Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vectivus

2.4 Details, as they arrive

844 posts in this topic

I hate saying that, but listing changes isn't worth anything without linking the source.

True, many sites are heavily loaded right now though. Wowblues is gone "too many connections". The sources will follow and I am sure incorporated into the first post

I hate saying that, but listing changes isn't worth anything without linking the source.

They're all from Blizzard posts on the General (US and EU) forums. I won't put anything in the OP that hasn't been specifically substantiated and confirmed. A mess of links and quotes can follow in the 20+ incoming pages.

"Maybe being able to use Fear Ward while in Shadow Form would help? Yeah, I like this idea, we'll roll with it in the next patch."

Source

Priests

Fear Ward castable in shadowform in 2.4

Also, fishing daily:

Anyway, along the lines of fishing we're adding a new daily quest for fishing. Once 2.4 goes live (or once the PTRs are up) you'll want to visit "the mysterious old man" near Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath. He's sure to offer treasures beyond your wildest dreams... or ramble on about how they had to color their own margarine during the war. Either/Or.

Hm, so they balance melee haste rating to be "in line" with magic haste, now they substantially buff magic haste? Would love haste to increase energy regen rate...

"What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous."

Hooray PvP.

Hm, so they balance melee haste rating to be "in line" with magic haste, now they substantially buff magic haste? Would love haste to increase energy regen rate...
Apples and oranges. It's both haste, but they're both different. Melee haste, unlike spell haste, doesn't increase the rate at which you spend energy for example. Not to mention that there's just a large difference between auto-attacking and using specials and exclusively using specials (Which is the basic difference really between casters and physical dps classes).

There's also the matter that spellhaste is currently useless for classes that are already GCD bound. Tree druids being the most notable.

Don't be retarded. This is a much needed change to make spell haste useful to a number of classes/specs for whom it just wasn't having any effect, and for no good reason.

Since I've decided there's absolutely no relevant thread I could ever find to throw out this info...

We're making some improvements to the way the looting UI and related functions work in 2.4. These are just a couple of the changes planned.

First when you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog. One less pop-up to deal with, obviously you want your badges, AMIRITE?

Also when you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window. You'll be able to identify that you're getting the right items much easier now.

There are a few more but I won't ruin all the surprises.

source: WoW Forums -> Looting UI Changes

Dont be stupid? spell haste is USELESS for dot or instant cast classes (Afflic locs, Resto Druids, SPs - to a degree) because the majority of spells are all at the 1.5sec GCD regardless of haste.

This will not really effect much on the casters who already benefit well from this because their spells tend to be all 2.5-3sec casts which will not really have a chance of hitting the 1.5sec cap without majorly ruining your general stats.

"What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous."

Hooray PvP.

The honor grind just got a lot less painful.

WoW Forums -> Looting UI Changes

Since I've decided there's absolutely no relevant thread I could ever find to throw out this info...

We're making some improvements to the way the looting UI and related functions work in 2.4. These are just a couple of the changes planned.

First when you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog. One less pop-up to deal with, obviously you want your badges, AMIRITE?

Also when you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window. You'll be able to identify that you're getting the right items much easier now.

There are a few more but I won't ruin all the surprises.

edit: beaten to it...

edit: beaten to it...

Expect a lot of that today. The communal sigh of relief is put to shame only by the voracity with which every blue snippet will be consumed.

Dont be stupid? spell haste is USELESS for dot or instant cast classes (Afflic locs, Resto Druids, SPs - to a degree) because the majority of spells are all at the 1.5sec GCD regardless of haste.

This will not really effect much on the casters who already benefit well from this because their spells tend to be all 2.5-3sec casts which will not really have a chance of hitting the 1.5sec cap without majorly ruining your general stats.

And those classes/specs needed itemization buffs? I understand haste rating needs to be useful in near every corner of the PvE area, but now magic haste is just plain more useful for some classes/specs than others. Effectively shifting the imbalance from the usefulness of the stat elsewhere, not balancing it overall.

Not like my argument matters, it's going in.

Read thread. Then post.

noticed it wasn't listed as a warlock change on the OP, forgive me :(

edit: spelling

Speculation: With token bosses dropping three of each now, there could be a chance that they won't be random anymore, and will just be one of each token every time, which would be nice (AQ Style).

And those classes/specs needed itemization buffs? I understand haste rating needs to be useful in near every corner of the PvE area, but now magic haste is just plain more useful for some classes/specs than others. Effectively shifting the imbalance from the usefulness of the stat elsewhere, not balancing it overall.

Okay, wait - it was good for some people and useless for others, and now it's useful (in varying degrees) for everyone. This is a bad change, how?

I believe the spell haste change with be a huge benefit with the heroism/bloodlust buffs previously having "no" affect on certain spells.

Did you seriously just insinuate that shadow priests and affliction locks do not need itemization buffs? Really? When was the last time you heard an aff lock or shadow priest say "Man I'm so glad we scale so well and our itemization is so good" (Hint: It was when FSW set was the best we could get)? I mean you're also suggesting that this will shift the usefulness of spell haste. The classes that use spell haste now don't have to worry about hitting the GCD because the cast times of their spells are 2.5s or more.

I'm just sad I haven't collected more haste gear.