Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zurm

The Healadin Thread

1684 posts in this topic

Hmm, the plot thickens. So I did 243 test with 743 Spell Power, 12% Healing Light, and no Libram. I got a coefficient of 1.5/3.5*66/35*1.25 as well.

My tested minimum was 1523 and my maximum was 1602. My expected 1,523.97 minimum, and 1,602.37 maximum. It also seems that no matter how close it is the the next number, they always get rounded down.

Now to figure out how the libram gets applied. The closest I could find with my first results was that the Libram doesn't benefit from the 1.25 bonus, but that was off by 4 healing.

My tested minimum was 1523 and my maximum was 1602. My expected 1,523.97 minimum, and 1,602.37 maximum. It also seems that no matter how close it is the the next number, they always get rounded down.

This makes sense. If Flash has a range of 600-670, then the base amount healed is probably coded as INT(600+(RND(1)*71)).

This makes sense. If Flash has a range of 600-670, then the base amount healed is probably coded as INT(600+(RND(1)*71)).

Wouldn't that give 600-671 as the range? Also Since FoL7 is learned at 66, the healing ammount scales upwards. WoWhead lists it has 588 to 658, but ingame it shows 600-670. Now where did I see that discusison on spell level scaling again...

In a lot of languages Rand(1) will produce a random number that falls between 0<= x < 1, which means that it can never be 1. Also casting a float to an int normally just truncates the decimal (rounds down). So say if Rand(1) returns .99999999999, multiplied by 71 is 70.9999999999, add 600 to become 670.999999999999, and when cast to an int it becomes 670.

Ya, I wish I knew of some resource on spell scaling, ideally a formula, or at worst a table.

I am in the process of making a new first page post for this thread. That I'll send Zurm, thread starter and former guildmate, to update the first post with. It should help with a lot with useless questions, since the first post is incredibly out of date because Zurm went Ret. So if there if you have any suggestions, or a particular topic you want to see covered, please let me know.

Also, do people think it might be better to make a new thread entirely to start fresh for WotLK? I think it will be better, since it will make it easier for newer people looking at older posts. So they don't get confused with all the many different iterations of our abilities/talents during beta, and so they can easily see where new relevant WotLK discussion starts.

Also, do people think it might be better to make a new thread entirely to start fresh for WotLK?

This.

You don't want to confuse a new Healadin with a thread full of outdated information. Since you are writing it, you might as well start the post in a few days.

As a relatively new Healadin - new to the 70 level content anyhow - I agree a new thread would be nice. By all means link to this one, but I've spent a good bit of time meandering through this thread only to realize much of it doesn't apply anymore. WOTLK changes so much, it's a very different experience now.

Also, do people think it might be better to make a new thread entirely to start fresh for WotLK?

Everything has changed since we began, so yes. Another vote in favour of a new thread, for all the reasons you gave.