Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tehax

Death Knight: Mists Simple Q & A

59 posts in this topic

It is worth to cap hit/expertise as blood dk (for more Scent of Blood procs)? Almost all top raiding bdk don't bother with it, but I still asking, because of more runic power, mean more tier 5 procs for more runes, and more death strikes.

The stat weights calculated for 2H frost have Haste at greater than half the value of Strength. However, there are absolutely zero DKs actually gemming as if this were the case. I thought perhaps folks had run their own sims and had seen that these weights are a bit off at current gear levels (Simcraft is giving me fits at the moment and I can't check myself), but even the BiS list has red gems used.

Does the community just flat out not believe the calculated stat weights, should we be worried about capping haste already, or is this just being missed?

I socketed haste after 2 50k sims showed me at 1.42 for haste and 2.63 for str for quite a ways up on the plot points.

I would imagine most people either a) know that at some point str will be better and so are doing it now, or b) don't trust the change in theory and aren't going to change their minds anytime soon.

I personally found a dps increase and a QoL increase because of the extra haste. Having runes be more reliable and consistent made game play easier, which was worth any possible loss.

I socketed haste after 2 50k sims showed me at 1.42 for haste and 2.63 for str for quite a ways up on the plot points.

I would imagine most people either a) know that at some point str will be better and so are doing it now, or b) don't trust the change in theory and aren't going to change their minds anytime soon.

I personally found a dps increase and a QoL increase because of the extra haste. Having runes be more reliable and consistent made game play easier, which was worth any possible loss.

I did sim's and scaled my weights and it showed haste greater then half to. Though I tried gemming haste and then simm'd at 50k again and my dps went down by about 2-4k. That is why I don't gem pure haste.

Sorry for the double post...

Quick question for you guys. Everytime I change a piece or two around and reforge/re-gem to meet Mr.Robots specifications (with the stat weights I get from simCraft) , and then run simCraft again, I get new stat weights. I understand your stat weights will flucuate but my haste and mastery keep flipping and I've reforged 7-10 pieces quite a few times just from mastery to haste or vice versa. What should I do?

Sorry for the double post...

Quick question for you guys. Everytime I change a piece or two around and reforge/re-gem to meet Mr.Robots specifications (with the stat weights I get from simCraft) , and then run simCraft again, I get new stat weights. I understand your stat weights will flucuate but my haste and mastery keep flipping and I've reforged 7-10 pieces quite a few times just from mastery to haste or vice versa. What should I do?

Use simcraft to run plots to show the break points for the stats.

Okay I added the plots but I dont notice anything different in my report. I also just ran simCraft while reforged to mastery, ran it again and haste > mastery ...reforged to haste and ran again...mastery > haste . What am I supposed to stick with? lol I assume mastery will be on top for multi target fights

It was said but I will say it again. Run your simcraft with plots and it will bring up another graph that shows the break points of haste, mastery, ect... At that point you know when to stop stacking mastery and stack more haste and vice versa.

Thanks for the help! When you guys run your sims do you limit the scale/plot choices? Right now I'm only doing str/haste/mastery, do you recomend more? Thanks

I would like to ask a question regarding item VP upgrades. Is it fair to assume, that considering our stat weights, the optimal upgrades for a DK will be:

If BIS or weapon then upgrade, otherwise upgrade the item that provide your highest main stat.

The item level increase is linear, and identical from one piece of gear to the next, with the only differences being it's initial budget (ie, gloves have less stats then chest or legs). If valor was an endless supply, I would agree with focusing on the highest primary stat gain, but due to the weekly caps I'd argue you might be better off banking it for that pretty purple you have been waiting for.

As far as straight throughput is concerned, you'll probably get the biggest bang for your buck focusing on weapons and trinkets (namely the DMC as it is so easily obtained, and arguably top 3 BiS before the upgrades).

In the end (excluding potential racial benefits), you don't want to waste 1500 valor on making a 489 Elegion a 497, only to have a 496 Scimitar of Seven Stars drop you could have upgraded to a 504.

There's a further complication to consider. Not all trinkets gain the same amount when upgraded. For example, here are the 3 trinkets contending for BiS before 5.1.

Darkmist Vortex - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB

Lei Shen's Final Orders - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB

Relic of Xuen - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB

[table]|static increase|proc increase|uptime

Darkmist Vortext heroic|101 STR|606 haste|~19.8%

Lei Shen heroic|95 haste|282 STR|~41.8%

DMC: Tiger|74 STR|235 STR|~32.1%[/table]

Hello,

I am currently wondering about 2 things concerning unholy and fail to find conclusive information. I know that summons no longer take snapshots these days, but how do diseases work? I used to apply diseases with strong buffs in order to keep them up with FS in their buffed state. Is this still possible?

