Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecton

[Balance] Encounter Mechanics (T14)

138 posts in this topic

Looks like Starfall isn't hitting adds on Sha of Fear (heroic, at least) when you're in front of them anymore. I haven't been seeing Deflect! in any of our attempts.

Looks like Starfall isn't hitting adds on Sha of Fear (heroic, at least) when you're in front of them anymore. I haven't been seeing Deflect! in any of our attempts.

It never did. I remember seeing Deflect on normal long time ago.

Related to the Sha of Fear, the Sha Globes increase Energy regen whilst in Cat Form - so it has some small use with the activated part of HotW, allowing you to stay in Cat Form near indefinitely whilst there are Globes up.

Coming back to Wind Lord Mel'jarak again.

Wouldn't it be better to use Incarnation first and only use Celestial Alignment when there 15 seconds left on Incarnation (assuming you're still in Lunar Eclipse by then) instead of stacking them together?

Calculations show that when you have less than 8 targets, eclipsed DoTs > Hurricane. However only if they can run their full duration.

So I guess it would make sense to Hurricane if mobs are lower on health but mainly DoT otherwise?

Coming back to Wind Lord Mel'jarak again.

Wouldn't it be better to use Incarnation first and only use Celestial Alignment when there 15 seconds left on Incarnation (assuming you're still in Lunar Eclipse by then) instead of stacking them together?

Calculations show that when you have less than 8 targets, eclipsed DoTs > Hurricane. However only if they can run their full duration.

So I guess it would make sense to Hurricane if mobs are lower on health but mainly DoT otherwise?

All your CDs should be saved for Recklessness on the boss and used then. It's a 30sec debuff iirc for 100/200 or 500% more damage. I can't remembe which off the top of my head. Obviously trying to line up a new lunar eclipse with said debuff = better.

All your CDs should be saved for Recklessness on the boss and used then. It's a 30sec debuff iirc for 100/200 or 500% more damage. I can't remembe which off the top of my head. Obviously trying to line up a new lunar eclipse with said debuff = better.

So on Heroic mode, you don't use the usual opener but wait for the first pack of adds to be dead and do it then when recklessness is up?

Thank you for your answers, gannonjf.

I have two more questions regarding Wind Lord Mel'jarak HC.

Since the usual opening rotation is saved for when the boss gains Recklessness, do we start the encounter this way:

1) One cast away from Lunar

2) The usual Starfall > Pot > Wrath

3) DoT everything up with Moonfire, casting Shooting Stars procs when Moonfire is on all mobs and casting Sunfire if Moonfire is on all mobs and Shooting Stars aren't proccing

Or do we start the encounter this way:

1 One cast away from Solar

2) Pot > Starsurge

3) Starfall

4) Hurricane (until first pack dies? or until Nature's Grace is over?)

According to math, if Eclipsed DoTs can run their full duration, they are worth more DPS than Hurricane at less than 8 targets but perhaps some of you found the second way to be better or saw it done in top Moonkin logs?

And a final question:

I haven't done this encounter yet, will DBM spam a warning when the boss gains Recklessness?

Will of the Emperor HC.

Given Emperor's Rages don't live very long, is it worth it at all to Eclipsed DoT them or should I just Astral Storm/Hurricane (we're killing each pack of 4 that spawns immediately)?

Will of the Emperor HC.

Given Emperor's Rages don't live very long, is it worth it at all to Eclipsed DoT them or should I just Astral Storm/Hurricane (we're killing each pack of 4 that spawns immediately)?

If they don't manage to move out of Hurricane range and they die with a lot of DoT time letf on them, then AoE would be better.

is a guide being written for T15? So far have just been applying the same type of things done for the T14, but the Symb cheezes are hard to test when guild trying to progress... like effect of CoS/AMS on new mechanics.

I found this section extremely helpful for inching out every bit of serviceability /dps /surviveablity.

and wow do i love all these multi dot new fights!

I've not posted up a thread myself as I won't be able to raid this tier, so don't look at me!