Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaintNem

[Fixed] DBM Pull Timer

10 posts in this topic

Today after the patch I, as well as my guildies using DBM, could not see the pull timer. Those who use BigWigs could see the pull timer though, even if there was no way for us with DBM to know that one had started. We have tried everything from fiddling with the settings to re-installing. 

I'm showing vs. 5.4.10.  Is this the new version that fixes the pull timer?

Yes it works in that version. But others won't see it if THEY haven't update. the Bug is on receiving, not sending.

FWIW I am still seeing this problem with 5.4.10 r11061.

When I do a /dbm pull 10, I see the countdown but others in the raid also running the same version of DBM do not see the countdown.  Also, when other people in the raid do /dbm pull 10, they see the countdown but I do not.

I tried nuking all of my character-specific DBM WTF files in case there was something in my configuration causing the problem but no change.

Hmm, you verified version with /dbm version?

That is odd. I can't think of any reason that would happen, since only thing 5.4.7 broke was adding -realm pointlessly to local realm, and the update strips that to make things work right again. Is this by chance a flex raid or LFR?

In other words, are you on a different realm than the others who cannot see your PT? There may be an issue with naming inconsistency that needs work.

More information -- I was trying this outside of an instance (in Org) to test.  Should it work outside of an instance?  I just popped into Stormstout to test it and it seems to work, so maybe there's just some bug with trying to use it while in a raid but not actually inside an instance?  This was two people on the same realm.

Oh, that's working as intended if I'm understanding correctly. Only people within SAME ZONE see pull timers. This is to prevent people outside of zone on wait list from seeing pulls done inside, or from people outside from trolling those inside.

Ah, okay.  That explains it then.  I don't think the two characters were in the same zone.  False alarm!

This filter was added because Bink wanted it. You can actually disable this behavior in options. Disabling the same zone check so you can see timers from anywhere.

• Similar Content

• DBM 6.2.22 Released
      By MysticalOS
      Key: Blue: Noteworthy, Purple: Major
      New Features
      Core:
      Auto accept invites feature for friends list now also supports non battle.net friends as well. Emerald Nightmare:
      Added mod for Cenarius from heroic raid testing. Some Mythic stuff drycoded Added mod for Ilgynoth from heroic raid testing. Added a mod for Dragons of Nightmare from heroic raid testing. Note this mod is still very much incomplete since testing of this fight didn't go well for most groups. Added mod for Renferal from heroic raid testing. Mythic additions to Nythendra from mythic raid testing. Added mod for Xavius from heroic raid testing. Note: Phase 3 was bugged and he was not using most abilities during it so phase 3 timers are incomplete. Updated Ursok mod with a few more features for handling charge (such as auto soaker assigning) as well as latest data from mythic testing. The Nighthold:
      Added mod for Tichondrius from heroic raid testing. Added mod for Aluriel from heroic raid testing. Added mod for Telarn from heroic raid testing. Added mod for Krosus from heroic raid testing. Added mod for Star Auger Etraeus from heroic raid testing. Some mythic mechanics are also drycoded but untested. Added drycoded mod for Elisande prior to Tuesday, May 3rd raid testing. Updated scorpyron mod with improved timer auto correct code for greater accuracy in all difficulties and added mythic timers. Legion Dungeons:
      Added trash module to Arcway dungeon. Improved warnings and timers across Arcway dungeon. Added trash module to Assault Violet Hold Added mods for 3/8 bosses in Assault Violet Hold Improved warnings and timers across Eye of Azshara Added trash module for Halls of Valor Improved warnings and timers across Halls of Valor Added complete mod support for Court of Stars, including all bosses and a trash module. Bug Fixes
      Core:
      Fixed lua error in HUD caused by removal of TAXIROUTE_LINEFACTOR_2 global in legion. Fixed some lua errors related to removed challenge mode APIs in Legion. Update 32 legion mods to use updated UNIT_SPELLCAST args. Hellfire Citadel:
      Fixed a bug that caused Mythic archimonde timer for conduit to show as "unknown" if short text timers were enabled. This was caused by using a spell id that doesn't exist until legion to auto localized the short text. Legion Dungeons:
      Fixed LUA error on Glaidalis (Darkheart Thicket) Fix some lua errors in Eye of Azshara Changes
      Core:
      Added a new auto localized special warning text for defensive abilities/CDs instead of most tank warnings just being generic spell names. Hellfire Citadel:
      Changed HUD colors for lines on players for several offensive debuffs from green to yellow to fit more in line with philosophy that red is bad stuff not on player that player should avoid, yellow is bad stuff on player that player should get out of raid and green is a "move to" line that tells player to follow line to get somewhere. For more DBM news, visit:
      http://www.deadlybossmods.com

For information on known issues, visit:
      http://forums.elitis...st-known-issues
      For more information on DBM features, visit:
      http://forums.elitis...adly-boss-mods/
    • 7.0 Progress Report
      By MysticalOS
      Things have appeared quiet around here on DBM end but this is because work is well under way for Legion 7.0 content.
      Currently DBM already has full support for all dungeons and raids for pull/wipe/kill detection and basic features like range finder and other manual commands. 
      For raid mod support, most tested bosses so far (11/12 raid bosses so far) have full and functional mods. 3 raid bosses have drycoded mods. 1 Raid boss is ALMOST fully functional but just needs to see longer pulls (Dragons of NIghtmare). Very few were able to do this during testing. For dungeon mod support, 9 dungeons are fully supported right now. The 10th dungeon (violet hold) is only partially supported do to nature of RNG involved in seeing all the bosses. I will start publishing test videos and then linking to the threads in this sticky so you can see my testing first hand and development process for many of raid test bosses. I'll also update this thread when I do updates and add more bosses/dungeon support.
    • M Kormrok Tank Timers
      By targetman0
      Tanking mythic kormrok and trying to focus solely on the tank swap mechanics.  I unchecked every box except for the 3 timers for swat, explosive burst, and foul crush.  Our group does green-->purple.  At some point after the first swat timer, the rest of the timers do not appear and I end up guessing when to use CDs, taunt, etc.  I have been trying to taunt( as off tank) right before the MT gets swatted, in order to avoid the mechanic all together.  I can see this might mess with the timers a bit, but removing them completely?(it doesn't seem to effect the foul crush timers...)
      Seems odd.  Maybe I don't understand how the timers are populated(are they based entirely on when the last event occurred?)
      Thanks for any help