Sovereignty

UI Help Center

2716 posts in this topic

That screenshot doesn't actually suggest that what you are asking for is possible. They just have the top frame there all the time. I was actually looking to do the same thing with my windows last night, but came to the conclusion that you couldn't.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

The screenshots actually do suggest what I was looking for.

We're actually both wrong. That is MiniChat, and it is possible to do what I was wanting to do. To do so, you click on the grow button on the secondary chat window and anchor it to the main, then anchor the 3rd to the 2nd and so on.

I had more time to play around with it today, and found a good eepanel tutorial as well :)

I solved both my issues.

I'm rebuilding my UI from scratch, so when it's done, I'll be more than willing to share.

Edit: Punctuation.

I'm looking for something that I can maybe do with Grid possibly, or to the frames in Pitbull, to always know who I have in range and what debuffs they have on themselves (especially UA). As well as fast way to shield them if I need to. I have hear of healers using things like ClickCast for this kind of thing too.

Any brilliant ideas? Things others are using for a similar function?

I use Click2Cast for this. Bind a mouse button to shield and another to dispel and then place your party/raid frames in a place that you can quickly click. Keep your current dispel key binding for offensive dispels, with click casting you can always keep the main assist as your target so a macro to dispel the MA target isn't really needed.

Also you can use Proximo's right/left click feature to cast dispel on an arena opponent by clicking on his frame without having to target him.

Another popular mod for clickcasting is Clique by cladhaire.

Crap, I was hoping to not have to lose a day of my life learning RDX.

Oh well, down the rabbit hole we go.

Edit: really ohi? I'll play around with it some more for sure.

Edit2: Anyone know of a mod that will change the border around the text entry frame? I know skinner will, but thats a lot of mod just to do that.

Anyone know how to shorten a name in DogTag? Or limit it to a certain number of letters?

Also, using CT_RaidAssist I can view the Main Tanks' targets in a box, if I choose to. It would be an idea if somebody made an addon where you could have a visual box for each of the raid icon targets (Skull, Cross, Star, Square etc.). I will probably mail the developers of CTmod about this idea. And if there is a certain related function which I have overlooked, then please tell me xD. The challenge of this idea is whether it is possible to tag the marked targets with the LUA interface.

(I will edit this post with additional helpful informaton when I come home)

I am not sure if I understand what you meant. Do you want something like the MT's target function in oRA2?

The screenshots actually do suggest what I was looking for.

We're actually both wrong. That is MiniChat, and it is possible to do what I was wanting to do. To do so, you click on the grow button on the secondary chat window and anchor it to the main, then anchor the 3rd to the 2nd and so on.

How did you create the "secondary chat window"?

I created a window by right clicking on general->create new window. But when I was dragging the "secondary chat window" off the general window (primary window?), the minichat button doesn't exist on the "secondary chat window", and if I want to right click on the button when the "secondary chat window" was attached to the main window, I always got error:

"Minichat: can't attach default chat window to something".

Thanks!

Edit: really ohi? I'll play around with it some more for sure.

Edit2: Anyone know of a mod that will change the border around the text entry frame? I know skinner will, but thats a lot of mod just to do that.

Ya, I got it to do it today after downloading the comp from the screenshot I provided. I looked and s/he used MiniChat and eePanels, so I messed with it until I got it right. To be honest it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

How did you create the "secondary chat window"?

I created a window by right clicking on general->create new window. But when I was dragging the "secondary chat window" off the general window (primary window?), the minichat button doesn't exist on the "secondary chat window", and if I want to right click on the button when the "secondary chat window" was attached to the main window, I always got error:

"Minichat: can't attach default chat window to something".

Thanks!

Well I had all of my windows already separated when I loaded up MiniChat. I didn't attempt to create one afterwards. Maybe shut off the mods, make the windows, separate them and reload the mod and see if that works? After that I used Prat to remove the tabs and other things from the windows (scrollbars) that I didn't want.

Here's a screenshot of it, still a work in progress at this point:

scr116aba92ub5.jpg

I do need help with something if anyone knows about DogTags. What I want to do is this:

If my target is Alliance, I want it to say "Alliance" in blue.

If my target is Horde, I want it to say "Horde in red.

If my target is some other faction, say Stormpike Guard, I want it to say it in Green.

Is that possible? I can't figure it out :confused:

I am not sure if I understand what you meant. Do you want something like the MT's target function in oRA2?

I think he means something like :

X = Raid Target Mob = TT

Diamond = Raid Target Mob = ToT

and so on...

At least that's how I understood it.

To Ohi, yes, I figure it out already. :)

How did you use prat to remove tabs? They are getting annoying to me.

There's a "Tabs" function in Prat, just use it to remove the tabs

Prat > Tabs > Set Display Mode

Just set them to hidden once you have everything moved to where you want it because once they're off you won't be able to move them. If later, you need to move them again, just go back and turn them back on.

