Melthu

[Resto] Simple questions + WoL Feedback

105 posts in this topic

There really isn't a right or wrong answer to the INT vs SPR question. Generally, more SPR is good until you are comfortable with the amount of regen you have for the encounters you are doing.

Based on the description of your situation, you are comfortable with that, so INT may be the best bet for you at this point.

I still don't see why you'd throw away free socket bonuses.

You may have enough spirit for your regen, but as Hamlet says there's no need to toss socket bonuses. If you're satisfied with your level of spirit, use a purple INT/SPI gem and reforge the spirit from the gem and the spirit from the socket bonus into mastery. This costs you 80 INT from not using the full red, but gains you 160 mastery from using a hybrid gem and 160 mastery for the bonus. Int is better than mastery, but it isn't 4 times better.

Dear druid healer friends,

Starting MoP i realize that my healing with druid is way too low or ineficent regarding other classes.

My big problem is mana regeneration and beside that i am way too low looking other classes.

I tried to reach first soft cap on haste 12.5 % but i didnt succeed so i get back to minimum needed 3043 Haste.

Here you can find an armory link Pascu @ Silvermoon - Community - World of Warcraft

I tried different styles of healing but due mana regeneration almost all fight i stay and do nothing :( cause i want to preserve mana to heal critical situations. Due to 2xset bonus i try to use much often Rejuvenation but still no healing increase.

I am considering myself pretty noob in healing but i need really an advice from experienced healers from here

Please if you have time and give me some useful advices i would be very happy.

I am using VuhDo as healing addo-n along with Bartender, Quartz, OmniCC.

Thank you in advance

Using Revitalizing Primal Diamond instead of Burning Primal Diamond would increase your spirit. Reforging crit in legs to spirit would give similar results. Buying Darkmoon healer spirit trinket and using it instead of Brewfest trinket would boost your mana regeneration.

Edit. For me it seems really strange choice of 2 glyphs. Glyph of Healing Touch: how often do you cast it? Glyph of Blooming: of course, some limited use in pve but most of the time you don't want to waste globals to reapply Lifebloom. Glyph of Wild Growth instead of other would certainly boost your performance.

Dear Mesitara,

Thank you for sugestions.

I change Burning primal with Revitalizing. Also i change glyphs and now have Wild Growth, Lifebloom and regrowth.

I dont have the money to buy the Darkmoon trinket yet so i have to deal with what i have.

In LFR i manage now a little more better than before and mana regen is also a little better.

As a healing tehnique let say :

On tanks i use : hot like rejuvenation and Life Bloom ( 3 stacks ) and fill with Nourish for cheap heal and Regrowth for quick large heal. For dramatic moment i go with Nature Swiftnes + Healing touch

The rest of raid i apply rejuvention more often due 2 X tier set bonus i have and Swiftmed and also for quick healing Regrowth

Also i go with Intelect food and flask ( cause are superior than spirit )

So generally should i get used with 2 or 3 rank in healing raid ? is really druid no match for priest, paly , shaman and monk in healing ?

Are some things which i am missing in order to perform better.

unfortunatley i dont have some log to share with ya.

Thank you in advance

I already knew the raiding history of your druid, but, since you specifically asked about LFR: elitistjerks isn't place to ask about strategies for LFR.

Do you use Wild Growth? Do other healers perform significantly better?

I already knew the raiding history of your druid, but, since you specifically asked about LFR: elitistjerks isn't place to ask about strategies for LFR.

Do you use Wild Growth? Do other healers perform significantly better?

Since i didnt have the chance to raid in normal modes but LFR i write what is happening in LFR.

I know that Elite is not the place for LFR comments.

Yes i am using Wild Growth this is the basic heal more or less .

The difference between me and other healers could be from 4 k up to 10 k ( ofc depend of the gear and player skill ) normally .

In terrace of endless spring in Tsulong boss paladin was 1 place with 60 k healing and me 30 k ( maybe i miss soemhing in figh mechanism ) but this case is singular . in rest is as i write before.

After i use your suggestions i perform better in healing

For Tsulong, you should be well equipped to have high output numbers. Night phase is almost completely effective hot healing (shrooms on CD in melee, WG on CD, SM on CD, SotF is very good here, RJ as mana allows), then day phase you are one of the best burst healers for those 6 seconds of buff from the breath. I haven't been able to get a perfect attempt in yet due to getting feared in day phase, but I was able to reach 100k hp/s on Tsulong (10 man normal) as a druid.

