what is your raid size, how far into progression you are, overhealing, damage output etc. There is actually data behind the 50% ( a number which people keep taking literally although I never stated you should do so) just not the data that would pinpoint you to an actual number simply because there can never be one the way shaman mastery works. What I have tried to provide in the guide is information on which health percentages mastery is surpassing crit and vice versa. It is impossible to predict however what this means for every resto shaman out there since every fight will be different, the responsibility lies on yourself to compare logs and parses and decide what suits you better following the guidelines. Do you find that by percentage ( lets say 80% of the fight) your raid is below 64%? Then go for mastery and not just 50% or 60% go for as much as you can. We all know though that there is no fight that has such damage profile in this tier. There is no magical number for mastery. There is no magical number for crit either.There is a delicate balance depending on your needs and your raids health percentages during the fights. All this thread can give you is the data to determine that, the choice will remain yours regardless.

I will quote myself here but it seems that people are overlooking it :

While the above guidelines are generally designed for a balanced throughput and mana efficiency remember that you will be the one deciding on how to proceed. You should run some raids, check your performance using your logs and then revisit your spell composition. Be mindful of the health levels of your raid and act accordingly. If your raid is below ~40% for most of the fight you should invest points in mastery. If you find that your raid is topped very quickly after incoming damage, your mastery is better spent in crit. If you struggle with people dying before your heals land, maybe you need more haste even at the expense of not abiding with haste breakpoints. As a rule of thumb, never stop evaluating yourself , combat log is your best friend in game.

While the addon seems solid and it is a good way to quantify your mastery , the problem lies in the fact that you have nothing to really compare it to. If lets say my mastery contributed 21% healing on this fight, is this a good number? What is the optimal number that our mastery needs to contribute in a fight? And at what point does crit give you more than what mastery would?

You can directly compare the "Mastery Effect" number to the numbers given in the main thread's mastery section. If the effect of mastery is say 0.21, then the average HP of your heals' targets is 1 - 0.21 = 79%. If you are mainly AoE healing, then mastery will provide more throughput than crit over the course of the entire fight if the effect of mastery is above 0.33. As this comparison ignores both how mastery may still be stronger and more reliable during high damage parts of a fight and how crit will likely still win out in an HPM comparison, I still wouldn't recommend making this the only factor by which you decide what to go for.

The problem with healing is that every fight is different. It is different depending on who are your raiders, what is your raid size, how far into progression you are, overhealing, damage output etc. There is actually data behind the 50% ( a number which people keep taking literally although I never stated you should do so) just not the data that would pinpoint you to an actual number simply because there can never be one the way shaman mastery works.

This is absolutely true. One of the reasons I decided to write the addon was that I felt that even with all the information provided in this thread and around the internet, it was still very difficult to optimize stats for my own raid composition and progression.

Hello,

First of all thank you for this great rsham guide, it's very usefull. I post here because I'm a little bite lost and seeking for advice with the HTT and HST bugs. Til now, I was raiding with the 3k3 hast cap (I'm gob), more or less 50% mastery approx 10k spi and all the rest reforged in crit.

Now that I saw your guide, I'm reconsidering my options. I dropped out AS for EM and set my haste lvl at 2588 as you said it 2 or 3 posts earlier (is this correct or did I misunderstood smthg?). The reason behind that is that I can't reforge down my haste below 2k and it's just a waste to aim for the 441 cap. After that I did reforge all my items into crit, setting my mastery at 50-51%.

Well, you can see all that on my armory profile I guess.

It will still be cool if I could have your advice, considering my gear to obtain the best throughput possible. I'm raiding 25 men and I must say that I'm a little bit lost on how to optimize myself at best for raiding atm.

Thank you

A few days ago I updated the Haste section of the guide to reflect all new changes in red with recommendations for reforging. Should be very clear, if not feel free to comment or pm me for more info. Also look at old comments if you are interested in the timeline of the issue, however the thread will now reflect all new info as accurately as possible with the data we have in our hands. I am posting below a table with my findings which can also be found here. I will update the spreadsheet with more data I have in hand however the most important are the ones I am including below. In the table buffs that are used are also represented, although it shouldn't matter for the result as the actual haste percentage is what is essential.