I do need help with something if anyone knows about DogTags. What I want to do is this:

If my target is Alliance, I want it to say "Alliance" in blue.

If my target is Horde, I want it to say "Horde in red.

If my target is some other faction, say Stormpike Guard, I want it to say it in Green.

Is that possible? I can't figure it out :confused:

This should work (off the top of my head):

[isFriend?IsPlayer?Faction:Color(ff0000)][isEnemy?IsPlayer?Faction:Color(0000ff)][~IsEnemy?~IsPlayer?~IsPet?Faction:Color(00ff00)]

Basically it is: [is the player Horde? Display red faction][is the player Alliance? Display blue faction][is it not a player/pet and not an enemy? Display green faction]

If you would like it to display non friendly factions as well, remove the '~IsEnemy?' conditional from the last tag.

Edit: There might be a way to combine it into a single tag, but I think it might be too complex to be worth it - either way I don't have the time to log into WoW and figure it out for you right now, so if someone else can do better go for it :).

Anyone know how to shorten a name in DogTag? Or limit it to a certain number of letters?

Trunc(#)

Trunc(#)

I'm assuming [Name:Trunc(3)] is how this would be entered, but thats not working out for me. It's still showing the full length name, no errors though, as if the trunc part of the tag has no effect. Any ideas why?

I'm assuming [Name:Trunc(3)] is how this would be entered, but thats not working out for me. It's still showing the full length name, no errors though, as if the trunc part of the tag has no effect. Any ideas why?

That's the correct dogtag, so it should work. Works fine for me. Make sure you have the field type as "custom", sometimes I forget to do that, and so you aren't actually changing the tag even though you are changing what is in the field.

This should work (off the top of my head): .....

Much thanks, worked like a charm, although you had the colors crossed :D I just swapped them and all was fine!

I've been tweaking my UI recently and I've gotten it to a point where I really like it, though I am frustrated with trying to find/create certain textures for eepanels. I have two questions:

1.) Does anyone have a good site for either a guide to creating your own art textures and using them through Ace2 mods or a good site for downloading textures created by others?

2.) I've been able to make a uniform font across all mods and general UI frames but one: SWStats. Does anyone know how to change the font, through altering the .lua or otherwise?

Is there a mod or program that allows you to log in with no mods loaded, and then allows you select different option sets depending on what you intend to be doing? I hate that it takes me 2 mins to log in because I load auction mods when I raid, or raid mods when I am pvping.

I have a question, when I set my Target health Text to Absolute and Percent, this is the custom text for the display:

[~Status?FractionalHP:Short] | [status:PercentHP:Percent]

When it shows up in the frame it shows up as:

11.2K / 11.2K 100

I want it to show up as:

11.2K / 11.2K [100%]

Can anyone help me?

Is there a mod or program that allows you to log in with no mods loaded, and then allows you select different option sets depending on what you intend to be doing? I hate that it takes me 2 mins to log in because I load auction mods when I raid, or raid mods when I am pvping.

Check out one that's called TooManyAddons. I think it may do what you're looking for, maybe not exactly, but probably as close as you can get. You can find it at curse.

TooManyAddons | World of Warcraft @ Curse

I have a question, [...] Can anyone help me?

Try:

[~Status?FractionalHP:Short] | [status:PercentHP:Percent:Bracket]

That worked for me.

Does anyone know how to code Combat damage as white? I've tried a few ways but it's not coming up. It's just red, and my frames are dark so red isnt showing up well.

Yes, kinda. Try ACP (Addon Control Panel). You can easily swap between addon "sets", however for many addons it'll be necessary to do a ui reload in order to enable them after login. There's also AddonLoader - which I don't use personally - that integrates with ACP and lets you automatically load certain addons on certain conditions: join a raid, enter a certain zone, open the AH or somesuch. Many raid and auction addons will only load when relevant by default, however, and I'd imagine it's common for pvp addons to act the same.

Ok so I decided to *try* out grid again cause I actually think it would work better with my new layout than the pitbull raid frames.

I know in Pitbull there's a faux or mock Raid so you can see the frames and edit accordingly. Does Grid have this? I'm looking at the config window and can't seem to find anything of the sort.

Try:

[~Status?FractionalHP:Short] | [status:PercentHP:Percent:Bracket]

That worked for me.

Does anyone know how to code Combat damage as white? I've tried a few ways but it's not coming up. It's just red, and my frames are dark so red isnt showing up well.

Ty, but it didn't work. For some reason it won't change it. I went to custom and pasted that exact line and it did nothing.

Ty, but it didn't work. For some reason it won't change it. I went to custom and pasted that exact line and it did nothing.

Hmm that's odd, especially if it was on Custom. I tried it and it changed mine again. I wonder what can be wrong. Try a reload, sometimes things bug out :keke: