Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Praetorian

Illidari Council

25 posts in this topic

councildown.jpg

This fight gets a bad rap, but I actually enjoy it quite a bit. As a healer anyway, it's like the best parts of Twin Emps (back when they were new and hard) without the tedium. No gimmicks or sudden skill checks that instantly wipe you if someone messes up -- just ten minutes of solid execution with a prize waiting at the end.

One more to go, I suppose?

And a couple of hours later....

illidangood.jpg

Not bad for the first night; can't wait until we get back to him.

Music that is only played while engaged with him and changes with the phases is the most epic you are ever going to get.

Agreed on council, awesome fun as a healer.

You seem to have passed the hardest bit of the illidan fight, hf teaching your casters to stop dots :)

The return of a flexing Tauren in the killshot.

You chase your dreams, Ikegotih, and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

How long did illdari take you? I had heard about 4 hours of raid time is average to dropping them.

It is reassuring to hear that the last two fights rely on skill rather than a random number generator. We cleared the entire shahraz trash the first time and saw maybe 1 heart, that sums up that for us.

We worked on them for 4-5 hours on Saturday, with a number of attempts (3-ish) that would have been kills if not for a lack of understanding regarding the stealable spell shield. Basically, it would wear off our Mage tank and it wasn't up again to steal, so he'd get one-shotted and we'd wipe. Gurg figured out what was going on after the raid, and we dropped them on our 2nd pull Monday. I don't think any of us are worried about repeating the kill.

Took us about four hours of actual raiding I'd reckon. We had some connection issues with a few people and subbing in and out due to prior plans which lengthened our overall time. (not to mention the EJ summer computer curse) Came back last night and could've dropped them on first sight though as the fight is very very easily repeatable.

The trick to the Shahraz trash is find the most annoying Survival hunter you can and let him farm up the riches of BT for the rest of the guild. It's worked for us so far!

How long did illdari take you? I had heard about 4 hours of raid time is average to dropping them.

It is reassuring to hear that the last two fights rely on skill rather than a random number generator. We cleared the entire shahraz trash the first time and saw maybe 1 heart, that sums up that for us.

1 heart is pretty horrible luck. I think we averaged 6-7 per clear, with a high of 12 or 13 on a couple of occasions.

As for Council, they're purely about execution, but it's not a complex multi-phase fight with various gimmicks you have to learn. Go in, get everything tanked, and keep it tanked even if it means you let some DPS die in order to prioritize tank healing, and everything will come together quickly enough.

To save you the time: Spellsteal Zerevor's buff the instant it's recast, every time; if he goes magic immune, it removes the buff, and it won't be recast in time. If this doesn't make sense now, it will once you see the fight. They would've died after a couple of hours if not for this little quirk (bug?).

Music that is only played while engaged with him and changes with the phases is the most epic you are ever going to get.

Go find these in the mpqs for me

The return of a flexing Tauren in the killshot.

You chase your dreams, Ikegotih, and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

i laughed

Good luck on Illidan. Unless a calamity befalls your guild he should be dead this week I assume.

Good luck on Illidan. Unless a calamity befalls your guild he should be dead this week I assume.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Ever the positive thinker and motivator, I made sure to plant the seeds of future success when I commented to our MT during our brief attempts on Monday, "Man, wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at like 7% and you missed a Shear?"

You wouldn't have to kill me in real life for that, because I would already be on top of that :(

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Ever the positive thinker and motivator, I made sure to plant the seeds of future success when I commented to our MT during our brief attempts on Monday, "Man, wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at like 7% and you missed a Shear?"

Of course, what I really should've said was, "wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at 12% and everyone decided to forget about parasites because 'omg he's trapped, burn!!'?"

It's a very good fight though -- Quigon, if you like Kael, you'll definitely enjoy Illidan.

To save you the time: Spellsteal Zerevor's buff the instant it's recast, every time; if he goes magic immune, it removes the buff, and it won't be recast in time. If this doesn't make sense now, it will once you see the fight. They would've died after a couple of hours if not for this little quirk (bug?).

WoW Forums -> Hotfixes for the Month of July

- High Nethermancer Zerevor will retain Dampen Magic even after Gathios the Shatterer casts Blessing of Spell Protection on him in the Black Temple - Illidari Council encounter.

Yeah Council's pretty much ideal for ToL healing -- I just keep lifebloom up on two tanks constantly and one of the two others depending on the situation, and it ends up being a ridiculous amount of healing. Not the most exciting fight to heal, but it's fun trying to stay aware of flamestrike/blizzard and not zoning out entirely to the rhythm of lifebloom refreshes.

Of course, what I really should've said was, "wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at 12% and everyone decided to forget about parasites because 'omg he's trapped, burn!!'?"

It's a very good fight though -- Quigon, if you like Kael, you'll definitely enjoy Illidan.

You heard right. As soon as your tanks get P2 down, the kill should come within the next hour or so as you see everything in P3.

Yesterday we had a first tweak at them. Two questions arose:

- We had in our last attempt to kill them several times Spell + Physical immunity cast on Veras at the same time. Any method to prevent that?

- Can Veras Darkshadow crush?

The news forum is not the place for general questions/discussion. Go to the BT/Hyjal thread in Public Discussion.