Melthu

[Balance] Simple questions + WoL Feedback

97 posts in this topic

Will boomkins get a new stat priority in 5.2? or will it stay the same as now?

Did you not read the other main thread? Crit is still going to be favored for movemnt/multi-target, which is everything is 5.2

That's still open, I'd say. Haste and crit are going to be very close, at any rate--even more so than in 5.1. So maybe the overarching point is that you shouldn't worry about it too much. But trying to math out multi-target stuff in a little more detail is probably the next priority.

Do also remember that if you're trying to think about practical situations like heavy multi-dotting, if you also assume that you will ensure you are in Eclipse for the relevant parts of the fight (as is often the case), the best stat is Mastery by a good bit.

If I make a following macro:

/cast Celestial Alignment

/cast Wild Mushroom: Detonate

Will Wild Mushroom: Detonate benefit from Celestial Alignment?

Edited to answer my own question: Just did some testing on dummies and the answer is 'Yes.'

(Since both of those spells have no GCD, I was wondering whether the client would already register CA by the time WM: D was cast)

Could somebody please remind me whether Starfall not hitting any CC-ed targets will come in patch 5.2 or has it been hotfixed already?

is HotW the new got-to-talent or are there fights in 5.2 where NV outstands (dmg multipliers, burst phases etc.)?

Mr robot is telling me H-LOC(2x upped) > Volatile Talisman of SP Assault as well as Thunderforged 528 Cha-Ye's.

Does that sound correct to the math people? I assumed ilevel would win. Is the robot wrong?

Mr. Robot is generally unreliable and I wouldn't use it for anything.

Especially given we have Wrath Calcs.

Hey, so lately I've been thinking about certain situations, when I'm not completely sure whether or not it's worth to refresh my DoTs.

1) I am in Lunar Eclipse at 100 Lunar Energy, the time remaining on my Dots is ~14 seconds, Breath of Hydra and Cha-Ye both proc at the same time. Incarnation and CA have been used few minutes before and are on cooldown. Do I refresh my Dots before going out of Lunar Phase?

2) Same situation as 1, but now only Cha-Ye procs.

3) It's heroic jin'rokh fight, I am standing in the water, gaining Fluidity buff. I used CA, the time remaining on it is 2 seconds, I refresh the DoTs and at this moment I become the target of focused lightning. What do I do while running away with the orb and back into the water?

4) Once again it's heroic jin'rokh fight, I am in Lunar Eclipse at 40 Lunar energy, both of my dots are buffed by Fluidity and have 14 seconds remaining on them. The heroic storm phase begins. Let's say I don't have to heal anyone or use Tranquility just yet and I also can't hard cast. Should I damage him, thus refreshing one of my Dots (buffed by fluidity), and if yes - do I use Moonfire (buffed by eclipse) or Sunfire?

5) I was buffed by Bloodlust, CA and Incarnation and refresh my DoTs. They now have 14-15 seconds remaining on them. BL, CA and INC all end. Right at this moment my UVLS trinket procs. Do I refresh my DoTs or not?

6) I am at 0 energy, heading towards lunar eclipse. The time remaining on my DoTs is 7 seconds (sunfire buffed by eclipse). Bloodlust is casted. Do I refresh my DoTs right away or wait until I arrive at lunar eclipse?

1) Well first of all the amount of times this will happen is so small I doubt it's really worth worrying about, but it's probably worth refreshing moonfire at the end of lunar. This is assuming no movement or outside buffs/debuffs affecting damage.

2) No, again assuming no movement or special buffs/debuffs at the time.

3) Well you have 1 more GCD here to refresh again, right? The rest of the time you're moving you can plant shrooms, heal, innervate, roar, and just hope for starsurge procs. I wouldn't overwrite your CA dots with uneclipsed dots just for some lunar shower damage.

4) Again shrooms or some utility spell. Don't overwrite buffed dots. And why can't you hard cast? You should be right on the edge of the water at this point so you don't have much, if any, downtime when moving out of it.

5) That's pretty terrible luck, but yes. 100% crit dots beat buffed "normal" dots and the resulting starsurges will have you winning the game for the duration of those dots.

6) Wait until lunar.

Is there a DkDots or AffliDots equivalent addon for balance? I ask because if there were one, most of Paradise's questions two posts above would be "answered" by the addon itself.

I normally run challenge mode dungeons as a resto druid, but for the last boss in Stormstout Brewery I have to DPS as a moonkin. The trouble is, I am not sure which DPS trinket is the best one for maximizing DPS over 1 minute. So far I have collected:

[iTEM]Flashfrozen Resin Globule[/iTEM] (847 Hit; Use: +4232 Int for 25 sec; 2 min 30 sec CD)

[iTEM]Relic of Yu'lon[/iTEM] (847 Int; Equip: Chance for +2682 Int for 15 sec)

[iTEM]Blossom of Pure Snow[/iTEM] (847 Int; Use: +2822 crit rating for 15 sec; 1 min CD)

[iTEM]Shock-Charger Medallion[/iTEM] (847 Haste; Use: +2822 Int for 15 sec; 1 min CD)

Which two should I be using and is there any other trinket I should be farming?