[TABLE=head]||Buffs||Ticks||

Haste|None|5%|10%|HTT|HST|Latency

0.00%|●|||6|8|95

5.00%||●||6|9|89

9.01%||●||6|9|88

10.05%||●||6|9|105

10.20%||●||6|9|117

10.58%||●||6|9|89

11.27%||●||7|9|89

13.32%||●||7|9|95

14.03%||●||7|9|84

14.97%||●||7|9|84

20.02%|||●|7|9|95

20.72%|||●|7|10|89

21.30%|||●|7|10|84

22.19%|||●|7|10|51

23.16%|||●|7|10|84

25.56%|||●|7|10|51

27.28%|||●|7|10|84

29.67%|||●|7|10|50

30.00%|||●|8|10|94

30.00%|||●|8|10|50

33.43%|●|||8|10|84

35.10%|●|||8|11|51

43.20%||●||8|11|96

45.11%||●||8|11|53

45.74%|||●|8|11|121

47.58%|||●|9|12|117

53.03%||●||9|12|51

57.88%|||●|9|12|84

[/TABLE]

What is important to notice are the breakpoints where ticks are increasing or for that matter breakpoints that they should increase but they don't due to latency. In red we can see the points where we should be getting a new tick but we didn't and in green we can see the points were we should get a tick and we did. These occurrences only take place very close to the actual breakpoints (1%-5% difference) and they have to do with server load and our own latency. They also seem to be working differently for HST and HTT. Whereas these two totems in theory share the same haste breakpoints, our observed values place HST very close to its actual breakpoints and subjective mostly to our own latency whereas HTT seems to suffer from both server and our own load. You should not look at these results as a way to introduce special reforge points for HTT and HST. The percentages are subject to change depending on your own server load and your own latency. These values can only be used as a reference point for an example of reverse calculating of server latency in an attempt to prove the theoretical part of the problem. At this point it is safe to completely disregard any haste breakpoints concerning our totems and reforge as if they didn't exist.

I still highly disagree with your assumptions about HTT. Your and my testing clearly showed that, in fact, there are breakpoints at 10, 30 and 50% unless you have data at hand that proves me wrong. At the moment, those breakpoints aren't all that interesting because you'll get them anyway or would have to sacrifice too many other stats to reach them, stating in your first post that the HTT's breakpoints are the same as the HST's one is not accurate in any observations we have made. I know that it should be, but in fact it isn't and that's what we should focus on right now.

Concerning the latency issues: I guess you've done a lot of testing, is there a way to tell at which latency you would need X haste above the breakpoint to guarantee another tick? It might be a valuable option to reforge for 20.5 or 21% haste in order to get another HST tick. I know we're talking about minmaxing here, but another HST tick will improve our raid healing ability when the raid is spreaded by quite a bit, so it's definitly a choice to consider even if it might not be optimal for pure hps numbers, but taking chances is basically what we do since Cataclysm (mastery vs. haste/crit discussion), so why stop here and just ignore the fact that haste might be useful after all.

Further, I still think that you're underestimating the value of AS. Elemental Mastery is another raid healing cooldown and can be stacked with our other cooldown and is definitly a viable choice. While I feel comfortable with my raid healing cooldowns, what I am missing is a single target CD and this is where AS combined with the full benefit of our mastery is an incredible lifesaver. I would agree though that AS isn't mandatory at all and that EM vs AS is a choice everyone would have to make on his own.

The way we calculate HR and HTT haste breakpoints is different which is why they cannot share the same breakpoints. HR is a spell with adjusted duration while HTT and HST have their durations fixed and won't change according to our haste levels. HST and HTT follow the same method of calculation and due to their fixed values, if the problem we are facing with didn't exist they would follow the same breakpoints for different ticks. Note also that what I have stated in the guide is that there isn't a problem in the formula meaning that the way of calculating them is correct so the problem lies elsewhere.

