Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vectivus

2.4 Details, as they arrive

844 posts in this topic

Speculation: With token bosses dropping three of each now, there could be a chance that they won't be random anymore, and will just be one of each token every time, which would be nice (AQ Style).

AQ is so old that I forgot, ignore this part ;<

But its a nice point, having one of each drop every week would reduce a fair chunk of the randomness which is so complained about on PvE vs PvP loot (which would mean so much less Paladin offspec loot, always good for us!).

I doubt they will go that far into usefulness however.

I'm surprised they're removing diminishing returns on HK's, but pleased. This is going to seriously change the face of pvp, both in and out of Battlegrounds. I'll definitely expect a slight increase in the frequency of Field of Strife meatgrinds, but the larger effect will be on the smaller BG's where HK honor is less diluted between players. This may turn WSG into de facto Slayer/Deathmatch, with flags as a secondary focus.

Regardless of whether this change will overall promote positive or negative player behavior, BG's needed a huge shot in the arm, and this manages that for the time being. I'm stoked.

[首å‘]2.4è¡¥ä¸æœ€æ–°ä¿¡æ¯[2/2]

Chinese collection of notes. I'm getting some guildmates to look through it to see if there's anything new. You can babelfish it, of course, for amusing results.

-Characters will now retain the ranks learned previously through talents. When you respec you will not have to retrain the different ranks of the spell.

-Druid : lacerate (i think it is lascerate, not good with proper names in chinese): this skill will now scale with druid's attack power

-Mage : Spell steal will no longer stack effects that increase with time (huh?)

-Warrior : Berserker rage ( think, need verification) will now increase the rage

-pvp : stealth detection now increases damage taken by 5% instead of a DOT, duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21 sec)

-Blue PvP level 70 items can are now on rep vendors (huh?)

-one of the pvp sets for Paladins is being readjusted and will show dps increase (assume protection)

I dont get the AQ style ref, there was always 3 tokens that could drop no?

AQ40 bosses dropped 2 tokens, one of which covered 4 classes, one of which covered shaman/paladin and remaining. Every kill of a boss with tokens provided a token that every class could use.

I dont get the AQ style ref, there was always 3 tokens that could drop no?

But its a nice point, having one of each drop every week would reduce a fair chunk of the randomness which is so complained about on PvE vs PvP loot (which would mean so much less Paladin offspec loot, always good for us!).

I doubt they will go that far into usefulness however.

AQ40 had two token types, one suited for four classes, the other for five. The one for five had both Shamans and Paladins on it however, and the bosses that dropped the tokens always dropped both the token types.

I'm surprised they're removing diminishing returns on HK's, but pleased. This is going to seriously change the face of pvp, both in and out of Battlegrounds. I'll definitely expect a slight increase in the frequency of Field of Strife meatgrinds, but the larger effect will be on the smaller BG's where HK honor is less diluted between players. This may turn WSG into de facto Slayer/Deathmatch, with flags as a secondary focus.

Regardless of whether this change will overall promote positive or negative player behavior, BG's needed a huge shot in the arm, and this manages that for the time being. I'm stoked.

Expect a limit to the # of honorable kills for each enemy in the battleground (but it won't be too stringent).

-Characters will now retain the ranks learned previously through talents. When you respec you will not have to retrain the different ranks of the spell.

-Druid : lacerate (i think it is lascerate, not good with proper names in chinese): this skill will now scale with druid's attack power

-Mage : Spell steal will no longer stack effects that increase with time (huh?)

-Warrior : Berserker rage ( think, need verification) will now increase the rage

-pvp : stealth detection now increases damage taken by 5% instead of a DOT, duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21 sec)

-one of the pvp sets for Paladins is being readjusted and will show dps increase (assume protection)

Try to confirm these a tad better. The spell rank change is pretty obvious.

Expect a limit to the # of honorable kills for each enemy in the battleground (but it won't be too stringent).

50 deaths per person, previously announced.

One thing I thought about with the ability to summon into instances.

Shortly after BC was released, summoning throughout ALL of Netherstorm was disabled except via the meeting stone in front of Tempest Keep. This was to prevent cheesing of running sub-70s through the TK instances, which would normally require a level 70 and a flying mount.

With the reactivation of summoning inside instances, will they disable summoning to Tempest Keep 5-mans or will they just lift the summoning restriction over Netherstorm?

What the spellsteal change means that if you steal an arcane intellect from a mage player, for example, it will not override your current arcane intellect (which is usually > 2 minute duration left) and change it into the 2 minute version that you spell stole.

Not game breaking, but yeah its there

Anyway to link the applicable blue threads in the OP?

Hardly worth the time/patience - all the links are in the thread. When I start posting fabricated, baseless crap, feel free to ask for sources.

Perhaps they mean BG rep? Having the BG reps sole purpose being to unlock the exalted title always seemed a little silly to me, a somewhat bipolar change from the prior system of having a great deal of loot available from rep only.

Try to confirm these a tad better. The spell rank change is pretty obvious.

-Talents with ranks will retain the learned ranks.

-Druids: Lacerate will scale with attack power.

-Mage: Spell steal will no longer overwrite buffs that have a longer duration.

-Warrior: Endless rage will grant more rage.

-Arenas: Stealth detection buff will be 5% more damage instead of a DoT and will last 15 seconds instead of 21.

-Blue PvP level 70 items are now available on reputation? vendors.

-One of the PvP sets for Paladins are being readjusted.

The last two he's unsure on.

Okay, wait - it was good for some people and useless for others, and now it's useful (in varying degrees) for everyone. This is a bad change, how?

I'm pretty sure the point he's making is the fact that while spell haste is excellent for mages at >T5 level, it's horrible for druids (unless dreamstate) currently. With this change, instead of balancing it where druids now see an improved need for it and mages still see that same benefit, they've made it INCREDIBLE for mages now (probably the most wanted stat hands down) and druids will want it just slightly more now.

Again, they didnt balance the stat, they just made it better for everyone...which means that it was good already, its now great and if it was shitty, its just now good.

I think FoL pallies will be inc, we have one that was collecting haste items for a while to play with and will probably use them now. As for melee not getting the benefit, sigh, since gcd can fuck with us sometimes (granted not nearly as much as casters).

The healing grace change is complete garbage and fixes nothing. I haven't used that talent in PvE since well, ever, because there's never been a situation where threat has mattered to me. Furthermore, dispel resistance matters for one spell only, Earth Shield. Two dispels instead of one to remove a 900 mana cast doesn't fix the issue, and now I'm required to waste 3 points that I don't want to use to get that. I just can't see taking this talent still which means that nothing has changed at all.

Hopefully there's more information to come regarding resto pvp because if this is it I'm disappointed.

As before it was only a translation and might be wrong, there was a confirmation on the Lacerate change (and some people demand a source on everything..) Here

Again, they didnt balance the stat, they just made it better for everyone...which means that it was good already, its now great and if it was shitty, its just now good.

No, not really. For those specs it was great for, nothing has really changed. It's only those specs for which it did *nothing*, that it now does *something*. They essentially had an unrelated factor that was preventing the "make spells cast faster" stat from actually making spells cast faster, and now that factor has been mitigated. This isn't about buffing or nerfing the stat so much as making it work as it intuitively should for everyone, as opposed to arbitrarily only those who use longer-cast spells. Who, realistically, are still going to get slightly more out of it just because it's still easier to lose some cast time on faster spells (even while mashing the hell out of buttons).