Sovereignty

UI Help Center

2716 posts in this topic

Is it possible to move unit frames in combat? If so, how would I go about moving a Pitbull unit frame? PitBullUnitFrame1:somethinghere(position) ?

Edit: In LUA.

You gotta press the enter key after pasting, far as I remember (to Sichosis).

I know, I did that. Ctrl+V and Enter. Nothing, tried it about 12 different times, rebooted and tried some more, still no change. One time it change to 100/100/100 and wouldn't change back to what it was. Had to reboot and re-paste the original.

Still nothing.

This has probably been answered before, but i wasnt able to find the thread...Is there anywhere i could find a write up or a guide to adding textures to pitbull and other addons; also a How To with eePanels??

For example with this UI, the creator has a grey border/look/feel to everything.

http://i22.tinypic.com/kb905j.jpg

or

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/wangstick/emoui.png

Also, i know this is an extremely broad question, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Natural

Is it possible to move unit frames in combat? If so, how would I go about moving a Pitbull unit frame? PitBullUnitFrame1:somethinghere(position) ?

Edit: In LUA.

Nope, this function ate dust the same time emergency healing monitors did.

Also, I'm still looking for something that will just display my targets name. RDX is a massive addon to use to do this. It's totally not worth using for such a purpose.

Grid does not have a mock raid like Pitbull or DUF do with their various frames. I find that the easiest way to adjust it is go into AV and just follow everyone around while you adjust so you won't get reported for being AFK. Though you may know it already, you can also change the fonts and textures for Grid like you can with any other normal UI mod. Whatever you're using for textures, like SharedMedia or Surfaces, Grid will use as a pool for you to select from as well.

I like the look of incorporating brushes in UI with eepanels, however, I am having trouble with getting it to recognize the TGA files I am using. I dont have and do not wish to spend the money for photoshop. I am using a program called GIMP for editing and a program called Irfanview to convert file types. Since i dont have photoshop I cannot download the bulk files (AR files?), I am downloading paintbrush files and converting them to TGA.

I know the pathway I'm using is correct, since the TGA file "icon" changes the panel. The files are evenly dimensioned like stated in the instructions. All of the files i have edited and converted to TGA do nothing.

eePanel directions say to make sure the files are 32bit uncompressed. What does that mean? Could that be the problem? How do I check if the files I am using are that?

Hi,

I've just updated my Ace2-AddOns, and I had a suprise when login my main ...

All my Bartender3 borders disappeared (whereas my Interface\Tooltips folder is still up and I didn't change anything into it ...).

I usually has grey borders around my buttons, and I don't get them for BT3.

(They're still there for my eePanels borders ... (Blizzard Tooltip Borders)).

Any idea ? :/

I checked Bartender.lua and the directory is still Interface\\Tooltips\\UI-Tooltips-Border.

Nope, this function ate dust the same time emergency healing monitors did.
Curses, I thought that was just creating frames :(.

Edit: It should be possible out of combat though, right?

Is there anywhere i could find a write up or a guide to adding textures to pitbull and other addons; also a How To with eePanels??

Thanks,

Natural

WoW-Europe.com Forums -> How To DIY Textures/Custom UI

http://www.omgphatloots.org/UI/Videos/eePanels%20Tutorial.pdf

Those should help you out some.

ps. Don't sign your posts.

Grid does not have a mock raid like Pitbull or DUF do with their various frames.

Yep, found that out. :( You would think that a mod so widely used would have such a feature to ease setup.

Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to show how many charges a buff has? For example I have a tag to show Lifebloom, but I would like to see the number of stacks, as well.

In what sort of application, or are you just saying in general with some sort of mod?

How do I move the latency "the red area" from the left side of my castbar to the right, so that my castbar is going towards it? I am using Quartz

Is it possible to show how many charges a buff has? For example I have a tag to show Lifebloom, but I would like to see the number of stacks, as well.

Far as I can tell from the DogTag tag list, no can do. All you have is the HasAura(x) tag and it's boolean, no tag to check for charges. Which, err, come to think of it means I'll not be swapping GridStatusHots for Pitbull on my tree alt as vaguely planned any time soon...

I have a small UI issue that has been bothering me for a while, figured I could try my luck here and see if anyone has had the same occur and maybe fixed it somehow.