While HTT shows that it follows HR breakpoints in fact it doesn't, the only reason it appears that it does in certain breakpoints is due to server load adding from 200ms up to 1000ms to its duration. The important thing to note here is that world latency and home latency changes over time and location. One place in the world, or one instance, will have a different load, and a different latency value. It also changes over time, depending on what's going on in the instance mentioned, and the amount of people in the instance mentioned. Your personal world MS and home MS will also spike and drop, one second it can be 40 ms, and the other it can be 120 ms. This is in every respect, impossible to predict. Consider also that when you are conducting experiments you are doing so in a safe "stable" environment. While in a raid instance expect these results to already be different. Chasing the magic value, is ultimately futile, because the moment you drop your HTT or HST, you can have low latency, or high latency, server or playerside. Aiming for a high haste value to offset this, and "bank" on being above the required amount of haste is a gamble that can not be recommended.

In game personal testings are not a reliable way of calculating haste breakpoints when server load and your own latency are involved. In fact this is exactly what I am trying to discourage people to do, go on a ghost hunt for breakpoints that are fluid and will be different for every single player due to the reasons described above. You should not base your reforging on luck and in the hopes of getting another tick when you cannot be absolutely sure of when this will occur. My testings and your testings are unique for your character and your server and the fact they somewhat coincide is irrelevant, someone else's testings with different latency and different server load will show different breakpoints. The only reason we conduct this experiment is to prove that theoretical results differ from practical, not to actually calculate new haste breakpoints based on personal findings and assume they will be the same for the whole playerbase.

Concerning reforging.The reasons above explain why we cannot calculate a safe percentage of haste which another tick is guaranteed which will be consistent for every single player in game. While it would be valuable to be able to do so I cannot recommend reforging based on the gamble that is server load and our own latency. With results interchanging in between these factors it is not possible to find a safe spot for the entirety of the resto shamans out there. In fact I would be entirely unwilling to do so even for myself as well as for my own servers resto shamans unless there was a way to guarantee I will always have the same server and home latency.

The tables below present with the percentages of hypothetical haste breakpoints based on various values of ms the server will add to our totems.

[TABLE=head]HST|# Ticks|Breakpoints|+200ms|+300ms|+400ms|+500ms|+600ms

|

|6.64%|5.24%|4.58%|3.87%|3.23%|2.54%

|

|20.01%|18.45%|17.61%|16.86%|16.11%|15.37%

|

|33.29%|31.54%|30.68%|29.83%|28.99%|28.16%

|

|46.68%|44.77%|43.83%|48.81%|41.89%|40.99%

|

|59.94%|57.92%|56.80%|55.82%|54.86%|53.79%

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=head]HTT|# Ticks|Breakpoints|+200ms|+300ms|+400ms|+500ms|+600ms|700ms|770ms|950ms

|

|20.01%|17.61%|16.52%|15.37%|14.25%|13.22%|12.14%|11.39%|9.56%

|

|40.01%|37.22%|35.92%|34.63%|33.29%|32.06%|30.85%|30.00%|27.84%

|

|59.94%|56.80%|55.34%|53.79%|52.38%|50.89%|49.53%|48.53%|46.15%

|

|79.94%|76.44%|74.75%|73.09%|71.45%|69.85%|68.28%|67.15%|64.41%

|

|99.90%|95.98%|94.08%|92.22%|90.39%|88.59%|86.83%|85.61%|82.57%

[/TABLE]

The values marked with blue reflect the values of my testings above. We can clearly see that HTT and HR almost follow the same breakpoints but not quite. In fact while HR first breakpoint is at 9.98% HTT first is at around 11.39% with an added of around 770ms. For the second breakpoint HR and HTT coincide and HTT has again 770ms added although they are both at 30% (We cannot be absolutely sure that the number for HTT wasn't below that ). For the third breakpoint HR is at 49.98% whereas HTT is at around 46.15% with an 950ms. We can clearly see that there isn't a consistent number of ms added to HTT at every given time so trying to reforge to a higher percentage in order to get that extra tick is not advisable.

As a personal note, whoever wants to take the gamble they are more than welcome to do so, but I cannot recommend it in the guide. What I can do is present with the data needed in order for players to be informed, the decision will always rest within each player.

