SaintNem

[Fixed] DBM Pull Timer

10 posts in this topic

Today after the patch I, as well as my guildies using DBM, could not see the pull timer. Those who use BigWigs could see the pull timer though, even if there was no way for us with DBM to know that one had started. We have tried everything from fiddling with the settings to re-installing. 

I'm showing vs. 5.4.10.  Is this the new version that fixes the pull timer?

Yes it works in that version. But others won't see it if THEY haven't update. the Bug is on receiving, not sending.

FWIW I am still seeing this problem with 5.4.10 r11061.

When I do a /dbm pull 10, I see the countdown but others in the raid also running the same version of DBM do not see the countdown.  Also, when other people in the raid do /dbm pull 10, they see the countdown but I do not.

I tried nuking all of my character-specific DBM WTF files in case there was something in my configuration causing the problem but no change.

Hmm, you verified version with /dbm version?

That is odd. I can't think of any reason that would happen, since only thing 5.4.7 broke was adding -realm pointlessly to local realm, and the update strips that to make things work right again. Is this by chance a flex raid or LFR?

In other words, are you on a different realm than the others who cannot see your PT? There may be an issue with naming inconsistency that needs work.

More information -- I was trying this outside of an instance (in Org) to test.  Should it work outside of an instance?  I just popped into Stormstout to test it and it seems to work, so maybe there's just some bug with trying to use it while in a raid but not actually inside an instance?  This was two people on the same realm.

Edited by Slackie

Oh, that's working as intended if I'm understanding correctly. Only people within SAME ZONE see pull timers. This is to prevent people outside of zone on wait list from seeing pulls done inside, or from people outside from trolling those inside.

Ah, okay.  That explains it then.  I don't think the two characters were in the same zone.  False alarm!

This filter was added because Bink wanted it. You can actually disable this behavior in options. Disabling the same zone check so you can see timers from anywhere.

• Similar Content

• DBM 6.2.18 Released
      By MysticalOS
      Key: Blue: Noteworthy, Purple: Major
      New Features
      Emerald Nightmare:
      Added complete mod for Ursoc with data available from heroic testing Added complete Nythendra mod with data available from heroic testing Added stub mods with only combat detection for rest of bosses in zone Suramar Raid:
      Added complete mod for Skorpyron with data available from heroic testing. Added stub mods with only combat detection for rest of bosses in zone Hellfire Citadel:
      Added new feature to mannoroth to Assign icons/yells for wrath of Gul'dan by role (TANK/HEALER/DAMAGER). This option is not on by default and must be set by raid leader only. Wrath of guldan on mannoroth will now have voice pack sounds for what mark to move to. Legion Dungeons:
      Added mods for all bosses in Blackrook Hold with all data available from normal testing Added mods for all bosses in Darkheart Thicket with all data available from normal testing Added stub mods with only combat detection for rest of 5 man bosses in Legion Bug Fixes
      Core:
      Some fixes to timer recovery to hopefully make it work more reliably on some cases. Fixed bug where you may get lua errors on combat end against Legion bosses. Fixed bug where range radar would throw lua errors and not work correctly with Demon Hunters in group. Hellfire Citadel:
      Fixed a bug on Xhul where it was warning to taunt swap before the boss was in phasing phase. Fixed a bug where HUD dot would still show for mark of legion even if HUD was disabled on mythic Archimonde Fixed a lua error for voice pack users on Blackhand mod. Changes
      Core:
      Updated to latest LibChatAnims for Legion compatability. DBM core now lets you set warning duration for on screen warnings as low as 1 second, down from previous 3 second lowest setting. Changed default countdown audio for all countdowns to begin at 4 seconds, down from 5. (mods that already use less than 4 will continue to do so) Name labels for HUD should hopefully now show up on alert circles even for names that aren't in range. Hellfire Citadel:
      Further refined add cancel timers on mannoroth to try to be as precise as possible on whether or not the add will come or not during a transition. Reduced yell countdown for mark of Legion on Mythic Archimonde from 5 seconds to 3 to still accomplish purpose but with less spam.  
      For more DBM news, visit:
      http://www.deadlybossmods.com

For information on known issues, visit:
      http://forums.elitis...st-known-issues
      For more information on DBM features, visit:
      http://forums.elitis...adly-boss-mods/
    • Legion Alpha: Nythendra Kill/DBM Testing
      By MysticalOS
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AscCWM0dOuI
      In This video I'm testing a mod on a boss that has never before been pulled that I drycoded before hand using only journal and spell data from wowhead. For most part the mod worked pretty well to warn for important debuffs and already had working yell countdowns and the works. The mod of course lacked perfect timers and instead used the built in AI system to try and learn some on the fly which it did but not perfectly since it's hard for ai timers to perfectly learn how phase changes reset timers and such. You can also see the debug I run in chat and transcriptor of course running to log fight to complete mod later (and the mod is complete now).
    • 7.0 Progress Report
      By MysticalOS
      Things have appeared quiet around here on DBM end but this is because work is well under way for Legion 7.0 content.
      Currently DBM already has full support for all dungeons and raids for pull/wipe/kill detection and basic features like range finder and other manual commands. 
      For raid mod support, all tested bosses so far (3 raid bosses so far) have full and functional mods.
      For dungeon mod support, 2 dungeons are fully supported right now. Backrook Hold and Darkheart Thicket
      I will start publishing test videos and then linking to the threads in this sticky so you can see my testing first hand and development process for many of raid test bosses. I'll also update this thread when I do updates and add more bosses/dungeon support.