Exemplar

[Ret 5.4 MoP] Retribution Concordance (RetCon) - Siege the Day

983 posts in this topic

i have a basic question that once i know the math, i can apply here forward.  I wanted to know how to calculate the increased damage based upon an increase in strength.

For example, when our trinkets proc and we get 15,000 strength, how much increase in DPS is that, so i know how to compare to Warrior of the Light, where we get a 5% damage increase.

Well ATM*, 1 Str = 2 AP, 2AP = 1SP, and 14AP = 1 weapon DPS. Hope that helps :) .

* WoD will change these calculations.

great thx.  so if i am doing 350k DPS and i get a proc from 15,000 strength, that would equate to 30,000 AP  Dividing that by 14 gives me 2142.85 weapon DPS.  Multiply that by my weapon speed of 3.6 and i get 7714 net DPS increase.  Is that correct?

Comparing that to 5% increase from Warrior of the Light (350,000 x .05 = 17,500) would show that i get more than double the benefit from Warrior of the Light.

Edited by Icharispally

It might be wiser, more accurate and faster to just simulate your toon in SimC with manually changing the strength values. There is a little more to strength than just weapon dps (the spellpower, which increases spelldmg which is amplified by mastery I think, etc.).

It might be wiser, more accurate and faster to just simulate your toon in SimC with manually changing the strength values.

Plus every attack benefits from either WeaponDPS * a modifier, or Spellpower * a modifier.  Most modifiers are greater than 100%.  So your damage is increasing by a value greater than WeaponDPS.

Not really sure why you're comparing a trinket to a set bonus.  It's rather apples and oranges.  One does not exclude the other - enjoy a tasty fruit salad.

Does anybody have a beta account yet and could do some testing? Or maybe even access to those special lvl 100 servers with raid dummies?

Is anybody at all still active here? Is there a way to support theory crafting with data? If so, how?

All WoD beta discussion for paladins is in the stickied thread here: forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/132193-warlords-of-draenor-paladin-discussion/

Most folks have migrated over there, since there's not much new ground to cover with paladins as they are in 5.4.