Further, I still think that you're underestimating the value of AS. Elemental Mastery is another raid healing cooldown and can be stacked with our other cooldown and is definitely a viable choice. While I feel comfortable with my raid healing cooldowns, what I am missing is a single target CD and this is where AS combined with the full benefit of our mastery is an incredible lifesaver. I would agree though that AS isn't mandatory at all and that EM vs AS is a choice everyone would have to make on his own.

Remember that as of 5.1 Ancestral Swiftness now has a 1.5 min cooldown, up from 1 min. This unfortunately devalues this talent even more if we don't need it's passive haste. If you feel you need that extra CD of course you should choose this talent. Raid survivability will always be valued above our own numbers however in this guide HPS plays a huge role. My recommendations always aim for best HPS (with a few choice exceptions) however this shouldn't mean that this is the only route to go. As always take any information you need then make an informed decision for your class, your healing assignment and your raid.

I have some questions to submit:

Haste break tiers

While terribly depressing and disappointing, Therya's testing have been very useful, thanks again for finding out and sharing.

I'm not sure I fully understand though, why does this thing happen only to HST and HTT but not to other spells usually subject to haste/ticks tiers? Because they are not spells being cast but "totems" (i.e. like NPCs?) physically casting the spells?

From Therya's post #71 I didn't completely understand if there is an approximate way to calculate the excess of haste you're supposted to be adding, given a certain amount of average latency. Altough I did get his general suggestion is not to aim for those tiers at all and just stop after 871.

Also, if I can add my opinion on the board, Ancestral Swiftness is still a very useful cooldown to use at specific times (despite the fact its cooldown is now higher).

Also about haste, its relevance beyond the 871 tier may be limited, but it's still there. It gives you a marginal edge on speedcasting, gcd, and also faster manareturns on fights where you can make use of Telluric Currents (faster casting = faster mana return, no?)

Glyph of Water Shield

While of course still subject to personal playstyle, as Therya already said, it would be good if in the future that general guideline could be expanded to include HC fights as well. For some of those there's no difference from the normal, but I figure at least a few HC would benefit from the glyph way more than the normal version.

Another question, why isn't the glyph suggested for Garalon? The constant nature damage from Pheromones would suggest a high activation rate of the water shield orbs, unless for some reason that kind of damage doesn't proc it? In which case I wonder why, many other aoe abilities trigger Water Shield, no?

Ascendance

Anybody knows of a detailed test somewhere explaining exactly how this buff works? How the spells get "duplicated", how much time it takes (I always got the feeling it takes some time), how the target of the duplicated effects are smartly chosen among raid members, the approximate radius of the effect, how does it affect AoE spells. For example we know it works on HR "ticks", but what about CH jumps?

I'm trying to understand if it would be worth to use specific rotation of spells to maximize the throughput of the spell, or if you should just do smart-healing as usual.

We don't know why this bug occurs with HST and HTT we only know that it does and we are trying our best to understand how in order to tackle the matter. There is no way to calculate the excess haste which is why I cannot recommend trying to calculate how to add it to our current haste rating in order to get that extra tick. The numbers I posted are merely to be used as reference points not as the new haste breakpoints as again, it is impossible to sustain a specific server and home latency as these are subject to continuous change.

Ancestral swiftness is always a useful talent however as of 5.1 it saw a nerf. Now its instant portion is 1.5min up from 1min. Anyone should feel free to chose it if they feel they need it just remember that 5% haste is 2125rating.While it is not possible to allocate these points to either spirit or mastery or crit, consider its actual magnitude when it comes to the HPS loss if we chose another talent. As previous tiers have shown us haste is directly related to our mana sustainability during a raid meaning if we have enough mana to sustain ourselves then haste will be a better stat regardless.