I normally run challenge mode dungeons as a resto druid, but for the last boss in Stormstout Brewery I have to DPS as a moonkin. The trouble is, I am not sure which DPS trinket is the best one for maximizing DPS over 1 minute. So far I have collected:

[iTEM]Flashfrozen Resin Globule[/iTEM] (847 Hit; Use: +4232 Int for 25 sec; 2 min 30 sec CD)

[iTEM]Relic of Yu'lon[/iTEM] (847 Int; Equip: Chance for +2682 Int for 15 sec)

[iTEM]Blossom of Pure Snow[/iTEM] (847 Int; Use: +2822 crit rating for 15 sec; 1 min CD)

[iTEM]Shock-Charger Medallion[/iTEM] (847 Haste; Use: +2822 Int for 15 sec; 1 min CD)

Which two should I be using and is there any other trinket I should be farming?

You want the first two. Pure Int is the best DPS stat one-for-one (thus Relic), and due to the long buff duration of the Globule, it'll be significantly stronger. Note that the one-minute fight duration means that the cooldown on equip won't be a problem; even if you start the boss fight right after equipping the trinket, you'll get almost the full bonus as long as the fight is longer than 55 seconds.

This is probably true even if you have too much hit rating, as long as the Globule is reforged to a useful stat.

Hello EJ! How are you? I just earned my t154part bonus and i was asking what's the "best" combination of Talents/glyphs to optimise my DPS on the Throne of thunder. Excuse my english, i'm french. Thank's a lot

here is a link to my druid's armory : Starfall @ Les Clairvoyants - Communauté - World of Warcraft

Hello sir, due to the 4 piece bonus being so strong you might want to try to see if you can get haste level of 10296 to reach haste cap as it is currently stronger than crit. Also I find personally that glyph of omens really does not give me a lot of energy gain in a raid encounters, personally I have been opting to take glyph of stampede, glyph of stampeeding roar, and moonbeast. Also for talents, might want to try out the new force of nature talent in replacement of incarnation on some single target fights, it is pretty nice now. best of luck sir.

So okay I read that Force of Nature should be used on fights with one or two targets. My question about this is, is it 1 or 2 bosses like Twins or could it be used on fights like Horridon which is ONE target but has multi dotting phases. Also I am confused on what to do after my burst period at the beginning of the fight, I pop all my cds and a pot then spam all 3 trents out at once and it works fine but then do I start using it on Cooldown the rest of the fight or do I wait for 3 charges everytime?

So okay I read that Force of Nature should be used on fights with one or two targets. My question about this is, is it 1 or 2 bosses like Twins or could it be used on fights like Horridon which is ONE target but has multi dotting phases. Also I am confused on what to do after my burst period at the beginning of the fight, I pop all my cds and a pot then spam all 3 trents out at once and it works fine but then do I start using it on Cooldown the rest of the fight or do I wait for 3 charges everytime?

Use them as they come up, with procs like Jade Spirit/legendary meta. Don;t worry about NG too much since it should be up almost all the time. Once CA is coming off cd (1 min left) save up 3 treants to use during it.

Reaching 3 Treants should be avoided because when you have 3 Treants you aren't recharging another. The scenario where you should pool 3 Treants will be very rare and would have to be something like a Burning Tendon where being able to burst in a small window is the only DPS that really matters in a fight.

Also, I assumed Celestial Alignment didn't benefit the treants since they don't benefit from Eclipse and it was my understanding guardians, in general, don't benefit from % damage mods on their owner.

Okay and what ToT fights should I use it on instead of Incarnation.

jin'rohk

ji-kun

lei shen

megeara

iron-qon

twin consorts

primordius

dark animus

i find these fights to be good options for treants

jin'rohk

ji-kun

lei shen

megeara

iron-qon

twin consorts

primordius

dark animus

i find these fights to be good options for treants

Wouldn't INC be better on Jin'rohk due to plus dmg boost from pools? When I've done Jin'rohk this reset with FoN it seemed much worse than what I did with INC. However, they were bugged at that point so I will give them one more try on this boss next reset.

Wouldn't INC be better on Jin'rohk due to plus dmg boost from pools? When I've done Jin'rohk this reset with FoN it seemed much worse than what I did with INC. However, they were bugged at that point so I will give them one more try on this boss next reset.

If the timer for Incarnation lines up perfectly with being in the pools, it would probably be better DPS to stick with Incarnation due to the way damage multipliers stack. About the best fight I can think of off the top of my head for FoN would be Megaera, where even though there are multiple active targets, the raid is focusing on only one at a time.