Also, which is the best way to use on use trinkets? I currently use them when summoning Gary and Unholy Frenzy to maximize their effects, but I have read somewhere that it would be worth it to macro it with dark transformation because the ghoul in its buffed state has become quite powerful. Which one is stronger now?

Hello,

I am currently wondering about 2 things concerning unholy and fail to find conclusive information. I know that summons no longer take snapshots these days, but how do diseases work? I used to apply diseases with strong buffs in order to keep them up with FS in their buffed state. Is this still possible?

Also, which is the best way to use on use trinkets? I currently use them when summoning Gary and Unholy Frenzy to maximize their effects, but I have read somewhere that it would be worth it to macro it with dark transformation because the ghoul in its buffed state has become quite powerful. Which one is stronger now?

Diseases still have their damage calculated from the attack power values at the time they are applied, so it is best to apply them with as many buffs as you can and maintain that set of diseases as long as you can. As for the second part, and this could be the exhaustion talking, but I am not exactly sure what you are asking.

The best way to use on use trinkets is to maximise uptime.

This means you want to be using them as soon as they come off cooldown unless there's a special situation such as downtime on the boss (i.e. transition or "can't be attacked" phase) or Haste trinkets being used during Bloodlust/Heroism (this is due to the assumption that Heroism alone will be enough to GCD cap you).

If you can get trinkets to line up with cooldowns, great: Use them in conjunction since lining up CDs is usually good for us. But don't start delaying trinket usage unless there's a significant burn phase or DPS buff you're about to gain very shortly.

Does the rolling AP updating of summons extend to army of Timmy now too or is that still a snapshot as well as diseases?

Does the rolling AP updating of summons extend to army of Timmy now too or is that still a snapshot as well as diseases?

Army of the Dead now also dynamically updates in a fashion similar to the ghoul.

I have been following the DK forums discussions since they were created and I never saw a dedicated UI section specific to death knight. I found this a bit disconcerting considering the complexity of the class and having to monitor so many ressources. I feel that a well layed out UI plays a good part in helping achieve a better raid performance.

Can any of you send me a screenshot of his/her ui. Alternatively could any of the "senior" posters consider if adding a dedicated DK UI/mod sections could be beneficial tot he community?

Hello all. I would like to ask you about DS on Blood DKs. Does it still heals you if it doesnt land? Or did they fixed it , so I would need hit/expertise cap?

Hi guys, I have a question for you.

Right now, haste and mastery are basically simming neck and neck, and I don't know what to go for, so right now I gemmed haste and reforged mastery.

It seems like when I go haste and sim, mastery becomes more valuable, and vice versa. What am I supposed to do and when will a stat become clearly better?

EDIT: 492 ilvl

Hi guys, I have a question for you.

Right now, haste and mastery are basically simming neck and neck, and I don't know what to go for, so right now I gemmed haste and reforged mastery.

It seems like when I go haste and sim, mastery becomes more valuable, and vice versa. What am I supposed to do and when will a stat become clearly better?

EDIT: 492 ilvl

This question was actually answered in the simple questions thread, but I will make a re-iteration here, when you run simcraft set it up to run plots for haste and mastery, you can then see on a graph at what values of haste/mastery what you should be aiming for with the gear you have.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post or you misunderstood mine, but I did run sims, and haste and mastery are pretty even.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post or you misunderstood mine, but I did run sims, and haste and mastery are pretty even.

I think you misunderstood Thepiegod,

You shall run plots for haste and mastery to get more information about which stat will became better if your gear (and stats) increase. Specific stat weights for breakpoints are often not that usefull because they flip around each time you change some of the conflicting stats.

Greets

Thank you very much, and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

EDIT:

So I ran the plots, and I got this.

chart?chs=550x300&cht=lc&chf=bg,s,333333&chd=t:85511,85820,85579,85670,85672,85673,85754,85863,86012,85842,86016,85934,85951,85975,86197,86155,86141,86237,86274,86414,86380,86373,86368,86454,86502,86503,86573,86574,86664,86712,86683,86683,86616,86683,86924,87068,86953,86915,87128,86942,87038|85745,85652,85617,85710,85795,85780,85945,85929,85904,86056,86056,86037,86120,86011,86182,86376,86200,86409,86360,86347,86380,86340,86521,86445,86410,86695,86690,86547,86617,86623,86728,86718,86941,86741,86802,86926,86824,86985,86874,87027,86925&chds=85511,87128&chxt=x,y&chxl=0:|-500|-250|0|+250|+500|1:|85511|86380|87128&chxp=0,0,24.5,50,74.5,100|1,1,54,100&chdl=Haste|Mastery&chdls=dddddd,12&chco=0070DE,FFF569&chg=2.5000,10,1,3&chtt=DPS Scaling|Ozryel Damage Per Second&chts=dddddd,18

Not too helpful, lol.. Am I supposed to gem and reforge half and half?