Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ViperMusashi

[Added] New feature? Can it be disabled?

4 posts in this topic

TL;DR - Please make the AFK alert optional.

Sorry but I don't remember ever hearing this, so I assumed it'd been recently added. Also, I did quite a bit of research on it, but couldn't find anything except old posts from 2011 about "Making Archaeology more interesting."

I have game sound muted, but of course DBM is setup through master audio, so it's still audible. While farming and questing the other, I kept continuously hearing C'thun saying, "You will die." (Sound clip can be found here). Therefore, I knew the source had to be from DBM. Plus as I recalled, I was able to change warning sounds is the options and this as an available selection.

Which lead me to the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua file where there was the bit of code that explained to me what was happened.

if UnitIsUnit(uId, "player") and (health < 65) and not IsEncounterInProgress() and UnitIsAFK("player") and self:AntiSpam(5, "AFK") then--You are afk and losing health, some griever is trying to kill you while you are afk/tabbed out.
			PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouWillDIe.ogg", "master")--So fire an alert sound to save yourself from this person's behavior. 

I did a google search on it, and PRESTO - only one article on the web (http://dev.deadlybossmods.com/rss/DBM_Alpha_Changes-r11125.html)  dated just around a week ago. 

So, if at all possible, I'd like to be able to disable this option. Especially if it's going to be screaming at me while I do my errands with my /afk up as an excuse not to reply to every person who sends me a tell. 

Thanks in advance!

I haven't gotten around to adding a disable to it yet. I will add it before next release probably. I just don't know where to put it yet. I probably need to add a new panel for all the misc options that kind of have no good home.

Quest with "busy" instead of "AFK" will solve that problem. It's not fooling anyone when it says "away" but you're out in world. or something

I haven't gotten around to adding a disable to it yet. I will add it before next release probably. I just don't know where to put it yet. I probably need to add a new panel for all the misc options that kind of have no good home.

Quest with "busy" instead of "AFK" will solve that problem. It's not fooling anyone when it says "away" but you're out in world. or something

LOL unless they're in Diablo, SC2, or HS. Thanks for the reply though, and I would probably just suggest slamming it under General Options > General Messages > Misc

• Similar Content

• Special sounds and warnings (HFC)
      By Davos23
      Hi,
      my question is, if there´s a way to get a custom sound for a special situation?
      The situation is that, during the Hellfire Assault fight in HFC, I want to get the sound of a car engine every time a siege vehicle shows up.
      Is there a way to do that?
    • [Question] LFG Invite Options?
      By Oakegrove
      Hey!
      Ive been searching for some options or settings for the LFG Invite frame, but have found none.
      What I want is for the voice countdown that usually go "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" on boss fights and pulls to also be used for the LFG frame.
      Thank you for your time!
    • [Request] Calling out the name of Raid Boss Performed Actions
      By therabbit86ed
      Ok, so I was wondering, how awesome it would be that, in addition to the countdown on Raid Boss Performed actions, before the start of countdown, the name of the Boss performed action is also called out and then the countdown starts... 

Because, while the countdown bars in the middle of the screen are cute and all, they are hardly visible among all the other crap going onscreen in visually intensive fights (Tectus, Twins, etc.) 

Just a simple: "Tectonic Upheaval in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" or whatever the case may be would be so much easier to manage and avoid, instead of "DESTRUCTION!" or "BEWARE!" which really tells me nothing about what is going on if I don't look for that countdown bar in between doing DPS and sprinting to get out of the Crystalline Barrage that's about to kill me...

So, how about it?