Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soulece

Pre-order/Digital Collector's Bonus Discussion

6 posts in this topic

So we found out what the bonuses are for ESO if you preorder and/or get the collector's edition and I personally am excited for the bonuses and at the same time are troubled by them. I found that being able to be any race in any alliance to be a big bonus. So if you preorder, you can play as a High Elf in the Ebonheart Pact if you wish. I know that many people will find it unfair that if they don't preorder, they won't be able to do it so I see some controversy there.

However, the rewards that I feel will have the biggest affect on gameplay is Imperial being a playable race if you buy the collectors edition and the rings of mara. I am fine with it (though I do feel it's extortionate to say the least) but others may feel that ZOS is taking advantage of people who want to play imperial. The rings of mara let you and a friend perform a ritual that will increase your exp gain if you play together.

What are your thoughts on the bonuses from the Preorder/collector's edition. If you haven't seen them yet, head to ESO website and check them out.

It's nice to get a free horse. 5 days early access is nice too, hopefully avoid a lot of that crunch when everyone is playing at once. I purchased it. I'm not sure what the benefits of being an imperial are yet. Race bonuses don't impact a character unless you spend points on the racial abilities. 

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see what kind of bonuses that an Imperial gives my character and see if it synergizes with any of my class builds.

Wow, so looks like Imperial get 15% XP growth with 1 hand + shield, Increased Max Health, Increased Max Stamina, and a chance to heal with melee attacks. Since 4/4 of those help the Templar class I'm building, I think I have to go Imperial :)

Hmm... Looking at it I'm still Undecided. I was originally going Redguard, who also has Shield Affinity and Conditioning. So the difference is that instead of health on melee, I can restore stamina on melee, and increased stamina recovery in combat instead of increased max health.

I'm still not convinced what I will level first. I'm thinking about taking my Nightblade to max first and maybe work on my Dragonknight some other time. Also still trying to decide if I want to roll Dark Elf for my Dragonknight since the bonus to fire damage will synergize well with the Dragonknight.