Quick question on how crit works with regrowth. If I had 35% crit on my character sheet and regrowth unglyphed, would regrowth crit every time? In other words does 35% crit + 5% crit buff + 60% crit from tooltip = 100% crit or is crit non additive and at some value sub 100%?

Quick question on how crit works with regrowth. If I had 35% crit on my character sheet and regrowth unglyphed, would regrowth crit every time? In other words does 35% crit + 5% crit buff + 60% crit from tooltip = 100% crit or is crit non additive and at some value sub 100%?

It's additive; that would give you 100% to crit.

For Tsulong, you should be well equipped to have high output numbers. Night phase is almost completely effective hot healing (shrooms on CD in melee, WG on CD, SM on CD, SotF is very good here, RJ as mana allows), then day phase you are one of the best burst healers for those 6 seconds of buff from the breath. I haven't been able to get a perfect attempt in yet due to getting feared in day phase, but I was able to reach 100k hp/s on Tsulong (10 man normal) as a druid.

Using shrooms is a huge waste of time in day time, I'm not even gearing for spirit and have no problem sustaining proper mana on Tsulong, spending 3 globals (3.6 sec) just to get that really low amount of healing isn't going to be effective if you have other things to use. If you're running oom you probably want to cast less regrowths/nourish/healing touches.

Since i didnt have the chance to raid in normal modes but LFR i write what is happening in LFR.

I know that Elite is not the place for LFR comments.

Yes i am using Wild Growth this is the basic heal more or less .

The difference between me and other healers could be from 4 k up to 10 k ( ofc depend of the gear and player skill ) normally .

In terrace of endless spring in Tsulong boss paladin was 1 place with 60 k healing and me 30 k ( maybe i miss soemhing in figh mechanism ) but this case is singular . in rest is as i write before.

After i use your suggestions i perform better in healing

Well first of all I'd suggest that you use worldoflogs.com, record your raids, look at what you did, then what the "good" logs did during the same period, chances are you're probably wasting mana on either healing that isn't necessary or on mana inefficent spells like Healing Touch, Regrowth or Nourish.

If you look at my logs for example I have very few casted heals, it's just very rarely benefical to you to use them, even when people are dangerously low there's better spells to cast, for example Rejuvenation + SM (Rejuvenation is instant so you have an entire GCD advantage over casting a regrowth), not to mention a Rejuvenation heals for like 20k+ instantly, which is more then enough to stabilize players normally (Remember that all healing isn't going to come from you, 20x3k + healthstone is in general what I expect, even though most classes have better instants (Power Word: Shield for example is 80k+ IIRC).

WoL: Dashboard - 02-01 16:29 - Nocuous - World of Logs

Boss: Tsulong

Armory: Beladda @ Arathor - Community - World of Warcraft

I swapped around talents and glyphs during the wipes. In the end I went with NV, NS and SotF. My new 4 piece made me want SotF. My issues were low throughput on raid & Tsulong combined with going massively oom after the first day phase. It seems I have the most actual healing on tsulong but not the highest hps.

So far my ideas are to use int food/flasks instead of spirit and to reduce my rejuv usage. Should I swap back to ToL? What is best to use during day phase?

Mainly I am just fusturated with my overall low hps on all fights this xpac and I do not want told back my team.

WoL: Dashboard - 02-01 16:29 - Nocuous - World of Logs

Boss: Tsulong

Armory: Beladda @ Arathor - Community - World of Warcraft

I swapped around talents and glyphs during the wipes. In the end I went with NV, NS and SotF. My new 4 piece made me want SotF. My issues were low throughput on raid & Tsulong combined with going massively oom after the first day phase. It seems I have the most actual healing on tsulong but not the highest hps.

So far my ideas are to use int food/flasks instead of spirit and to reduce my rejuv usage. Should I swap back to ToL? What is best to use during day phase?

Mainly I am just fusturated with my overall low hps on all fights this xpac and I do not want told back my team.

In 5.1 you always want Tree of Life, there's no situation where SotF beats it, atleast in this tier. Not to mention having 30 seconds of free healing is insanely broken on Tsulongs night phase.

More rejuvenation less Regrowths. Every single time you press regrowth you waste 18k mana. That's 15 seconds of my time with my regen, Regrowth is a terrible spell and the only time you should use it is to get rid of clearcasting proccs.