It's related to ACE2 addons and Load On Demand functionality as far as I can tell.

I have a couple of ACE2 addons that are present in my Addons folder and working ingame, but never immediately after I start the game, or do a /reloadui. If I want them *active* I have to do for example a '/ace2 load Quartz ' manually. And its not the same across all of my characters.

My main char will not have these addons active whenever I load my UI:

Quartz

Grindstatus

Spellbinder

I don't know what kind of settings would affect this, I've never done anything intentionally to have them not be active from start, and Grindstatus was like this from the first time I ran it. Quartz and Spellbinder worked like they should originally but then suddenly changed behavior.

They have to be loaded in some way from start right? Else I guess I shouldn't be able to /ace2 load etc and having them work?

It's getting tiresome doing the manual load whenever I get ingame, anyone got any suggestions? Would be nice not having to clear my saved variables and WTF folder as setting up the settings for atleast Quartz the way I like them aren't something I would do over again if I can avoid it.

From few days i have weird problem with action bars - Bartender with cyCircled textures. After i finish casting any spell, some buttons change their texture from Vol to this:

14u0eh.jpg

Also when i use other texture from cyCircled, some buttons go black when i mouse over them.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Grid does not have a mock raid like Pitbull or DUF do with their various frames. I find that the easiest way to adjust it is go into AV and just follow everyone around while you adjust so you won't get reported for being AFK.

If you don't feel like going into AV to fill a 25/40 man raid to help reposition Grid, I've found that just having a single person in the raid and toggling the "Horizontal Groups" setting on and off can be a good substitute if you're just looking to reposition. Just move the person to group five or group eight and that will give you a good visual marker on how much space you'll need.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an action bar replacement? I'm currently using Trinity, which I generally like, but it's not ACE, and since it's been updated, it's been a little on the flakey side (disappearing bars when I shift forms, keybindings that never clear).

I'm looking for action bars with the following properties:

1 - Bars can be different sizes (both in scale and number of buttons)

2 - Bars can be hidden until mouseover

3 - Must work with Dr. Damage

Thanks

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an action bar replacement? I'm currently using Trinity, which I generally like, but it's not ACE, and since it's been updated, it's been a little on the flakey side (disappearing bars when I shift forms, keybindings that never clear).

I'm looking for action bars with the following properties:

1 - Bars can be different sizes (both in scale and number of buttons)

2 - Bars can be hidden until mouseover

3 - Must work with Dr. Damage

Thanks

Bartender3 can do all these things and is Ace2. The bar sizes are limited to 12, though: I don't know if this is the case with Trinity Bars.

Ok I've been pondering this for a while and havn't come up with a solution, when you have unitframes with dark colours like This how can you change the background colour so you can actually see when you lose health? When I use colours that dark it is just dark on dark and completely useless, changing the "Background Colour" in Pitbulls global settings doesn't seem to do anything? I know I've seen ui's (Ryas I think) with dark UF's but with a different background colour.

Is there a way to get a eePanels2 panel to show up only when the Quartz swing timer is visible?

I've been having this issue for a while now off and on and it's kind of bothering me. I'm unable to open my raid frame/spellbook/etc windows while in combat. It was happening for a while but it went away and now it's back. Using the regular slew of Ace combinations.. bartender, eepanels2, prat, pitbull, simple minimap, etc.. can't for the life of me figure it out.

Kind of a bothersome issue when you need to shift raid members around but can't in combat. Or realize your bars are screwed up and need to go into your spellbook but cant open the spellbook or unlock frames in combat.

Ok I've been pondering this for a while and havn't come up with a solution, when you have unitframes with dark colours like This how can you change the background colour so you can actually see when you lose health? When I use colours that dark it is just dark on dark and completely useless, changing the "Background Colour" in Pitbulls global settings doesn't seem to do anything? I know I've seen ui's (Ryas I think) with dark UF's but with a different background colour.
Change it on the bars themselves, they have a custom background colour option.

Is there a way to get a eePanels2 panel to show up only when the Quartz swing timer is visible?
Set your swing bar position to free, and then parent the panel to "QuartzSwingBar".

Right that did the job cheers, another question I have is how would I make pitbull text coloured by my pet's happiness? I did a google search and couldn't find any info on dogtags (probably cuz I suck). I can't think of any other way to display my pet's happiness (colouring UF's is ugly).