Telluric currents is a glyph up for dispute. Its mana returns are awfuly tedious however it serves a purpose in times when either you have nothing else to do (ie on elegon while the pillars are up ) or you are just out of mana so the only thing you can do is cast lightning bolts.Below a quote from my personal blog with some theorycrafting on the subject might shed some light :

As an example I will bring up my most recent kill in Heart of Fear, where in an almost 6 min fight I spend 63seconds casting 30 Lightning bolts in order to get 52200k mana back. I spend 16.6% of the fight not healing but otherwise dpsing in order to get 17.4% of my mana pool back AKA less than 2 Healing Rains worth of mana while factoring in Spirit Regen. So Telluric Currents is almost out of the question especially considering that the glyph of Totemic Recall will recall your Healing Stream totem and give you all its mana back. A single cast of HST is worth 14100. In other words 3 GCDs would give you more mana back than what 63seconds of continuous casting LB would. Even if you are running with Primal Elementalist you can be sure you can find moments where your Fire or Earth Elementals are not up to recall that HST. 3 times in the whole fight is all it takes for that glyph to become more powerful than TC can ever be. Ghostcrawler himself said that TC glyph is now designed for Elemental shamans as a way to regen their mana and that if Restoration shamans needed a pick me up it would come from Resurgence.

When it comes to Glyph of Water Shield , personal testings from my own WoL and other raiding resto shamans have confirmed the table that is up on the Water Shield section. It applies for both NM and HM of the current tier with very few exceptions. When it comes to Garalon I raid 25man and I am never asked to pick up pheromones. As such the times Water Shield is activated vary from 5 to 9 for the entire fight. Therefore running with WS glyph is a nerf to our mp5. If anyone has evidence that pheromones activate WS I would be very interested to look at your logs and update the guide accordingly.

Ascendance works as the green crystal worked in Ultraxion in the previous tier during Dragon Soul. Once activated our spells ( for detailed information about which ones are affected please refer to the Lost Synergy / Procs Table part of the guide) will be duplicated and distributed to all raid members within 30yards with no exception. It is not a smart heal meaning it will hit everyone even if they are fully healed.

We don't know why this bug occurs with HST and HTT we only know that it does and we are trying our best to understand how in order to tackle the matter.

Thanks for your patience in answering me.

Anybody tested if 5.1 changed anything about it? Not in patch notes, but you never know of course. Actually it makes me wonder, has any blue ever acknowledged this issue or said anything about it?

Telluric currents is a glyph up for dispute.

I've been using it "efficiently" on a lot of fights (10men). Feng in phase 1-2, Spirit Kings, a bit in Will of the Emperor and a lot in Elegon, helped me up a lot there.

It's ironic since I used to hate it in Cata, where it was undoubtely much better.

Still, your point of view gave me a lot to think about, thanks :)

When it comes to Garalon I raid 25man and I am never asked to pick up pheromones.

Oh me neither, but I meant another part of the debuff, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Allow me to quote Icyveins

"1.While Pheromones is active (so, always), it will constantly deal a small, yet increasing amount of Nature damage to the entire raid, every 2 seconds."

Unless this kind of damage doesn't proc Water Shield (since I didn't test it myself), this fight should be one of the best for the glyph?

If it doesn't proc it I'd like to know why, since there are other AoE abilities that do proc Water Shield just fine.

please refer to the Lost Synergy / Procs Table part of the guide)

Oh but I had checked that already (thanks btw! ;)).

I just wanted a better insight on the buff to understand if there is any valid reason to change our rotation during Ascendance or if we should just play as normal and enjoy the additional healing we get from it.

I was concerned about the totem bug a little while ago as I found one night I was at a higher latency and missing some ticks - but typically I play with a low latency so I never really caught it. The past couple days I've been fiddling around with gems, forging and talents and absolutely can't find a work around to ensure that I'm getting the tick every time no matter where I play or no matter the conditions I play under.

Working towards more heroic encounters the extra pulse on HTT is an excellent addition to the cooldown and HST can make up a large amount of free healing over time with the Recall glyph.

Some testing in game proves that with my standard gameplay elements in place (50-90ms latency at any given time) that I can obtain the additional tick, but at several different levels of haste(I took off a couple pieces of gear and still got an additional tick on HTT). To ENSURE I'm getting it though, without wasted stats, would be optimal.

Was there ever an official blizzard reply regarding this issue, and can anyone link it?

And as a side note, the currently live RSham 4p was changed with 5.1.

Shaman T14 Restoration 4P Bonus - Your Tidal Waves ability grants an additional 5% cast time reduction to Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave, and an additional 5% critical chance to Healing Surge, rather than granting 1 additional charges each time it is triggered.