You pretty much need ToL + NV the entire tier so there's no reason to get rid of those ever, not to mention the alternatives are crap.

Here's one of my recent kills, you could use that to compare and decide what spells you want to cast less of and what to cast more of.

Analyze - 02-01 19:29 - Fortes Fortuna Juvat - World of Logs

After checking your armory there's two things I noticed. You're stacking way to much spirit, you don't need that much, especially not on Tsulong.

The second thing is that you're 700 haste above the cap, if you're confident you can practice well enough I'd suggest you go for 6652 haste cap (even though no one agrees with me in the main thread) because it gives you more power whenever you want power in 10 man. If you don't feel like you can practice the playstyle to perfection go for the 3043(not sure exactly what it's at).

Change the Qin-Xi's polarizing Seal trinket, it's complete garbage and the 463 heroic blue trinkets are better, 90% of the time the procc is going to be wasted when you have a chance on spellcast to procc thing, this is because you never have fights where you don't have downtime and if that proccs during any of the periods where you don't _need_ the extra power, you've just wasted 1000+ static int.

The reason spirit proccs aren't wasted is because you never sit on full mana after the first 15 seconds of a fight so the bonus spirit is always going to give you more mana.

Get rid of glyph of rejuvenation, nourish is even worse the regrowth but you want regrowth glyphed because there is events where you need a fast and strong heal in which case regrowth is the only button you have to press, not to mention improving the clearcasting proccs you'll get.

HI,

This is my first post to the forums but I've been reading for many years.

I've found myself a little stuck with a gearing choice and hoped someone could maybe throw some light on the situation.

I have normal raid hands and legs from the tier set and I've picked up token from lfr for the head and shoulders.

If I equip them I would be replacing a 496 head and a 510 shoulder.. I like raiding with Soul of the forest so I can see the set bonus suiting my play style but I can't get over the massive loss in stats.

Am I right to keep ignoring the 4 set bonus?

I hope this is enough info

Elunatic

Get rid of Soul of the Forest and go for 4 piece, SotF doesn't work at all atm and Tree of Life is vastly superior. That's my general idea of the situation but since I don't feel like doing 10+ minutes of math for you...

Could you sum up the stats you lose so it's easier for me to know what you're sacrificing?

I do use tree of life but I like the idea of playing with with Sotf on occasion as I want the burst Wild growth to deal with things like rain of blades on Wind Lord, or burst life bloom if the tank is taking a bit of a beating. When you say its not working atm do you mean its bugged or the maths don't make it viable. I've seen that they are increasing this to 70% in the PTR notes. I hope that sticks.

So to take the 4 piece I would lose the following stats

int 443

spirit 466

crit 74

haste 160

mastery 27

This is non reforged stats but including gems and socket bonuses. It might also make it impossible to reach the wild grwoth haste break point of 6652 which I can currently do.

You seem very pro the 4 pc bonus. is this simply for more eflo up time?

thanks

Well, particularly if you're using SotF, the 4-piece bonus is almost indispensable. It's what brings the SM cooldown close to the WG cooldown so you can use them in tandem without large wastage.

In 5.1 you always want Tree of Life, there's no situation where SotF beats it, atleast in this tier. Not to mention having 30 seconds of free healing is insanely broken on Tsulongs night phase.

Stone Guard, Feng, Elegon, Vizier, Blade Lord, Amber Shaper, Empress and Tsulong are all even or weighted towards SotF due to the significant sustained AoE damage.

More rejuvenation less Regrowths. Every single time you press regrowth you waste 18k mana. That's 15 seconds of my time with my regen, Regrowth is a terrible spell and the only time you should use it is to get rid of clearcasting proccs.

This is about as false as you can get. Tsulong healing requires hefty amounts of regrowth (about 32 minimum outside of cc procs). The numbers both you and Cyndessa are casting are not indicative of a healer healing Tsulong properly. Compare healing breakdown. Not the most recent log but the only one I have.

You pretty much need ToL + NV the entire tier so there's no reason to get rid of those ever, not to mention the alternatives are crap.

Here's one of my recent kills, you could use that to compare and decide what spells you want to cast less of and what to cast more of.

Analyze - 02-01 19:29 - Fortes Fortuna Juvat - World of Logs

After checking your armory there's two things I noticed. You're stacking way to much spirit, you don't need that much, especially not on Tsulong.

The second thing is that you're 700 haste above the cap, if you're confident you can practice well enough I'd suggest you go for 6652 haste cap (even though no one agrees with me in the main thread) because it gives you more power whenever you want power in 10 man. If you don't feel like you can practice the playstyle to perfection go for the 3043(not sure exactly what it's at).

6652 haste is roughly a 15% increase on 20% of your healing or a 3% increase overall at a loss of 3609 substat. Importantly, you don't gain any significant breakpoints on rejuv to do so.

Change the Qin-Xi's polarizing Seal trinket, it's complete garbage and the 463 heroic blue trinkets are better, 90% of the time the procc is going to be wasted when you have a chance on spellcast to procc thing, this is because you never have fights where you don't have downtime and if that proccs during any of the periods where you don't _need_ the extra power, you've just wasted 1000+ static int.

Again very misleading information, Qin-Xi's is a very strong trinket and although int procs are unreliable, it's not going to be wasted on Tsulong. (and the trinket still outperforms all others in terms of raw HPS potential) To say the blues are better is not true.

The reason spirit proccs aren't wasted is because you never sit on full mana after the first 15 seconds of a fight so the bonus spirit is always going to give you more mana.

This is true but with a tiny 45 second ICD Qin-Xi's can be controlled with relative ease to match up with many mechanics.

Get rid of glyph of rejuvenation, nourish is even worse the regrowth but you want regrowth glyphed because there is events where you need a fast and strong heal in which case regrowth is the only button you have to press, not to mention improving the clearcasting proccs you'll get.

Sound advice. Nourish should not really be cast ever in a raid environment, and not having the regrowth glyph will make you waste the majority of the hot on Tsulong. Other fights it can be used to some effect.

I've already given a bunch of feedback to Beladda via PM just wanted to make sure people could make an informed decision on speccing.

Not quite that bad, but in general it doesn't seem to be worth giving up other stats.

Using shrooms is a huge waste of time in day time, I'm not even gearing for spirit and have no problem sustaining proper mana on Tsulong, spending 3 globals (3.6 sec) just to get that really low amount of healing isn't going to be effective if you have other things to use. If you're running oom you probably want to cast less regrowths/nourish/healing touches.

There's no real reason to not use Shrooms on Day Phase, honestly. You have plenty of downtime before the first breath to lay them down, and the bloom doesn't cost a global so it's just a free 5*15*3k healing.

Hi guys,

I'm playing my druid since early TBC and switched a lot in specs, being either heal or tank. I remember the times where you rolled LB on everyone or you were using Reju mainly.

Time has come to look for serious improvement, thats why I'd really like to get feedback on my char and my playstyle to see where I can improve, so any feedback/constructive criticism is welcome :-)

Armory: Treenicillin @ Sylvanas - Community - World of Warcraft

WoL: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Thanks in advance!

edit: seems that I logged out with tank-gear. Shouldn't be a big deal as I use an i492-equipset with 3060 haste and reforging to mastery, having 9k spirit.

A couple quick suggestions for you.

Drop the Glyph of Rebirth for the Glyph of Regrowth. In MoP GoRebirth is nice, but more of a luxury, since Rebirth naturally brings the target to 60%. Generally this is enough that the target doesn't get instantly killed unless they were Rebirthed into a void zone or something anyway. On the other hand GoRegrowth allows you to drop Nourish and Healing Touch, since Regrowth will now heal harder than a non-crit Healing Touch for half the cast time, and approximately as efficiently as Nourish (more so if you count LS). It will also increase the power of your ToL, as you'll have many CC'd Regrowths.

Using Grand Empress 1/7 as an example, I would suggest using ToL more often. Even aside from the healing boost, it has mana saving properties as well, so you'll want to maximize your casts of it. Your Scroll of Revered Ancestors as well, you have 5 uses on a 9 and a half minute fight. If nothing else you can at least macro the scroll to everything, as outside the first 20 or so seconds of action it doesn't really matter when you hit it. And since I'm mentioning trinkets anyway I'll drop the obligatory mention of the Relic of Chi-ji and how it's quite good.

Having done those, I would suggest looking at how much spirit you really need. Exactly how much is going to be a personal question that you'll have to answer for yourself, but with your priest's Hymn of Hope, and a bit better cooldown usage you might find that you don't really need all 9K. In your case this isn't even a manner of reforging to other secondary stats yet, as you can convert your excess spirit gems to INT gems for large throughput gain.